[Football] Sander Berge - 24 year old Norwegian international midfielder - Sheff Utd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

levs

Jul 10, 2017
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/p...id-transfer-warning-to-brighton-leeds-others/

I seem to remember his name cropping up on our radar a couple of years ago before he joined Sheff Utd, but can't find anything about him on here.

Anyway, we've been warned off apparently.

I've got a feeling this guy is still on our radar, and think he would add something different to what we already have in midfield. I wouldn't be surprised if we had made enquiries but if they don't want or need to sell then it's probably unlikely. Their stance might change if they don't get promoted though

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
15 million mark and I would go for it. Compliments what we have well.

Surely would finish off someone like Alzate though, what with Moder coming back too at some point.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's too good for the Championship and anchors that Blades midfield. I feel they are certs for promotion if he stays. He would be an upgrade on Alzate and a good option in the next window if Moder comes back a lesser player, but not sure he starts ahead of Mac, Gross, Caicedo.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
If we were going to sign someone to 'replace' Biss, this was who I wanted. Not like for like but really good defensively and going forward too. Mobile and a big unit too for some extra presence with Mwepu.

As mentioned, linked before so might have kept an eye on him. If it wasn't for a bad injury in his second season in the Prem he would be at a champs league club.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
15 million mark and I would go for it. Compliments what we have well.

Surely would finish off someone like Alzate though, what with Moder coming back too at some point.

I know the situation has changed but didn't they pay £20m for him back in 2020? I know they've been relegated and I know that he's only got a couple of years left on his deal but given how important he is to their chances of promotion I'd be surprised if they let him go for less that they paid.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We seem to be getting linked to all and sundry at the moment.

Probably something to do with having a shed load of money from transfers and a well-documented problem in scoring goals/converting chances.

Not saying there's not any truth in this, but it's silly season in the leadup to the end of the transfer window!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
More Than Words
Extreme

Saying “I’ve joined you"
They’re the words I want to hear from you
From Sheffield we can save you
There’s better places if you only knew
how easy, it would be to leave the place of steel

[Chorus]
Sander Berge, all you have to do is sign the deal
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me
'Cause I'd already know

What would you do
If we played a midfield two?
Sander Berge will show his skill
Prove that he’s the real deal

What would you say
If I said this boy can play?
Then you go and make things new
Just by saying "I’ve joined you"

La-di-da, da-di-da
Di-dai-dai-da
Sander Berge
La-di-da, da-di-da

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I know the situation has changed but didn't they pay £20m for him back in 2020? I know they've been relegated and I know that he's only got a couple of years left on his deal but given how important he is to their chances of promotion I'd be surprised if they let him go for less that they paid.

I think they paid a lot more than 20, equally he has spent a couple of years in the championship now, and i assume contract is starting to run lower, and they may well need the money.
All of these things I am hoping drive the price down.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
After the first half against Newcastle, you could see that a ‘Bissouma’ style option (fixed, athletic, dynamic ball winner in the centre of the park) would be nice for Potter to have.

But is Berge dynamic and mobile enough? I’m not sure that he could play the game at the speed Biss did for us so it’ll be no surprise if we’re not in for him.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
One injury that he's recovered from?

Berge.jpeg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just looked him up and I'm getting £35m to Liverpool stories.

:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports