Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
A few reports floating around this morning that Putin may have had a heart attack at the weekend. Of course that could just be more of the unverified health rumours.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
A few reports floating around this morning that Putin may have had a heart attack at the weekend. Of course that could just be more of the unvaried health rumours.
I saw it yesterday. "collapsed and had to be resucitated".

I just dont believe it, we've had Lukashenko on deaths door twice this war, and then each time he pops up looking normal, just 6 weeks ago, rumours that Kadyrov was either dead or on life support then he pops up smiling in a meeing with Putin.

Its all part of the Maskirovka, constant deception and rumour spreading to keep Ukraine and media space off balance. They spread the BS, then Putin re-appears, normal, claiming it was all a western disinformation plot.

I bet the nazi bunker coward, unfortunately, had no such incident.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I just dont believe it, we've had Lukashenko on deaths door twice this war, and then each time he pops up looking normal, just 6 weeks ago, rumours that Kadyrov was either dead or on life support then he pops up smiling in a meeing with Putin.

Its all part of the Maskirovka, constant deception and rumour spreading to keep Ukraine and media space off balance. They spread the BS, then Putin re-appears, normal, claiming it was all a western disinformation plot.

yeah you're exactly right. You hear these reports and then they pop up somewhere a week or so later.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

I had not heard of Maskirovka before, although I've made various comments about the deception, distraction etc used by Russia.
But it is much, much more than that. It is actually a discipline, studied, defined and exercised within the Russian/Soviet military since at least the 19th century.

I've googled it, and watched a couple of videos, which I won't post on here. I'll leave it up to you all to discover it if you wish.

One underlying question I've struggled with throughout the war is 'how on earth does Russia come to that conclusion?'. This can be applied to any number of events, reports, articles and speeches.

I would suggest that the answer will often lie in Russia's use of 'Maskirovka'. Concealment. Denial. Distraction. Obfuscation. All designed to elicit the wrong responses from Russia's enemies.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
'At some point in the future, Western countries will have to re-engage with Russia. How will that be possible? Have too many bridges been burnt?'

A view of Russia and Russians by Georgian author Tinatin Japaridze:

How the west engages with Russia will probably depend on who is the Russian president. I’m not sure how anyone could deal with Putin after what’s happened over the past 10 years and the last 2 years in particular. How could anyone trust entering negotiations with someone who is a proven liar and war criminal? Our gripe ( the world’s) shouldn’t be with the Russian people but with the mafia that runs it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A few made up reports floating around this morning that Putin may have had a heart attack at the weekend. Of course, they have no evidence and are designed to get clicks or a distorted understanding from those that believe any old rubbish they hear.
As much as no-one would mourn him, the above correction to your post is probably the way I would put it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
How the west engages with Russia will probably depend on who is the Russian president. I’m not sure how anyone could deal with Putin after what’s happened over the past 10 years and the last 2 years in particular. How could anyone trust entering negotiations with someone who is a proven liar and war criminal? Our gripe ( the world’s) shouldn’t be with the Russian people but with the mafia that runs it.
I agree, and I take your point about the Russian people. But it's the Russian people who we have to persuade. We will never persuade the Russian mafia to change. Our gripe is indeed with the leadership, but the roots of change must come from the Russian people.

The article says that even those Russians who have moved to Georgia, (so we can assume they are anti-war), treat Georgia like it is an ex-colony of Russia. Not long after the invasion of Ukraine began, Putin appealed to Ukrainians (to a domestic Russian audience) with 'We are brothers. Lay down your arms'. He evidently saw no issues with invading a sovereign country with a kill list of those in power, while addressing them as brothers for the benefit of the Russian audience. The point here, is not Putin's duplicity, but the fact that he felt the need to present the 'special military operation' as Ukraine's fault to the Russian masses. Around the same time, I heard that Russians view Ukrainians as 'little Russians'.

Any re-engagement and negotiations will have to overcome decades, perhaps centuries, of a misplaced superiority complex, fed by media control and disinformation, which leads to Russians thinking they can invade any country, do whatever they want and take the booty.

Within Russia, there are people who have been born, raised, lived their lives and died, without ever seeing anything approaching a western liberal democracry. How do you turn that around? At the risk of sounding fatalistic, some things in life are insoluble. This may be one of them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
OK take as is, but could be significant!

Mrs, follows a few Urkrainian and Russian sources that have been reliable and one of those is a Russian in Moscow Called Valery Solovey.

She says he doesn't speak that often but everytime he has, he's been totally accurate previously (about stuff in Kremlin) he definitely has contacts at the very top of Kremlin administration, and according to the other half, when he's been pressed of why he himself has not been killed (lives in Moscow) for spilling stuff previously, his answer is, "of course its not impossible for me to be killed, but let's say I have protections at the very very top, so I don't think I will, while not impossible".

My wife thinks (more hunch) it may be Putins right hand man Nikolai Patruschev that protect him, that is speculation.

Anyway he's just published a video in Russian (not sure how well may translate into English but there is subtitles in english with auto translate?)

And in it he says that for 100% the real Putin did die a few days ago, he names the date as Thursday 26th October at time around 8-9pm and his corpse is in a refrigerated morgue at his residence in Valdai.

That one of his doppelgangers is doing photo ops for TV etc and there's a big power struggle going on behind the scenes of who will assume control. Patruschev is pushing his son and has backing of FSB, but other parties also positioning and already a few associated deaths.

That it will take around 2 months until resolved and once transition resolved and public messaging finalised, their population will then be made aware. In meantime denials.

That his mistress Kabeyeva and his 3 kids with her will get safe passage to UAE and others will use transition period to escape.

That most want to end war in Ukraine but they won't without getting something back, like formalised keeping of Crimea (which probably wouldn't be accepted by Ukraine public).

Patruschev is even more an anti West, nato under every bed and around every corner, still living in cold war, than Putin..He wants to expand war, most others want out.

So take it all as the expressed opinion of Valery Solovey, definitely connected, previously right but this time????

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I just cant believe that you can find a body double 100% like the original Putin. If you study him for any length of time, you would surely see some differences. Presumably he doesn't have a twin.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I just cant believe that you can find a body double 100% like the original Putin. If you study him for any length of time, you would surely see some differences. Presumably he doesn't have a twin.
I'm sure that the UK and the US are well aware if there are body doubles for Putin, the " Super Recognisers " are probably viewing all Putins live appearances.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
OK take as is, but could be significant!

Mrs, follows a few Urkrainian and Russian sources that have been reliable and one of those is a Russian in Moscow Called Valery Solovey.

She says he doesn't speak that often but everytime he has, he's been totally accurate previously (about stuff in Kremlin) he definitely has contacts at the very top of Kremlin administration, and according to the other half, when he's been pressed of why he himself has not been killed (lives in Moscow) for spilling stuff previously, his answer is, "of course its not impossible for me to be killed, but let's say I have protections at the very very top, so I don't think I will, while not impossible".

My wife thinks (more hunch) it may be Putins right hand man Nikolai Patruschev that protect him, that is speculation.

Anyway he's just published a video in Russian (not sure how well may translate into English but there is subtitles in english with auto translate?)

And in it he says that for 100% the real Putin did die a few days ago, he names the date as Thursday 26th October at time around 8-9pm and his corpse is in a refrigerated morgue at his residence in Valdai.

That one of his doppelgangers is doing photo ops for TV etc and there's a big power struggle going on behind the scenes of who will assume control. Patruschev is pushing his son and has backing of FSB, but other parties also positioning and already a few associated deaths.

That it will take around 2 months until resolved and once transition resolved and public messaging finalised, their population will then be made aware. In meantime denials.

That his mistress Kabeyeva and his 3 kids with her will get safe passage to UAE and others will use transition period to escape.

That most want to end war in Ukraine but they won't without getting something back, like formalised keeping of Crimea (which probably wouldn't be accepted by Ukraine public).

Patruschev is even more an anti West, nato under every bed and around every corner, still living in cold war, than Putin..He wants to ir war, most others want out.

So take it all as the expressed opinion of Valery Solovey, definitely connected, previously right but this time????

Would be a nice birthday present for me and my family if Putin's dead 🤞. Of course many others should also be eliminated one way or another for what they've done.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There is, I've seen it and even posted on here before. It's in the ear lobes, very different between real and dummy.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Nice as it would be if Evil Dobby is indeed lying in a morgue somewhere, I just think it’s all a bit convenient and something would have got out through someone. Major world leaders don’t die quietly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here