Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
WARNING: The following clip shows a Russian official playing the victim card.

It's only 2 minutes of your time, but the worst and best bit is from 00:20 to 00:36.
The best bit is that Zakharova is complaining about western satellites helping Ukraine pinpoint their targets, thereby inadvertently bemoaning the fact that Russia doesn't have the same capability. (y)

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
To be honest, I'm with cjd on this. You're taking the thread in a direction

away from it's main thrust. Start another thread if you're that bothered. I'm not interested

in your two excahnges on a tangential issue.
Agree with both of you on this. I've not posted on this thread and come for additional info from many educated posts around the alleged special operation.
Can you please keep this thread to the subject item as per others posters politely asking on many other occasions. It really isn't hard and will keep this relevant to what people want to see. We can even start a new thread for you!
I enjoyed the fireworks in Pskov, usually one for keeping then to 05/11, but happy to see an exception if it Russia being lit up.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Ok, we get that some are uncomfortable with Zelensky’s words in a particular speech, noted and accepted, but it’s really important that this thread doesn’t get sidetracked.

If the more general geopolitical chat could either stop or move to its own thread, I for one would really appreciate it.

Edit: and after posting this I realised there was another page to the thread and people had already returned to the main topic without needing any further encouragement. Apologies all.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It's unbelievable mate. An incredible story and just shows what utter determination to defend your homeland can achieve.

The country and the free world owes them an eternal debt

Hollywood execs i'm sure are taking note!
Yes, and Ukraine needs to continue to find creative ways to push back Russia that minimises impact on Ukrainian troop numbers: heroic operations such as this, 'cardboard' drones in their 1000s 👍(and maybe they'll get F16s with trained pilots someday 🤞)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, and Ukraine needs to continue to find creative ways to push back Russia that minimises impact on Ukrainian troop numbers: heroic operations such as this, 'cardboard' drones in their 1000s 👍(and maybe they'll get F16s with trained pilots someday 🤞)
We're being reminded by the fine people of Ukraine that necessity is the mother of invention, or in this case innovation. Contrast with the top down, "if there's people there, shell it", approach whilst constantly high and pissed as exemplified by Russia.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Seems Russian media are reporting more openly... or being allowed to. Surely they're not getting tired of their usual propaganda statements 🤔
I was reading that Russia claim to be producing 5 of those planes a year, which means even if they're telling the truth, (hahahahaha) Ukraine wiped out a year's supply of them. In practice, with sanctions and lots of demands on limited components it's unlikely they can produce 1 a year

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Yeah, I will. Now be a good girl and F**k off from this thread...please, once again.
I keep getting dragged in by political ignoramuses. I won't ignore being told to f*** off , by them.
Come on give it a rest. I posted my opinion and don't need to defend it.
I've had more replies saying I'm derailing the thread than my post.
🇺🇦 🇵🇸

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I keep getting dragged in by political ignoramuses. I won't ignore being told to f*** off , by them.
Come on give it a rest. I posted my opinion and don't need to defend it.
I've had more replies saying I'm derailing the thread than my post.
🇺🇦 🇵🇸
So please just leave this thread if you want to talk about issues other than those indirectly
related to the main thrust of the thread. It's really quite simple.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I haven't looked at Denys Davydov for a while. This update is useful if you have 8mins. First half talks about the attack on Pskov airfield and Ukrainian drone use. The second half he gives a general update of recent activity.

Thx for sharing :)

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I won't do this often, but people will begin to talk about the rainy season and mud in Ukraine. Here is the beautiful 14 day forecast for Bahkmut. Various weather sites say September is typically good with Oct/Nov being the worst. So, can Ukraine get to Tokmak in the next 30 days?

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 9.02.54 AM.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here