Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It gives them a potential out if they want to cancel the May 9th parade altogether. Also gives them excuses regarding further security measures for May 9th. Or an escalation/drumming up nationalist support, but it doesn't seem they need excuses to do that, to me?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

But...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stinks of a false flag. Waiting for a Russian ‘retaliatory’ strike on the Presidential palace in Kyiv.
It may be a false flag, but it's doubtful that it's to use as an excuse to target specific buildings which they could/do target anyway.

In fact I'm baffled as to what realistic attack they'd need a false flag for.

Could be an excuse to cancel the parade, or mobilise more, or officially declare war I suppose.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Indeed. Here is the BBC article:

In the clip, you can see that someone is filming the Kremlin with a hand-held camera (you can see the camera move) at precisely the right time to catch the drone strike and its destruction, if that is what was filmed. Whoever was filming it, was expecting it to happen.

Edit: I've just read the Reuters report:

The following excerpt, if true, suggests it could have been just chance that the camera operator was filming at that moment.

'The video was posted in the early hours of Wednesday on a group for residents of a neighbourhood that faces the Kremlin across the Mosvka River. It was picked up by Russian media, including the Telegram channel of the military news outlet Zvezda.'
Nah, I don't think the filming was chance 😉

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
... this piece of action could well have been Ukrainian (too far for a drone?) or local pro Ukrainian partisans. Whatever, I do like a good fire.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
... this piece of action could well have been Ukrainian (too far for a drone?) or local pro Ukrainian partisans. Whatever, I do like a good fire.

I like Kherson Cat. Posted a video of a couple of Ukrainian troops trying to evict an angry polecat from a trench. Pretty funny.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
footage is so comical, the Russian's FSB got to be embarrassed an several levels.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Because of course, everyone knows that at night Vlad likes nothing better than climbing to the top of the Kremlin and perching on top of the flagpole.

They really do take us all for mugs don’t they?
I don’t think they’re taking us for mugs - but I think they’re taking their own population for mugs, though many (mainly younger) won’t fall for it. As others have already said: a false flag event that will give them an excuse to do anything domestically or in Ukraine under the pretext of protecting the motherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Because of course, everyone knows that at night Vlad likes nothing better than climbing to the top of the Kremlin and perching on top of the flagpole.

They really do take us all for mugs don’t they?
:ROFLMAO:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The illegal war’s been a disaster for Putin, 100,000 Russian casualties in a fruitless battle for Bakhmut alone.

Because of that, he’s now looking to murder Zelensky, who’s been an inspiration to the people and the world (outside of an axis of barbaric countries).

Reverting to his KGB past.
Yes. He will. Obviously the drones were flown all the way from Kiev. For certain, sure. :facepalm:

Sadly, with the American geriatric, Sunak, the tit in charge of France, the nonentity in charge of Germany, and the brinkman in charge of China, Vladimir (steroid-atrophied tiny bollocks) "Put your left foot in, put your right foot in" Putin, can get away with whatever he wants. And the third world, African despots, Iranian mediaevalists and others who hate The West will stand well back....and applaud.

Perhaps with a decent PM, the UK could lobby within the EU and.....

Oh.

We are free now. Free of any traction.

Irrelevant.

Feeling safer, Brexiteers?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes. He will. Obviously the drones were flown all the way from Kiev. For certain, sure. :facepalm:

Sadly, with the American geriatric, Sunak, the tit in charge of France, the nonentity in charge of Germany, and the brinkman in charge of China, Vladimir (steroid-atrophied tiny bollocks) "Put your left foot in, put your right foot in" Putin, can get away with whatever he wants. And the third world, African despots, Iranian mediaevalists and others who hate The West will stand well back....and applaud.

Perhaps with a decent PM, the UK could lobby within the EU and.....

Oh.

We are free now. Free of any traction.

Irrelevant.

Feeling safer, Brexiteers?
You ok there Harry?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There seems to be more activity assigned to 'partisans' within Russia, even if the Russians are blaming Ukraine for them, presumably for the internal audience.

Do you remember last year, Putin allocated an extra 40% to the budget for internal security?
He did that because he was expecting internal unrest.

I'm not saying these activities are organised or co-ordinated, but they are worth keeping an eye on.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
There seems to be more activity assigned to 'partisans' within Russia, even if the Russians are blaming Ukraine for them, presumably for the internal audience.

Do you remember last year, Putin allocated an extra 40% to the budget for internal security?
He did that because he was expecting internal unrest.

I'm not saying these activities are organised or co-ordinated, but they are worth keeping an eye on.
Some are certainly coordinated, others less likely, so a mix I think.
There have been reports of very small groups of Ukrainian saboteurs crossing rural borders into Russia, executing the task (not far into Russia), then straight back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here