Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I mean, most of the original 31% who didn't approve have probably left, and the rest are being more strongly encouraged to approve...
When they held 'elections' in the occupied territories in Ukraine, they went door to door to get votes, but then it didn't matter what people said anyway, they just announced 'Yep, 98% of people want to be Russian' for every city. I'm surprised the approval rating isn't somewhat higher.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think it's far more simple than that, he has just squashed any news agency from reporting the truth.

Most Russian people only get a heavily censored manipulation of what is actually occuring in Ukraine. And if your trusted news channels constantly tell the same lies, it's only natural that eventually you believe them.

But, there is a very interesting liberal YouTube channel, called 1420, that asks Russians Thier views on the current state of the political situation. Some of the responses are far more candid than you might expect. The last guy totally gets it and is happy to express his thoughts on camera, but he is in the minority. Whilst most spout Putin's lies.

I've watched quite a lot of that Chanel. And it amazes me how he has managed not to have been imprisoned. He does phrase his questions quite ambiguously, however. Technicalities don't usually keep people out of jail in Russia. They normally don't even need a good reason to jail or assassinate people

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

There are a few countries here we should stop sending foreign aid to

Agreed.

Also, too many countries abstaining (especially from Africa). South Africa have got very close to the Russians. That’s very worrying seeing that we have a reasonably close relationship. I see Modi is slowly but surely trying to become a dictator in India too, leaning towards Russia makes a lot of sense for him as he orders his heavies to raid BBC offices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here