Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Reports of a Ukrainian counter attack in the last 36 hours pushing South, East of Kherson....Russians in full retreat south to Crimea according to reports.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
While most media eyes are on Donbas better news may soon be coming from Kherson and Melitopol.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just a bounce as I believe this thread needs to be kept on the front page.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sadly people are ‘bored’ in the West now, how are people supposed to stay interested in anything lasting 100 days in this day and age eh? Swipe left.

We are all playing into Putin’s hands by doing so, it’s exactly as he calculated.

Where are the public demonstrations, letters pouring into MPs asking for more to be done etc? Perhaps after Putin’s captured Europe’s bread basket and we can no longer eat? Then the apathy may turn to anger, but by then of course, it will be too late. We are sleep walking into further trouble and everyone’s in denial. After all, new series of Love Island started and that’s far more important than our security.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Sadly people are ‘bored’ in the West now, how are people supposed to stay interested in anything lasting 100 days in this day and age eh? Swipe left.

We are all playing into Putin’s hands by doing so, it’s exactly as he calculated.

Where are the public demonstrations, letters pouring into MPs asking for more to be done etc? Perhaps after Putin’s captured Europe’s bread basket and we can no longer eat? Then the apathy may turn to anger, but by then of course, it will be too late. We are sleep walking into further trouble and everyone’s in denial. After all, new series of Love Island started and that’s far more important than our security.
Slightly unfair IMHO. Plenty about the war anywhere you look in the media. Judging by this thread it is more like NSC is suffering war fatigue. I suppose after this length of time it is not perhaps the front page news, but many of us are still very interested/concerned with what is going on, and there are plenty of resources to go to and find out what's going on besides the mainstream media. I'm sure the vast majority want Ukraine victorious and Putin humbled, and from what I'm reading I think there is a very good chance of that. The war has settled down into a bit of a grind in the Donbas, and there's not maybe much to discuss about that on here. It won't be over anytime soon, that's for sure.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Not boredom, more that nothing has changed to comment on. I'm sure that will change when a section of the Kerch bridge gets sent to the bottom of the ocean etc.

The front lines have not changed too much for a while and there is really little point in giving a commentary on what the crazy hotheads on Russian TV are spouting and threatening every day.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not boredom, more that nothing has changed to comment on. I'm sure that will change when a section of the Kerch bridge gets sent to the bottom of the ocean etc.

The front lines have not changed too much for a while and there is really little point in giving a commentary on what the crazy hotheads on Russian TV are spouting and threatening every day.

Apathy, bored, disinterested…it’s certainly seems no longer no.1 conversation and it really ought to be. Feels very phoney war like, and the government could and should do a lot more but then it’s hard to when the PMs an arse and distracted by constant chaos of his own making. Anyway, there’s battles raging as we type so I understand but don’t agree with your “nothings changed” status quo comment. Thousands are dying, millions are crying and billions are sighing each and every day because of this war. Everything’s changing, constantly!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Prickin is dying slowly any way according to British Intelligence and won't last the summer. Good bye scum and rot in hell.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Prickin is dying slowly any way according to British Intelligence and won't last the summer. Good bye scum and rot in hell.

He will be replaced by someone just like him. Putin might die, but it's Putinism which will need to be defeated

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Not disagreeing but stating that huge areas of the UK are capable of sustaining crops , perhaps we need to stop discarding fruit and veg because it's the wrong size , shape or colour .......also plenty of football , NBA play offs , boxing , UFC , cricket etc on the idiot box to keep the masses stupefied ......strange times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here