Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There's a big, shiny red button just above his finger, sellotaped to the desk.

He's got two buttons then. There's a small one on the table between them on the far side.

What are the chances of him getting them confused?

By the way, has anyone noticed his head seems to be getting larger every day?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why does he need this explaining to him in such great detail? Weird.
Have you managed to watch much of it? I tried a few seconds here and there and it was unbearable.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Reassuringly, he doesn’t have final command on a nuclear strike. I posted the launch protocol here a while back. He carries a brief case with him at all times that has a request button in it. That sends a message to a command centre that gets assessed and then sent to another command level. It is then reassessed. Then sent to silos and/ or submarines. Then a decision is made by the commander of that site. It can be denied at any of these stages and not passed on.

Additionally, the White House makes a phone call every day to the Kremlin to confirm no launches have been requested. It is reported that this phone call is still being made and answered, even throughout this war.

Given that the Kremlin is staffed by murderous liars, this offers limited reassurance. Having said that, it is good to know that Putin does not have the ultimate say in whether a nuclear assault is given the green light.
So he can request it but he can’t order it.

Last edited:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Reassuringly, he doesn’t have final command on a nuclear strike. I posted the launch protocol here a while back. He carries a brief case with him at all times that has a request button in it. That sends a message to a command centre that gets assessed and then sent to another command level. It is then reassessed. Then sent to silos and/ or submarines. Then a decision is made by the commander of that site. It can be denied at any of these stages and not passed on.

Additionally, the White House makes a phone call every day to the Kremlin to confirm no launches have been requested. It is reported that this phone call is still being made and answered, even throughout this war.

Given that the Kremlin is staffed by murderous liars, this offers limited reassurance. Having said that, it is good to know that Putin does not have the ultimate say in whether a nuclear assault is given the green light.
Whilst that all may be true for long range weapons that might be used against the US, the immediate worry is about the use of tactical weapons which don't need submarines or silos.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whilst that all may be true for long range weapons that might be used against the US, the immediate worry is about the use of tactical weapons which don't need submarines or silos.

My understanding is that the protocol is applied to any nuclear assault on any target worldwide. However, that is the protocol for first strike. I would think there is a reduced chain of command for a retaliation strike. And we all know Russia is not adverse to staging false flags to justify “retaliation”.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Putin will have made sure the people in place are not independently minded enough to consider to go against his orders

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Additionally, the White House makes a phone call every day to the Kremlin to confirm no launches have been requested.

For some reason, I quite like the quaintness of this still happening everyday.

images.jpg

"Vlad, you old slag. It's POTUS. How's Lyudmila? She left you yet? (Oh yeah - she has left him. I forgot about that)."

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
For some reason, I quite like the quaintness of this still happening everyday.

View attachment 147356

"Vlad, you old slag. It's POTUS. How's Lyudmila? She left you yet? (Oh yeah - she has left him. I forgot about that)."

:lolol:

“How about when this is all over we get together? Few rounds of golf and compare doctor’s note’s? You mental ****, you! “

“Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! Vlad! Vlad!….. Vlad!”

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
FC-Mariupol-Badge.jpg
I think they should arm the half seagull/half stealth fighter creatures that adorn FC Mariupol's badge

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Hopefully he'll be out of action soon. Let's hope he doesn't take the planet with him.

Putin ‘shakes uncontrollably’ during meeting with Lukashenko in resurfaced footage

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/vladimir-putin-health-shaking-russia-b2066729.html

I think it's now undeniable that vlad is seriously ill and this invasion is him trying to tick off his bucket list while he still has enough marbles. The sick c**t.

There's a few different theories floating about, the most recent I've read was Parkinson's which explains the hand movements and steroid bloat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's now undeniable that vlad is seriously ill and this invasion is him trying to tick off his bucket list while he still has enough marbles. The sick c**t.

There's a few different theories floating about, the most recent I've read was Parkinson's which explains the hand movements and steroid bloat.
If it's Parkinson's, that wouldn't end his life any time soon though would it?

It does make it difficult for him to pull off the strong man image he likes though.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have you managed to watch much of it? I tried a few seconds here and there and it was unbearable.

Nope, came across to me as one moron speaking to another nodding moron. Scary stuff given the power the nodding moron has.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If it's Parkinson's, that wouldn't end his life any time soon though would it?

It does make it difficult for him to pull of the strong man image he likes though.

True.

Hopefully it's an aggressive cancer, although even if that were the case there's bound to be plenty of bond villains queueing up to replace the scumbag.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here