Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope. It didn't happen like that at all.
It happened exactly as I've listed it, with direct quotes.

I did really say it earlier.
I've quoted what you wrote. You're welcome to try and find something I've missed, but you won't.

But so what if I did? Does it really matter?
It doesn't matter, you could just say 'oh yeah, silly me' and laugh it off, but instead you're trying to claim that you're so smart the BBC are copying you.

I used the phrase 'weaponising fossil fuels' as it illustrates the futility of Putin's whole strategy. The article you refer to, which you believe I was quoting from, doesn't even use the words 'weaponise', 'fossil' or 'fuels', for Heaven's sake!
The article said "gas is being used more as a political and economic weapon".
You said "weaponising fossil fuels"
And then the BBC said energy "imports and exports have been broadly “weaponised” "

You then tried to claim they're following your bright ideas. You changed the word 'weapon' to 'weaponising'. That's it.

You can claim originality of saying 'fossil fuels' (impressive you got that from Gas) but Katya Adler's post didn't even say fossil fuels either, so they haven't copied you.

Now, are you prepared to admit your own mistake and move on?
This is your post "Earlier, I said that Putin had weaponised fossil fuels. Here we are, and Katya Adler is saying the same thing"

You're the one rushing to NSC to say look everyone, they're saying the same thing that I already said, so you should listen to me, I'm really smart. But they didn't. You got it wrong. You changed the word weapon to weaponising :lol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] and [MENTION=41643]Eric the meek[/MENTION]

Could you take this elsewhere please, it adds nothing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
......... and in more important news, fighting continues and people are being killed in Ukraine.
Indeed - go ahead and post some news.

Far less important than pages and pages on petty "but you said" petty, personal one-upmanship I'm sure
Sure, let's all make claims that we knew what was going to happen before anyone else, and it's not allowed for anyone to check what we're saying is true.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It happened exactly as I've listed it, with direct quotes.

I've quoted what you wrote. You're welcome to try and find something I've missed, but you won't.

It doesn't matter, you could just say 'oh yeah, silly me' and laugh it off, but instead you're trying to claim that you're so smart the BBC are copying you.

The article said "gas is being used more as a political and economic weapon".
You said "weaponising fossil fuels"
And then the BBC said energy "imports and exports have been broadly “weaponised” "

You then tried to claim they're following your bright ideas. You changed the word 'weapon' to 'weaponising'. That's it.

You can claim originality of saying 'fossil fuels' (impressive you got that from Gas) but Katya Adler's post didn't even say fossil fuels either, so they haven't copied you.

This is your post "Earlier, I said that Putin had weaponised fossil fuels. Here we are, and Katya Adler is saying the same thing"

You're the one rushing to NSC to say look everyone, they're saying the same thing that I already said, so you should listen to me, I'm really smart. But they didn't. You got it wrong. You changed the word weapon to weaponising :lol:

Wow.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
......... and in more important news, fighting continues and people are being killed in Ukraine.

Are you sure about that. Personally I won't believe it until Meek Eric confirms.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61224804

Russia is now adopting a high risk strategy of weaponising fossil fuels, by halting gas supplies to Bulgaria and Poland.

Putin thinks he can just cross out 'euros' and write in 'rubles' where the contracts stipulate how to pay.

It's a masterclass in how to lose trust and trading partners.
And as a consequence there is now no reason for Bulgaria not to send arms to Ukraine...

[Tweet]1519381187030093824[/Tweet]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anyone know what todays numbers are? 100 Russians dead? 500? 1,000 (here’s hoping!)?

Whatever the number, it’s surely never enough is it? But hopefully our brave Ukrainians and friends will have sent many more of these devils to their rightful resting place. Hell!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
And as a consequence there is now no reason for Bulgaria not to send arms to Ukraine...

[Tweet]1519381187030093824[/Tweet]

Good post.

You do have to wonder if Putin has a proper grasp of cause and effect. Take away the excuse to be neutral (gas), and what have you got ?
Another supplier of arms to Ukraine. Only this time, it's a member of the EU and Nato. So you get yet more Nato.

This is big:

'Russia considers all trade to be a weapon - Zelensky'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61224804 20:08

He says cutting off gas supplies to Poland and Bulgaria shows that "no one in Europe can hope to maintain any normal economic cooperation with Russia".
Zelensky adds: "Russia considers not only gas, but any trade as a weapon. It is just waiting for the moment when one or another trade area can be used."

He is right of course. Who in their right minds would trade with Russia now?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good post.

You do have to wonder if Putin has a proper grasp of cause and effect. Take away the excuse to be neutral (gas), and what have you got ?
Another supplier of arms to Ukraine. Only this time, it's a member of the EU and Nato. So you get yet more Nato.

This is big:

'Russia considers all trade to be a weapon - Zelensky'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-61224804 20:08

He says cutting off gas supplies to Poland and Bulgaria shows that "no one in Europe can hope to maintain any normal economic cooperation with Russia".
Zelensky adds: "Russia considers not only gas, but any trade as a weapon. It is just waiting for the moment when one or another trade area can be used."

He is right of course. Who in their right minds would trade with Russia now?
PL football clubs, if there's a player they want?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Hopefully he'll be out of action soon. Let's hope he doesn't take the planet with him.

Putin ‘shakes uncontrollably’ during meeting with Lukashenko in resurfaced footage

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/vladimir-putin-health-shaking-russia-b2066729.html

Here's a video of his meeting with his defence minister, Shoigu. Notice how he is gripping the table with his right hand, throughout the whole 11 minutes of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-CH-v69-yA

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here