Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
exactly, the logic was that one less crew so a a smaller turret and a lower profile. Good idea in tank battles but not so good against powerful antitank weapons and not so good if the autoloader breaks down...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
A the start of the war Belarusian leader Lukashenko was seen as having a role to play in supporting the Russian military however things appear to have gone rather quiet on this front any ideas as to why ? Have his military advisors warned him off ? Is there the political will from Lukashenko?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A the start of the war Belarusian leader Lukashenko was seen as having a role to play in supporting the Russian military however things appear to have gone rather quiet on this front any ideas as to why ? Have his military advisors warned him off ? Is there the political will from Lukashenko?

Would the soldiers obey the orders may be the issue

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A fine of his entire wealth, which goes straight into weapons purchases and the war effort

Don’t think we need that much, a typical war only costs around a billion dollars a day.

Need to leave these oligarchs with a few hundred billion each, surely - the upkeep can be pricey to run 10 personal super yachts, 45 penthouse apartments around the world etc etc.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1514178422037262337[/tweet]

That attempt by Putin to stop NATO expansion going well, then?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought this was a wind up when I saw the headline, apparently not

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...en-seagal-russia-allies-ukraine-b2056884.html

This bit stood out to me :nono:

In a video circulated on Twitter, Seagal, who previously called Putin “one of the greatest world leaders, if not the greatest world leader, alive today”, could be seen calling everyone in the room “my family and my friends”.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The wars of the future will not be fought on the battlefield or at sea. They will be fought in space, or possibly on top of a very tall mountain. In either case, most of the actual fighting will be done by small robots. And as you go forth today remember always your duty is clear: To build and maintain those robots

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here