Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It’s just that you haven’t mentioned the French Government and Renault etc. That omission rather undermines your argument and makes you come across as a little biased.

Oh, that ones easy. I was talking about the initial post I responded to where people were retweeting a Kremlin video of the recent summit where European leaders rudely snubbed Johnson. Seems the Russians over dubbed some comedy music because they know how to push the buttons of the Boris haters. All helps sow division when there are people dying in Ukraine. Sad really.

the French Government abroad? that French Government? what's that got to do with me? :shrug:

your obfuscation does make you come across as a little biased and slightly defensive? ???

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I am perfectly aware that there is a lot of politics in war. What I failed to explain properly is that I meant that a country’s internal politic and division should be kept out of a world crisis. If we allow ourselves and others to deflect attention away from the real cause of concern then we are doing ourselves no favours, and giving no justice to the real victims in this abhorrent war. Europe especially needs to put forward a united front and not allow any wriggle room for Putin and his cronies.

so it's imperative that we know who putin's cronies are then, British Intelligence describe Russian interference with British politics as "commonplace"........... makes you think, doesn't it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
so it's imperative that we know who putin's cronies are then, British Intelligence describe Russian interference with British politics as "commonplace"........... makes you think, doesn't it?

It's in plain sight, they don't try to hide things.

" The wife of a former close ally to Russian President Vladimir Putin has paid £90,000 for a game of tennis with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson. Lubov Chernukhin, who is the wife of the former Russian Finance Minister Vladimir Chernukhin, was the winning bidder in a fundraising auction held by Johnson's Conservative party."

As I think I wrote elsewhere on here, for that sort of money you could have played tennis with Roger Federer or Rapha Nadal... why would anyone want to play bungle**** at tennis ?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

" The wife of a former close ally to Russian President Vladimir Putin has paid £90,000 for a game of tennis with UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson. Lubov Chernukhin, who is the wife of the former Russian Finance Minister Vladimir Chernukhin, was the winning bidder in a fundraising auction held by Johnson's Conservative party."

As I think I wrote elsewhere on here, for that sort of money you could have played tennis with Roger Federer or Rapha Nadal... why would anyone want to play bungle**** at tennis ?

indeed, but it's all the stuff we don't know about that gives me the heebee geebees! the fear of the unknown!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
indeed, but it's all the stuff we don't know about that gives me the heebee geebees! the fear of the unknown!

No need for the heebee geebees. It's all contained in the Russia report, currently sitting on Boris's desk, which he is itching to broadcast. He's a coiled spring. Only a matter of time.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No need for the heebee geebees. It's all contained in the Russia report, currently sitting on Boris's desk, which he is itching to broadcast. He's a coiled spring. Only a matter of time.

indeed, it's almost as if he's got something to hide...............

like he feels ashamed of himself?

no, it can't be, he's a patriot, with a flag and everything

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

How can you find scandal in a f**king charity auction!?! :mad: :facepalm:

As I said to thunderbolt, people will see whatever they want to see.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How can you find scandal in a f**king charity auction!?! :mad: :facepalm:

As I said to thunderbolt, people will see whatever they want to see.

" There's none so blind as those that don't want to see "...... BTW, when did the Tory party register itself as a charity ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We’ve got a near 200-page thread on the Tories going down the shitter already, can we keep this thread to more direct conflict-related stuff ?

NP, I'm pretty sure my last post has stopped that diversion dead already.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This could be pretty significant in the wider scheme of things. The hacktivists Anonymous who declared open war on Putin, have hacked a couple of oil companies, the state media regulator and a couple of days ago, said within 48 hours they were going to release one their most significant hacks ever.

Turns out its the Russian central Bank!

What sort of dodgy dealing and contracts may that throw up?

Video on second facebook link, openly trolling Putin with what they've hacked.......... takes popcorn.

[tweet]1507733860515254279[/tweet]

https://www.facebook.com/activatica.org/videos/742152430272020/

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Powerful stuff from President Biden

" "My message to the people of Ukraine... we stand with you, period," President Biden says during his speech in Warsaw, a line greeted by cheers.

"Today's fighting in Kyiv, Mariupol and Kharkiv are the latest battles in a long struggle," he says.

"Hungary in 1956, Poland in 1956 and then again in 1981, Czechoslovakia in 1968 - Soviet tanks crushed democratic uprisings but the resistance continued until finally in 1989, the Berlin Wall and all the walls of Soviet domination, they fell and the people prevailed.

"The battle for democracy could not conclude and did not conclude with the end of the Cold War.

"Over the last 30 years the forces of autocracy have revived all across the globe. Its hallmarks are familiar ones. Contempt for the rule of law, contempt for democratic freedom, contempt for the truth itself.

"Today, Russia has strangled democracy and has sought to do so elsewhere."

Biden says it is obscene that Vladimir Putin has lied by saying he is trying to de-Nazify Ukraine.

Next, Joe Biden addresses the Russian people, saying he's worked with Russian leaders for decades, since the height of the Cold War.

"I've always spoken directly and honestly to you the Russian people," he says.

"Let me say this, if you're able to listen. You the Russian people are not our enemy.

"I refuse to believe you welcome the killing of innocent children and grandparents.

"Or that you accept hospitals, schools, maternity wards for God's sake, being pummelled with Russian missiles and bombs.

"Or cities being surrounded so that civilians cannot flee, supplies cut off and attempting to starve Ukrainians into submission.

"Millions of families are being driven from their homes, including half of all Ukraine's children.

"These are not the actions of a great nation."

He closes his speech with a reference to Vladimir Putin - "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah, once it's all over we can go back to getting ****ed over by our dear leaders.
Unlike the citizens of Russia, you will have the chance to vote for a different leader in a couple of years time. Assuming, of course, that it is all over - and that at the moment, to most of us is more important than finding new ways (and they do exist) to pour scorn and derision on Boris and his chums.

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Powerful stuff from President Biden

" "My message to the people of Ukraine... we stand with you, period," President Biden says during his speech in Warsaw, a line greeted by cheers.

"Today's fighting in Kyiv, Mariupol and Kharkiv are the latest battles in a long struggle," he says.

"Hungary in 1956, Poland in 1956 and then again in 1981, Czechoslovakia in 1968 - Soviet tanks crushed democratic uprisings but the resistance continued until finally in 1989, the Berlin Wall and all the walls of Soviet domination, they fell and the people prevailed.

"The battle for democracy could not conclude and did not conclude with the end of the Cold War.

"Over the last 30 years the forces of autocracy have revived all across the globe. Its hallmarks are familiar ones. Contempt for the rule of law, contempt for democratic freedom, contempt for the truth itself.

"Today, Russia has strangled democracy and has sought to do so elsewhere."

Biden says it is obscene that Vladimir Putin has lied by saying he is trying to de-Nazify Ukraine.

Next, Joe Biden addresses the Russian people, saying he's worked with Russian leaders for decades, since the height of the Cold War.

"I've always spoken directly and honestly to you the Russian people," he says.

"Let me say this, if you're able to listen. You the Russian people are not our enemy.

"I refuse to believe you welcome the killing of innocent children and grandparents.

"Or that you accept hospitals, schools, maternity wards for God's sake, being pummelled with Russian missiles and bombs.

"Or cities being surrounded so that civilians cannot flee, supplies cut off and attempting to starve Ukrainians into submission.

"Millions of families are being driven from their homes, including half of all Ukraine's children.

"These are not the actions of a great nation."

He closes his speech with a reference to Vladimir Putin - "For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power."

You're right.

That's a hugely powerful speech, directed at the whole world, but especially the Russian people, and in particular - in particular - those in the Kremlin.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're right.

That's a hugely powerful speech, directed at the whole world, but especially the Russian people, and in particular - in particular - those in the Kremlin.

Yes, pretty much what the mood is on here, the Russian people are not the enemy, just the one man at the top. Ordinary Russians would be horrified by what is happening if they genuinely knew the truth. It unites those that care, does not brand all Russians as the enemy, but, calls for decency and understanding while highlighting the only way out is regime change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here