Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The Kremlin is trolling Johnson, not content with stirring it up against JK Rowling.

[tweet]1507634534833168385[/tweet]

I’m not sure why you would be broadcasting Russian propaganda TB, although you did rightly compare it to the crude defamation attempt on JK Rowling. The person who retweeted it should take a look at themselves. The video is another’s sign of Russian desperation with the united Western response.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m not sure why you would be broadcasting Russian propaganda TB, although you did rightly compare it to the crude defamation attempt on JK Rowling. The person who retweeted it should take a look at themselves. The video is another’s sign of Russian desperation with the united Western response.

It gives a lie to the Daily Mail front page yesterday, but that isn't surprising. Know your enemy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And Sunak can tell his family in India what do? Of course he can’t. Do not politicise this thread.

Of course he can’t but it’s critical to democracy that British people know that Sunak is in an awkward situation. I sit in various meetings and am asked if I have a conflict of interest. I hope Sunak would excuse himself from any decision making that may affect his family (negatively or positively).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, but not all politics. It is a thread about the Russian invasion of Ukraine not a vehicle for rehashing old arguments on an agenda fueled by the Kremlin.

Do you think the Allies didn't discuss Lord Haw Haw or Goebbels in the war? That's why I said know your enemy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course he can’t but it’s critical to democracy that British people know that Sunak is in an awkward situation. I sit in various meetings and am asked if I have a conflict of interest. I hope Sunak would excuse himself from any decision making that may affect his family (negatively or positively).

so that would cover IT service contracts, lets raise it when that occurs. this is nothing but bringing in partisan politics when we're supposed to have some sense of unity. how trivial is signing a vistors book in India in 2004? we dont know details of commercial and contractual arrangment with companies in Russia, they often operate arms length due to Russian law (indirect experience of this). Putin wasn't person non-grata until a month ago, and there's nations are still importing the majority of their energy from Russia, bit more significant conflict of interest dont we think?. its just silly to bring it up Sunak's family links in larger context.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yes, but not all politics. It is a thread about the Russian invasion of Ukraine not a vehicle for rehashing old arguments on an agenda fueled by the Kremlin.

the kremlin is highlighting the relationship between putin and the chancellor's father in law in india?

nope, you've lost me

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I saw a different headline when I googled. Look, I don’t really care. I don’t read the Daily Mail or look at the Kremlin Twitter account. The sun is shining and we are all on the same side against the one actual enemy which is Russia.

and the companies that facilitate the war machine.

as TB said, you've got to know your enemy, the FSB may have infiltrated the British government at the highest levels

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here