Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
We can see what is happening, but we don't know why, or who exactly is doing it. Are you suggesting all those people being whipped on the arse are Gay, and everyone doing the whipping is a Nazi? If not, how are you identifying which of the people are Nazis?

Not at all. Just saying that Ukraine has a long and sordid history of Nazism.

Again, I'm no Putin fanboy, far from it and agree that he should be done (along with Bush and Blair) for war crimes. Just saying there's a lot wrong with Ukraine prior to the Russian invasion.

I've got Ukrainian, Polish and Hungarian friends and have followed the political situation over three for years. Media views on Ukraine prior to the Russian invasion paints a grim picture.

20220319_133325.jpg

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Lol. Did you look at the thread? Women and children being shrink wrapped to lamp posts and whipped. Some women stripped and whipped. Kids being whipped next to their parents.

Russian PR? LOL.

Ukraine is a hotbed of Nazism. They have a history of violence against minorities including LGBTQ. They're far from lilly white.

But none of it justifies Putin's actions. The bloke is a psycho.

It's what actually helps increase its (Nazism) numbers in those nations.

Their history with communism means they end up going to the extreme right because that is where the most violent hatred of anti-communist sentiment exists.

There's fighters arriving from South America such is some of their hatred of communism.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Again, I'm no Putin fanboy, far from it and agree that he should be done (along with Bush and Blair) for war crimes. Just saying there's a lot wrong with Ukraine prior to the Russian invasion.

I've got Ukrainian, Polish and Hungarian friends and have followed the political situation over three for years. Media views on Ukraine prior to the Russian invasion paints a grim picture.

View attachment 146220

And yet the democratically elected President of the Ukraine is a Jew. That tells you something more relevant to the majority of people which is what this is all about.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

every east european country has a similar problem with neo-nazi groups. it doesnt make the nation nazi or nazi sympathetic, just as a few football thugs doesn't make the whole club or nation a group of thugs. its up to the local authorities to deal with, not a neighbouring country invade as you seem to be advocating by bring this up.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Out of interest, what were are the exact war crimes you’d like to see Bush and Blair prosecuted on?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

What is bothering me, is most, if not all your posts on this thread, parrot the Kremlin narrative. These groups are part of the excuse Putin is using to invade Ukraine, we know they exist, just like I am sure some Jews in 1930's Germany were criminals. I would not be highlighting that at a time when Nazis were rounding up Jews and slaughtering them. Do you see where I am coming from? It seems like you are justifying Putins invasion. The montage you had to hand of newspaper stories on Ukrainian Nazis is bothersome, it's been put together for a purpose, and you are serving that purpose by sharing it. Where did you get it from?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
What is bothering me, is most, if not all your posts on this thread, parrot the Kremlin narrative. These groups are part of the excuse Putin is using to invade Ukraine, we know they exist, just like I am sure some Jews in 1930's Germany were criminals. I would not be highlighting that at a time when Nazis were rounding up Jews and slaughtering them. Do you see where I am coming from? It seems like you are justifying Putins invasion. The montage you had to hand of newspaper stories on Ukrainian Nazis is bothersome, it's been put together for a purpose, and you are serving that purpose by sharing it. Where did you get it from?

This 100%.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Yes very well said.

The bloke is sharing Kremlin propaganda.

Of course there are racists in every country, not least here

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Out of interest, what were are the exact war crimes you’d like to see Bush and Blair prosecuted on?

The initial 'shock and awe' phase of the Iraq invasion killed 7,000 civilians (and and many many more subsequently). It was designed to minimise US and UK casualties at the expense of innocent Iraqi civilians.

War is sh*t. When you start a war, terrible things happen. When you are the agressor, you really need to be ready to justfy yourself. And if you can't, to face the consequences. That must be true for Putin as for others.

The Iraq war was not sanctioned by the UN.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/opendemocracyuk/was-britains-military-action-in-iraq-legal/

I'd say there are very good grounds for at least asking whether war crimes were committed.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

View attachment 146220

Putin fan boy in spades.

You are aware that we have Nazi’s in the UK? There not very bright but we do have them. Why don’t you have a word with your mate Putin and he might want to invade and save us.

Lithuania and Latvia to name a few also have a nasty undercurrent of Far right groups ….. are you advocating putin also saves them by invading.

Putin a man whose has I) effectively taken out any opposition in Russia, 2) taken out opposition to his rule abroad by murdering anyone who disagrees with him, 3) rig elections, 4) trying to generate a personality cult based around him, 5) use of camps to hold political prisoners without trial where many die.

Sounds like a nazi to me …..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Putin fan boy in spades.

You are aware that we have Nazi’s in the UK? There not very bright but we do have them. Why don’t you have a word with your mate Putin and he might want to invade and save us.

Lithuania and Latvia to name a few also have a nasty undercurrent of Far right groups ….. are you advocating putin also saves them by invading.

Putin a man whose has I) effectively taken out any opposition in Russia, 2) taken out opposition to his rule abroad by murdering anyone who disagrees with him, 3) rig elections, 4) trying to generate a personality cult based around him, 5) use of camps to hold political prisoners without trial where many die.

Sounds like a nazi to me …..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Didn't Putin have close links with that group of nationalist right wing biker boys a few years back ?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

View attachment 146220

You may or may not be a Putin fanboy, but you're falling for his propaganda.

You could paint a similar picture of the UK or the US if you wished.

Also, just saw this when looking:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51236915

Which I thought was interesting.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

View attachment 146220

Every country has a minority of nutjobs.

Every football messageboard too.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I always find it strange how non-Russians can fall for Putin's propaganda.

You can kind of understand it from the older generation of Russians, away from the big cities, who have been fed a diet of state controlled TV their whole lives, and have never experienced western consumerism, prosperity, or democratic stuff like real, free elections.

But here we have someone who lives in the west, and who has the freedom to read any news outlets he chooses.

He shares a montage (the existence of which he was obviously aware), of western news items (from the US, UK, Canada etc), dated February 2022, and which attempts to trash western media's coverage of that nazism after Feb. 2022, when we are only three weeks into March?

These propagandists are getting their disinformation in early !

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Didn't Putin have close links with that group of nationalist right wing biker boys a few years back ?

The Kremlin backs a number of far right and populist political parties across Europe. Division of the EU seems to be the main aim, by giving these parties a louder voice, they influence main stream politics.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/48600543.pdf

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Excellent thread. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the author's thread indexing his work :

[Tweet]1498377757536968711[/Tweet]

I haven't read them all yet but will do at some point.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lol. Did you look at the thread? Women and children being shrink wrapped to lamp posts and whipped. Some women stripped and whipped. Kids being whipped next to their parents.

Russian PR? LOL.

Ukraine is a hotbed of Nazism. They have a history of violence against minorities including LGBTQ. They're far from lilly white.

But none of it justifies Putin's actions. The bloke is a psycho.

Hotbed ?

Citation required to verifiable evidence for your fanciful claim and Putin talking point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here