Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Russell Martin, De Zerbi's eventual successor?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
He says they have one way of playing and stick to it what ever happens, have no plan b and Martin completely refused to play pragmatically at any time, meaning they lose games that they should be winning because he won’t adapt and adjust.

He'll fit right in then!

Joking aside, I'm not convinced about him yet. Not like they walked the championship and they were in a good place to potentially do so considering they just went down. Conceded a lot of goals too.

Personally I'd like to see someone come in who plays good football but who is happy to adapt a little more where needed (I don't mean 11 men behind the ball v the top boys) and who cares a little more about conceding.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Ambitious how though? We aren’t going to attract a top name, and even if we did it would be one on a low ebb in their career that no bigger club wants. Surely it would be more ambitious to get an in-demand up and comer?
saints just look very average. as did swansea. possession above all else, and a fairly talented squad who haven’t obtained the result they should have. put it this way, can i see a russell martin team come close to breaking down a low block away at somewhere like west ham, or everton? absolutely not. i’m not under the delusion that we’re going to attract a top name, but i also want a manager who’s really shown they can get their team playing fluid, exciting football consistently , even if at a lesser level. that isn’t martin.

palace have just hired a manager who’s won the europa league. that’s the ball park we should be at least aiming for. if all else fails and we have to go to martin then so be it. but we should look elsewhere first

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here