Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronaldinho

jimmy hill's chin

Jul 5, 2003
Ronaldinho has decided he wants to leave Paris St Germain and join Manchester United, and is now waiting for the two clubs to agree a deal.
The Brazilian has told his brother Roberto Assis, who acts as his agent, that he has made up his mind.

Although the deal is not yet complete, it is the first indication from the 23-year-old that he has his heart set on a move to Old Trafford.

"Ronaldinho wants to go to Manchester United," said Assis.

"Now it is just a question of waiting for the deal to be completed. PSG have an offer from Manchester United and we are waiting for a reply.

"I have to talk with the PSG president Francis Graille because Ronaldinho wants the situation concluded.

"We are working towards that and now it is just a question of timing."

Real Madrid were linked with the player but have decided not to make a bid, while Barcelona and Chelsea are the other clubs believed to be chasing him.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
sky sports news said only barcelona+chelsea have made written bids for him, so:salute: united

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really hope he doesn't sign for United, his ability to run with the ball allied to United's strengths will make it a one horse race again.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well Real Madrid said the other day that they were "no longer interested in Ronaldinho". That usually means they are about to sign him.

How I would laugh if Manyoo miss out on him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I kind of hope Man Utd pull out of the deal and leave him with neither Real or United interested.

Utd expressed their interest first, and I didn't like the way Ronaldinho blatently turned them down just in case Real were interested. Now all of a sudden it's the hypocritical bullshit that invariably makes itself heard: "the player would love to join Man United", "he's in love with the city and the fans", "Ronaldinho has only ever wanted to come to Old Trafford"

Oh just f*** off you greasy, goofy, little turd.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Ronaldinho has struggled to make an impact at PSG, I don't know if he would be able to cope in the Premiership. In my view he is over-rated, and only famous in Britain because of that fluke World Cup goal against Seaman.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
perth seagull said:
Ronaldinho has struggled to make an impact at PSG, I don't know if he would be able to cope in the Premiership. In my view he is over-rated, and only famous in Britain because of that fluke World Cup goal against Seaman.

What about his contribution to the first Brazil goal, that was pretty special too. (it was him that ran through half the England team wasn't it?)

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
"Apparently" according to the Daily Mail the deal has been done, Ronaldinho to Man Utd for £20m and £35,000 a week wages. Just awaiting a medical today. Apparently.

It was also claimed that Chelsea had offered Ronaldinho wages of £100,000....

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here