Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I think Potter has been wishing and a hoping and a thinking and a praying that TB thinks he has learned his lesson. Potter is so ensconced in Hove that I think he will stay there until he gets a recall. We could do worse and at least we get our Bruno back.
I think that’s what’s been at the back of my mind. Not sure I’d want that, but it does seem feasible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think Oscar did a good job with a mediocre team - for which I don’t blame Bloom, but rather applaud his ambition in trying new things which didn’t pan out (Colunga, Rodriguez) and saw no signs of flakiness that you describe.
Left after one season, has had an absolute ton of jobs since and not done well in any of them.

Often delegated training - this from one of his players - and couldn’t be reached on the phone on deadline day.

Overachieved with that squad to be fair, but we were never going up and after falling out with two coaches over transfer policy we appointed yes man Hyypia. That went well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think Oscar did a good job with a mediocre team - for which I don’t blame Bloom, but rather applaud his ambition in trying new things which didn’t pan out (Colunga, Rodriguez) and saw no signs of flakiness that you describe.

Didn’t he have a decent squad with Upson, Dunk, Ulloa, Lopez, Orlandi, Bruno, Crofts, Stephens, Lingard?

Hyppia got the raw deal.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Yes… it’s clearly been an abrupt ‘mutual’ decision, but bizarrely everyone has agreed to get on tomorrow ? … kind of like a wedding with lots of simmering underlying tension to add to the gravitas of the occasion…

Something doesn’t add up?

The level of the performance on the pitch tomorrow will be interesting… :/ 🤨

Hmmmmmmm

But like I say, as a club and fan base we move on… the truth will probably emerge, it usually does.
I hope the truth does emerge but I don't think it will as it still hasn't regarding Poyet's departure.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Colunga!

I remember being inordinately excited by that signing.

I'm an idiot.

Spartakashington

Feb 29, 2024
I think Potter has been wishing and a hoping and a thinking and a praying that TB thinks he has learned his lesson. Potter is so ensconced in Hove that I think he will stay there until he gets a recall. We could do worse and at least we get our Bruno back.
Potter is not coming back.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Disagree. It’s got all the hallmarks of him being asked to leave.

The blame is equal between both parties.
Nope. It’s Roberto who was not willing to accept how we run ourselves so he’s out. Good luck to him finding the perfect club where he gets everything he wants

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It'd be like putting on dirty underpants in an extremity, although one knew full well that they had some rather nasty skids in them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nope. It’s Roberto who was not willing to accept how we run ourselves so he’s out. Good luck to him finding the perfect club where he gets everything he wants
If “how we’re run” is going into a European campaign with a weak midfield and no full back cover, save a geriatric, you can hardly lay 100% blame on RDZ.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I have reservations about McKenna. If we poach him now, then can't help feeling we'd get what we deserved if he proved not to be up to it in the Premier League. No better than Chelsea taking Potter. When we brought in GPot, he'd only really shown some potential.
Had he? Didn't Swansea finish 11th in his only season there?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Left after one season, has had an absolute ton of jobs since and not done well in any of them.

Often delegated training - this from one of his players - and couldn’t be reached on the phone on deadline day.

Overachieved with that squad to be fair, but we were never going up and after falling out with two coaches over transfer policy we appointed yes man Hyypia. That went well.
That's not right though, he did well at RB Salzburg. I always liked him tbf,

Anyway, back to wailing and teeth grinding.

Pliny the Gull

Mar 4, 2024
72 days since Roma away. How things can go so disappointly so quickly ?
If I could choose a game to play and set up differently again, it would be that one.
Also let's not forget the injuries.

But thank you RDZ for giving us that opportunity. And 2 great seasons.

Spartakashington

Feb 29, 2024
I think this is all fine . The whole transaction has been mutually beneficial. RDZ has got a stepping stone to Munich (and let’s face it that is an irresistible opportunity) , and we have had some wonderful experiences. Glory is not to be sniffed at in football and we have at least loitered in the margins with RDZ . I think we can go on from here .

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
For the team it must've felt like going from a partner who was happy with sex once a month to someone who wanted it twice a day & at some point it gets tiring (allegedly). We now need someone in between. 🤷‍♀️
Maybe we should include this question in the interviews.
I would suggest a limit of 2.5 sexes a week tops. If any candidates mention reverse cowboys or doggies they should be shown the door.

That argument about the players doesn't really stack up though when you consider Welbeck and Milner have just signed extensions. Anyone seeing Lallana play this season could see he's no longer up to playing in the PL and added to his reasons of wanting to be with his young family are not dubious at all. I agree that RDZs been gone for months though, I think he hoped to force a move but found his tactics useless against Bloom.
The quote after the defeat at Bournemouth about players not being motivated was a stinging 1 and Bloom would of been furious at that. Simon Jordan called it out and said Roberto should keep his mouth shut. Words like "we're not Real Madrid but as Simon said" you weren't playing Real Madrid, you were playing Bournemouth who were very motivated".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here