Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Like they did when Hughton left, or Potter?

We should get them signed up on contracts to tie them in to the club...... Oh.

Nah, it's part of the Footballers Life. Managers come and go. Players come and go. Fans, TB and PBOBE are forever (relatively speaking).
If you want a picture of the future, imagine PBOBE writing emails to fan's asinine queries-forever.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Massively unexpected, especially seeing as he’d put down such strong roots here by living in a serviced rental apartment for 2 years.
To be fair, that's not all that unusual is it?

I remember a bunch of stories around the time Rogers became Leicester manager and they played Liverpool for the first time, that Klopp was still living in a house that Rogers owned.

Whether he'd taken Rogers' portrait down from the living room was never confirmed one way or the other as far as I recall.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As @Weststander has pointed out, a lack of players in their prime years. Plenty of youngsters, plenty of players the wrong side of 30.

To say it’s stronger than we started last season is laughable nonsense.
Exactly

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bed wetting: the thread. Middle aged men on here losing their minds because our head coach is gone, just as when Potter left.

Our star man is Tony Bloom. He has got 99% of his calls right, because he’s a very clever man who surrounds himself with experts at the top of their fields.

Hughton goes - we upgrade to Potter. Potter goes (against our wishes), we upgrade to RDZ and now little Brighton are winning their Europa League group, going on to beat Marseilles, Ajax, AEK and Roma. BRIGHTON.

All of this despite balancing the books and offsetting some of Uncle Tony’s half a BILLION quid of personal, tax-free investment to get us there.

Sad RDZ has gone, as a superb coach, but inevitable as RDZ said himself, his methods tend to mean he doesn’t stay places a long time. We’ve seen why, perhaps.

Finally. Get a f***ing grip. Enjoy the journey (if you haven’t enjoyed it so far in the last few seasons, nothing will ever please you, so go and support someone else).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I’ll read the whole thread later, but my gut feeling is f**k off Roberto if we aren’t good enough for you then go. I am sickened by this but I’m glad the club have not allowed themselves to be messed around all summer by someone unwilling to commit to us. He knew what this job was when he took it and he can’t stick it out. Good luck at the next job maybe they’ll hand everything you want on a plate to make it easier for you.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
RDZ gone - the reality is that we are a mid-table Club (and will have to fight hard to sustain even that) and don’t have the finances to be much more - anyone (coach or players) who wants more will be off 😕

Numerous Coaching staff and I suspect a few ’important players’ will leave too - if we don’t have a successful transfer window, we could be even worse off by September.

Does this mean that you will be back in a new guise next year Swanny?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thank you for an exciting couple of years. He did a good job in taking over a very good team and building on the foundations that Potter had built. It's rather fallen apart the last few weeks though.

As an aside, McKenn.a - why would he come here? He's just got Ipswich promoted to the PL, his club, his players, and his stock sky-high around Portman Road. I realise we've been in the PL a few years now, but historically Ipswich are at least as big a club as we are

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bed wetting: the thread. Middle aged men on here losing their minds because our head coach is gone, just as when Potter left.

Our star man is Tony Bloom. He has got 99% of his calls right, because he’s a very clever man who surrounds himself with experts at the top of their fields.

Hughton goes - we upgrade to Potter. Potter goes (against our wishes), we upgrade to RDZ and now little Brighton are winning their Europa League group, going on to beat Marseilles, Ajax, AEK and Roma. BRIGHTON.

All of this despite balancing the books and offsetting some of Uncle Tony’s half a BILLION
99% is such a stretch.

Poyet went and we got in the lazy, flaky Oscar and then Hyypia while stuffing the side full of cheap loans. It set us back two years in the biggest money pit league in the world. Bloom would be a lot richer if he hadn’t made those cock ups.

And now we seem to think everything we do is perfect. We don’t need a FAB. We don’t need a regulator, we don’t need a difficult but ambitious coach.

PBOBE is in danger of drinking his own koolaid.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As @Weststander has pointed out, a lack of players in their prime years. Plenty of youngsters, plenty of players the wrong side of 30.has weakened the quad

To say it’s stronger than we started last season is laughable nonsense.

We've added Barco, not renewed Lallana and all the youngster's have a years more experience in the PL . You think that has weakened the squad since the beginning of last season :shrug:

But you actually said was 'the squad is at a crossroads' despite the fact it's only one player different from last season (and I would argue, an improvement). So what players make you think that ?

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
99% is such a stretch.

Poyet went and we got in the lazy, flaky Oscar and then Hyypia while stuffing the side full of cheap loans. It set us back two years in the biggest money pit league in the world. Bloom would be a lot richer if he hadn’t made those cock ups.

And now we seem to think everything we do is perfect. We don’t need a FAB. We don’t need a regulator, we don’t need a difficult but ambitious coach.

PBOBE is in danger of drinking his own koolaid.
If you are blaming PBOBE for this you are wrong. This RDZ throwing his toys out of the pram and it is a a bad look for someone who’s job is it to coach players up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thank you for an exciting couple of years. He did a good job in taking over a very good team and building on the foundations that Potter had built. It's rather fallen apart the last few weeks though.

As an aside, McKenn.a - why would he come here? He's just got Ipswich promoted to the PL, his club, his players, and his stock sky-high around Portman Road. I realise we've been in the PL a few years now, but historically Ipswich are at least as big a club as we are
Yep, I for one cannot understand that particular rumour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here