Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
My thoughts:

Nowhere near as gutted as I was when Potter left as it’s felt like this has been on the cards for months

Despite mutual agreement line this was a Bloom decision. Hes has acted decisively so we have the best chance of having a good preseason.

Shame it’s over so soon but better now than mid summer or worse mid season.

Not sure. IMO the epitome of mutual. He may have wanted X wages and X transfer funds for next season.

At Bayern he can have that. At Brighton he can’t. Pleased bloom didn’t budge. In all honesty Idc if we go down. I do care if we end up broke and a joke like Everton, Leeds (ucl semi to relegation) etc etc.

Rule of thumb for clubs like us, budget to go down and over achieve.

#inbloomwetrust

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
The second he started to believe his own press, this was inevitable. People will always look at RDZ with rose tinted glasses. But the truth is he inherited a great team, he was very lucky in that respect. The keeper switching, The naive approach to Roma away, Letting Undav leave, the horrific injuries, Public slatting of Bloom, Ferguson shadow of last season and pretty much piss poor form certainly since Xmas.....Although his style was a breath of fresh air and certainly the best football, i've ever seen in my 45+ years of following the Albion. I think he is a bit of a one trick pony and however good that trick maybe. It's only a matter of time before, its stops working and it has to a certain extent.
He inherited a great team that then lost Mwepu, Trossard, Colwill, Mac Allister and Caicedo.

Out of those only Trossard (Adingra) and Colwill (Van Hecke developing) have been adequately replaced, leaving us with a massive hole in midfield.

Roma away we had enough chances to have about 3 goals, but their keeper made great saves.

Undav left for personal reasons, not because we didn't want him.

Ferguson started the season well but has been playing injured since around Newcastle and rumoured to have had glandular fever which impacts players for months.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
I think that De Zerbi leaving is very bad news and I suspect the vast majority of our decent players will be following him out of the door. I hope I'm wrong but only time will tell.
You might be right and you could be wrong. Speculation. That way madness lies..... Now is all there is.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
So Bayern was a no a few weeks ago, around the time RDZ tried to sound a bit more positive.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think that De Zerbi leaving is very bad news and I suspect the vast majority of our decent players will be following him out of the door. I hope I'm wrong but only time will tell.

Based on his demanding nature, obsessive need and our injury record I wouldn’t be so sure…

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The last 3 people I have got rid of at work, all left by ‘mutual consent’. Each had a six month pay off. Polite term for we want you to go but you resign and take a small pay off.
Totally agree, I read the post as compensation from somewhere else.

I think we were very lucky to get RDZ as a manager. He only came to us due to unique circumstances and was never going to be long term given club philosophy on developing young players.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Naylor's dug himself a hole there. God knows why he replied !
The Athletic have deleted that article from the BHA feed

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He inherited a great team that then lost Mwepu, Trossard, Colwill, Mac Allister and Caicedo.

Out of those only Trossard (Adingra) and Colwill (Van Hecke developing) have been adequately replaced, leaving us with a massive hole in midfield.

Roma away we had enough chances to have about 3 goals, but their keeper made great saves.

Undav left for personal reasons, not because we didn't want him.

Ferguson started the season well but has been playing injured since around Newcastle and rumoured to have had glandular fever which impacts players for months.

He wanted Dahood and got his man (was even the poster boy on walk up, which suggests he was suppose to be special), and the amount of injuries has got to be something to do with the training methods.

Roma away, was totally naive on his part. The most important thing about going away is Europe, is to keep yourself in the game and keep it tight. Always keep yourself in the tie. We have conceded so many stupid goals this season, by pissing around at the back. And the switching keepers was just a disaster in terms of the defence having any confidence.

Undav left because he was told he was going to be a bench warmer. Despite having the best goals per mins played ratio in the squad. Funny how last few mths, RDZ has been seen to be blowing sunshine up his arse, to detract from the fact, it was him who didn't fancy him in the first place.

Ferguson, Dunk, Pervis and a few others have all had poor seasons. Probably due to lack of confidence.

neutron

Sep 5, 2023
Sorry to say, but feels like the beginning of the end, like when we sacked Laudrup.

Hope I'm wrong. You need to get someone to continue your current style.. someone like Russel Martin, Graham Potter... Knutsen, Pimienta

When the Swans sacked Laudrup wasn't there a whole pile of sh*t going on re Huw Jenkins and the yanks, though? This feels different to me because of the continuity that Tony Bloom brings. I hope so, anyway.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Like they did when Hughton left, or Potter?

We should get them signed up on contracts to tie them in to the club...... Oh.

Nah, it's part of the Footballers Life. Managers come and go. Players come and go. Fans, TB and PBOBE are forever (relatively speaking).

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Screenshot_20240518-191239~2.png

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I always understood that “leaving by mutual consent” meant he was sacked, just put in a more polite way. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here