• Dan Harding

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Matt Richards

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Been having a debate with some Ipswich fans about who is better.

So thought id bring the topic on here aswell, if we could have either Harding or Richards at left back who would be your prefered choice?

Edit: Noticed ive missed out a r in Richards in the title thread, doh!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
what did the ipswich fans say? my guess would that there first choice will be our second choice :)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It should be remembered that Harding was a lot younger when he played for us and he did so at a higher level for most of it.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Dan Harding was/is severly underated by Brighton fans. He did have off days and make mistakes but he was very young and as already said was playing in the Championship against international players most weeks.

the main reason he is underrated is because he dared to leave us for a bigger club

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd go for Harding, as a local lad. He had the talent and has obviosly got better and he's keeping Richards out of the team. It was his attitude which upset so many Albion fans and that's why he's not fondly remembered like other players who have left us.

I still find Richards over rated.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Not true. Currie isn't underated by us, neither is Zamora, nor Virgo. He is "underated" because of the way he left the club, not who he went to.

You cant blame the lad for leaving. Most of his mates that have normal non football jobs were on more money than he was being offered by us. We were trying to take the piss out of him and he quite rightly told us to f*** off.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Not true. Currie isn't underated by us, neither is Zamora, nor Virgo. He is "underated" because of the way he left the club, not who he went to.

just because he went the wrong way about leaving us, doesnt mean hes a bad player. rumour was he was mislead by his agent - a bit like the reason we only have o'callaghan on loan

think the answer is pretty clear though, and that is which one is in the ipswich side and which one is on-loan in league one

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harding is playing for a team in 6th in the Championship and is preferred to Richards so it's a no brainer really. Although I like Richards, Harding is the better all round player and much quicker too which makes all the difference for a quality FB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports