Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Questions for Fred Binney

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Which game does Fred consider to be his best for BHA?
Who was his favourite strike partner?
Who is/was his best friend in football?

Thanks for the memories Fred - one of my earliest Albion heroes.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
He probably won't remember this,but I certainly do

March 1976 Shrewsbury at the Goldstone

Night match,losing 2-0 at half time

Last minute of the game,we have a penalty at the south stand end (I was right behind the goal)

Fred Binney with his back to the goal,waits for the ref to blow the whistle

turns round and buries it in the corner for 2-2

and of course playing with the bandage round his head for the Hereford game

Sometimes it was ball on spot, back to keeper, one step back (still back to keeper), spin and slot the ball into the corner. Can he talk us through his penalty technique ? How did it evolve ? What was the most important penalty Fred scored ?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
No questions really as I think they have already been asked,but thanks for some great memories,Fred.
Enjoy your retirement!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Is that Eric Steele in goal for Posh then ?

You'd be hard pressed to separate Steele and Mick McCarthy these days.

Attachments

• ericsteele1.jpg
    ericsteele1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 67
  • ES.jpg
    ES.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 138

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
He was also one of my very first Albion hero's as a youngster I remember on one occasion I bunked off school one day to watch the Albion train if I remember correctly in Hove Park, after I asked Fred for his autograph and got a righ ear bashing from him telling me I would amount to nothing bunking off school and sent me packing never did it again I can tell you and he was correct I never did amount to anything

Is Fred in contact with any another Albion players from his time at the Lbion if who and what are they up to these days?
Other than kicking off from the centre spot can Fred ever remember touching the ball out side the six yard box?
I have very fond memories of you scoring loads of goals in the blue and white just like to say thank you

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just looked at the programme, was I really watching a future Albion goalkeeping legend concedeing all those goals...............

Eric Steele had an absolute stormer in the match at Peterborough in November 1975...

peterborough1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here