Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Private Dentists

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
My missus has a broken tooth. Her dentist can’t do anything for a few weeks but we travel to Italy Thursday week and we want it fixed before then. I’m hoping we can call a private practice tomorrow and get something sorted - any recommendations as to who to call? We are in Burgess Hill but happy to travel.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My missus has a broken tooth. Her dentist can’t do anything for a few weeks but we travel to Italy Thursday week and we want it fixed before then. I’m hoping we can call a private practice tomorrow and get something sorted - any recommendations as to who to call? We are in Burgess Hill but happy to travel.
Probably cheaper and quicker to source a dentist in Italy I'd have thought

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Might even be able to claim off your travel insurance if you do it abroad !

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Don’t most dentists take on both private and NHS patients ? It’s the same treatment, just different cost. Mine certainly does but is nowhere near Burgess Hill.
I’m sure that’s right, wondering If they might be rammed with appointments as most NHS places are and a private only practice could be a better option for a quick fix.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
As you're in Burgess Hill, I'd try Gateway Dental in Station Road first as I believe they offer emergency appts even if you're not an existing patient.

From personal experience, the Dentists at Burgess Hill Dental (also in Station Rd) are exceptional. They may, however, only see existing patients or those looking for a longer dental relationship.

Hope you find somewhere!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
As you're in Burgess Hill, I'd try Gateway Dental in Station Road first as I believe they offer emergency appts even if you're not an existing patient.

From personal experience, the Dentists at Burgess Hill Dental (also in Station Rd) are exceptional. They may, however, only see existing patients or those looking for a longer dental relationship.

Hope you find somewhere!
Thanks. Gateway is my dentist and they are on the list to visit tomorrow. Will check out BH Dental.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
My dentist is private (no local NHS) and the earliest he can see me to replace an old filling which doesn't hurt (yet) is the end of October.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Been using Church Road Dental Care in Burgess Hill for a few years. Seems to be a fairly small practice but they have always been friendly and helpful.

A friend of mine has been very impressed with Hassocks Dental Surgery since going there a couple of years ago in an emergency.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks. Gateway is my dentist and they are on the list to visit tomorrow. Will check out BH Dental.
I've been getting calls to book with my NHS dental practise at Coombe Road- South Cliff Dental Group. So I don't know if they are looking to take more patients on.

Sorry receptionists, you are about to get a flood of calls from NSC...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Elms Lea dental care in Brighton. Paddy the lead dentist there was called up to London when we last held the olympics to be on stand by for any dental issues with the competitors, he’s that good .

The downside is he’s not cheap !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here