Premierships top 10....goals

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Was on Sky One last night (prob on sky one mix tonight) and it had the top ten premiership goals, in reverse order (and from memory so correct me if I'm wrong):

10. Shearer's volley against Everton (last year?)
9. Tony Yeboa (sp?) spankeroo that rattled the bar then floor.
8. Denis Berkamps flick "over" the defender and slot from 7yds.
7. Eric Cantona's chip and pose.
6. Tony Dailey skining Wimbledon and then chipping the keeper from 25 yards (earliest prem goal of the ten)
5. Terry Henry stab up and then volley over Bartez into top corner in one motion from 22yrds.
4. Berkamp's goal against newcastle where he flicks it round the defender goes the other way and slots it home. (they suggested he might not of meant it....idiots)
3. David Beckham goal from half way line
2. Matt LeTissier juggle then beautifully composed slot
1. D.I.CAN.I.O, d-i-can-i-o. Sinclair crosses from way out to Paulo DiCanio at the far corner of the 18yrd box. He "scissor" kicks it (not overhead just volley) into the far corner...great goal.

the three that stood out in my mind were all included: Cantona's chip, Berkamps flick round the defender and Beckhams half way effort. Plus I'm glad yeboa got a look in

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Denis the penis meant it didn't he. Can't believe they were questioning it, saying it was "jammie"....dins

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
2. Was that Le Tiss v Newcastle. Tidy goal, and he scored with a 30 yard screamer at the other end in the same match when the ball stayed about a yard off the ground all the way into the onion bag.

Number 7 was a bit ordinary IMHO. I'd have put Le Tissier's goal against Blackburn ahead of that one, where he beats the defender (twice) outside the box and drills it into the top corner from 30 yards. Unbelievable.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
7 was creamy - total sheer class, I remember it so so well, which is rare!

I reckon Denis's #8 was a bit weak, could think of loads of better goals (but because it completed a hat-trick it got put a lot higher).

Letiss's one was against .... erm (embarressingly) a blue team (could have been newcastle?). He scored a second in the same game similar(ish) to Terry Henry's above (a dipping shot into the top right hand corner from the left hand side of the edge of the box...again GRAVY!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports