Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's Hull Reaction video

Ziggy Rob

Feb 15, 2012
Well that has'nt put my mind at rest especially how he avoided the question will the fans still see you in charge Saturday

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If he is going to go, I just wish he'd get on with it. There are other managers out there equally as good as him; and the club will always be uppermost in my mind. Getting tired of all the constant speculation. Will he? Won't he? Just make a decision Gus. No doubt if he stays we'll be going through the same nause in the Summer as well.

D

Deleted member 22389

Just said on Radio 5, that Gus said the decision was out of his hands. What does that mean?

Ziggy Rob

Feb 15, 2012
If he is going to go, I just wish he'd get on with it. There are other managers out there equally as good as him; and the club will always be uppermost in my mind. Getting tired of all the constant speculation. Will he? Won't he? Just make a decision Gus. No doubt if he stays we'll be going through the same nause in the Summer as well.

totally agree and probably for the rest of the season

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Of course it is Gus!

D

Deleted member 22389

I just watched the Video on Seagulls Player.

I am just glad we are nearly safe this season. I don't think this speculation is helping the players, club, or us at the moment.
It is not Gus fault, Wolves just need to confirm either way if they still want him, Yes or No.

I think he is genuinely interested if Wolves offer the compensation, that's my opinion otherwise he would have said No way.

Again that is how I saw it on Seagulls Player. May be other people could look on Seagulls player and tell us what they think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just said on Radio 5, that Gus said the decision was out of his hands. What does that mean?

Bollox surely? .. Bloom won't want him to go and has slapped a price on to prevent it ... but if any of this is true it must mean that Gus wants to go but it's down to money. If not why doesn't he just come out and say I'm staying put, end of. Almost as if he's playing the big I am.

Still got to believe all his building for the future, make us a great club stuff was genuine not behave like a tart and take the first offer to come along from a crummy yo yo club where the Chairman has already said that the new Manager has to do it his way, how does that help him accomplish anything?

Edit: Just watched vid ... nout wrong with it ... not going anywhere imo

Last edited:

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
If gus does go which I doubt as not a good move for him I think mr bloom will get the right man. Curbs maybe ?? He won't go

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I heard nothing wrong with that interview. Of course it's out of his hands as he sees it, he cannot control who comes round asking the question. The only thing in his control is what his answer is.

medu_20260840_Dean%20Morris%20Cards_Coasters_have-a-cuppa-keep-calm-and-carry-on-coaster-drinks-mat.jpg

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He is going nowhere.

Poyet reveals Wolves approach :

Wolves is on the hunt for a new boss after the sacking of Mick McCarthy after five-and-a-half years in charge.

Steve Bruce and Alan Curbishley have been touted as the frontrunners for the vacancy at the Premier League struggler but Poyet also appears to have been on the radar at some stage.

Wolves had previously denied reports it has made an approach for Poyet who, though, spoke after his side's 0-0 draw at Hull City.

"There was an approach but it came and went.

"I didn't have any decisions to make, anything to think about. I was not involved at all.

"It was not difficult for me, I was not involved at any time."

The Uruguayan signed a five-year deal with the Championship Seagulls in September 2011 and despite admitting he is keen to manage in the top flight, he feels he could fulfil his ambitions at the Amex Stadium.

"I've said a few times that we all aim for the same - players want to play at the highest level, I want to manage in the Premier League," the former Chelsea midfielder added.

"At the moment the easiest way will be in the next two or three years or whatever it takes with Brighton.

"If we don't then I need to move on because I want to manage at the top. I'm not going to lie to people. I don't want to wait 20 years but it doesn't need to happen now.

"If something happens or comes along I will think about it, talk to the chairman - he's the main one - and we'll see. These are all the things you cannot control so I'm relaxed about it."

Having led Brighton to the League One title last season, earning the manager of the year award along the way, the 44-year-old is content to continue shaping the south coast club's future.

"I'm very lucky where I am," he added. "I can get the players for the style I play, I can get involved in the new academy and part of the building of the new training ground.

"It's a great place to be. I'm saying I'm not in a hurry, I signed a long-term contract because I want to be here."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Maybe our time frame is too slow for him to get where he wants to be, after all it will be years before the academy starts producing.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He is going nowhere.

Poyet reveals Wolves approach :

Wolves is on the hunt for a new boss after the sacking of Mick McCarthy after five-and-a-half years in charge.

Steve Bruce and Alan Curbishley have been touted as the frontrunners for the vacancy at the Premier League struggler but Poyet also appears to have been on the radar at some stage.

Wolves had previously denied reports it has made an approach for Poyet who, though, spoke after his side's 0-0 draw at Hull City.

"There was an approach but it came and went.

"I didn't have any decisions to make, anything to think about. I was not involved at all.

"It was not difficult for me, I was not involved at any time."

The Uruguayan signed a five-year deal with the Championship Seagulls in September 2011 and despite admitting he is keen to manage in the top flight, he feels he could fulfil his ambitions at the Amex Stadium.

"I've said a few times that we all aim for the same - players want to play at the highest level, I want to manage in the Premier League," the former Chelsea midfielder added.

"At the moment the easiest way will be in the next two or three years or whatever it takes with Brighton.

"If we don't then I need to move on because I want to manage at the top. I'm not going to lie to people. I don't want to wait 20 years but it doesn't need to happen now.

"If something happens or comes along I will think about it, talk to the chairman - he's the main one - and we'll see. These are all the things you cannot control so I'm relaxed about it."

Having led Brighton to the League One title last season, earning the manager of the year award along the way, the 44-year-old is content to continue shaping the south coast club's future.

"I'm very lucky where I am," he added. "I can get the players for the style I play, I can get involved in the new academy and part of the building of the new training ground.

"It's a great place to be. I'm saying I'm not in a hurry, I signed a long-term contract because I want to be here."

Thanks. I feel slightly better than I did 5 minutes ago :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Just seen that post-match interview.

"It was a very strange Monday morning, until it comes (I assume he means an approach from another club) ,you don't think about it. Then it came and and it went away, so there's nothing to worry about."

I'm not particularly worried either.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

You are massively disrespectful to one of our greatest managers of all time on a regular basis. Why?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Am I missing something on this? Last week it was confirmed on Twitter - cant remember who by that Wolves made an approach for Gus and the Bloom said no straightaway.

Gus has always said it would take something special to prose him away from arguably one of the best jobs in England at the moment.

No disrespect but Wolves would be a massive step backwards when you consider what's currently going on with the academy and infrastructure at the Albion.

Sent from my iPhone using the power of Greyskull

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here