Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter’s return?

Return of Potter

• Total voters

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Because for 2 and a half years of Potterball we were imho, painfully dull to watch, managed by a bloke with no charisma who had no time for supporters and f***ed off at the first opportunity. I don't want to watch another 2 and a half years of painfully dull football again in the hope that it all clicks just in time for us to make a bit more profit on the best players.
Fine. But if Bloom thinks differently, armed with all the pertinent info, would you not trust his judgment?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I personally would be okay with it, as he knows the club, plays good football, would’ve had an excellent working relationship with TB and PB and for all those saying don’t go back, it got chelsea a PL title with mourinho, and it worked okay for us with murray, so it’s not inconceivable that it could turn out okay.

however it’s never going to happen as immediately it’s going to create a divided fan base, and there’ll be a large chunk out there who’d give GP very little slack before things turned toxic, which is fair enough. from that standpoint it would just seem like shooting ourselves in the foot when another appointment doesn’t create any of that drama

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find it hard to reconcile him getting a job at man U or any other 'big club'. My feeling is that we ourselves have outgrown him.

We showed incredible patience with the guy and evetually he STARTED to realise the potential we could all see. Then as soon as this happened he f***ed off to pastures greener.

. . . and he was shit!!

For me, he needs to go back and rebuild his reputation at a lower prem upper championship club and show that he actually has the goods to become a top manager.

Lawros Lip

Sep 16, 2020
I’d take him but only if he has learned from seeing what we achieved after he left, despite his comments about how far we could go, and from his experiences with Chelsea. A Potter 0.2 who has reflected on his experiences, seen what we achieved without him with an adapted style of play to what we saw with him, and our progress into Europe could be a good move.He would need to eat a piece of humble pie though. If it is same old Potterball, as if the last three years were just a dream, then NO!

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
1 in 4 of people on here would be happy with Potter back
Wow
Utterly bizarre

Our progressive club eh.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why ffs?

Do people honestly think the ex-Chelsea manager would be welcomed back by the fans after fcuking off with half the back room staff for better money, with our season well under way, then coming back for others. There is a reason Potter hasn’t found a job yet and I’ll hazard a guess it’s not because he’s holding out to take over again at Brighton.

I suspect the new manager will be an up and coming long term target of the Club who may previously have worked with RDZ as a player or assistant coach or just been in his radar of influence - maybe even one most English fans have not heard of.
As far as I’m aware he’s been offered other jobs and turned them down.

it‘s not up to me whether he comes back or not. I would trust TB/PBOBE to make the right decision, and I don’t think that would be it.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
The potential for a toxic atmosphere and infighting in the stands is the outstanding reason for not bringing him back imo rather than his ability to continue the fine work he (imo) and RDZ did here :shrug:

I don’t see it happening but it’s been interesting to see NSCs take on it

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The potential for a toxic atmosphere and infighting in the stands is the outstanding reason for not bringing him back imo rather than his ability to continue the fine work he (imo) and RDZ did here :shrug:

I don’t see it happening but it’s been interesting to see NSCs take on it
Agree. For that reason alone it won’t happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here