Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] PL matches 22/2 - 24/2

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Job done. Let's move on.

A very good weekend for us. I wasn't fishing earlier - I just want the Scousers to lose a game because sales of Anadin are going to explode with the whining of 'best Premier League team ever'. :lolol:
If they keep on winning they probably will be the best PL team ever - and the huge benefit will be that the Arse won't be so keen on blabbing o about the bl**dy Invincibles any more.

Fine by me. I don't have an irrational hatred of all things scouse. Don't like uber-entitled teams that have never had to win a promotion in their entire existence though.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If they keep on winning they probably will be the best PL team ever - and the huge benefit will be that the Arse won't be so keen on blabbing o about the bl**dy Invincibles any more.

Fine by me. I don't have an irrational hatred of all things scouse. Don't like uber-entitled teams that have never had to win a promotion in their entire existence though.

They still have to play Man City away. Chelsea and Arsenal at home.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

This in spades.

I do have an irrational hatred of all things Scouse (manc, Yorkie, Scotch, Bolney, Welsh - northern) but I will happily listen to their high pitched nylon clad, cap wearing bollox, for ten years, if it shuts the goobers up.

I wouldn't have a problem with them if they carveated The Invincible with drew 13 matches, but they don't.

Their 'achievement' such as it is would look like the very definition of small man syndrome if Liverpool won out.

Tw@ts the lot of them.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Who thinks we have a better side then West Ham

Without a doubt they have better individual players and should be much higher up the league.

Their problem is in the head. They've got one leader in Noble, possibly you could say Snodgrass. The rest are mentally weak and can't hack the pressure.

I think they played better last night because there was no expectation on them so they were able to play without fear - until it looked like they might win. It reminded me of a darts player missing doubles to win a match.

When the pressure is on this weekend I think they'll crumble, it just needs Southampton to turn up and play their part.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without a doubt they have better individual players and should be much higher up the league.

Their problem is in the head. They've got one leader in Noble, possibly you could say Snodgrass. The rest are mentally weak and can't hack the pressure.

I think they played better last night because there was no expectation on them so they were able to play without fear - until it looked like they might win. It reminded me of a darts player missing doubles to win a match.

When the pressure is on this weekend I think they'll crumble, it just needs Southampton to turn up and play their part.

Yep, a free hit game that they expected to lose took the pressure off and they could play without fear. Once they took the lead the fear came back and they will be very nervous playing Saints who do not need the win anywhere near as badly as WHU. Well at least I hope that’s how it pans out. Moyes is normally a manager who plays with fear and WHU do exactly that, especially when leading

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009

I still feel Arsenal were/will be the greatest ever entertainers when they were 'The Invincibles'.

Players like Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Robert Pires, Freddie Ljungberg, Patrick Vieira, Jose Reyes (RIP), Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell and Gilberto trip off the tongue with relative ease.

They played beautiful, posession-based football ten years after the formation of the Premier League and stroked the ball around delicately. Certainly Arsene Wenger's peak and what I remember him for - building that side that everyone had to admire.

Manchester United's famous treble in 1999 was quite sensational too. Yes, they had a bit of luck against Bayern Munich in the CL final but my God, they earnt it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still feel Arsenal were/will be the greatest ever entertainers when they were 'The Invincibles'.

Players like Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Robert Pires, Freddie Ljungberg, Patrick Vieira, Jose Reyes (RIP), Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell and Gilberto trip off the tongue with relative ease.

They played beautiful, posession-based football ten years after the formation of the Premier League and stroked the ball around delicately. Certainly Arsene Wenger's peak and what I remember him for - building that side that everyone had to admire.

Manchester United's famous treble in 1999 was quite sensational too. Yes, they had a bit of luck against Bayern Munich in the CL final but my God, they earnt it.

Arsenal achieved that through Wenger's brilliance, clever signings and giving longevity to the careers of top defenders. Away from their London rivals, they probably are remembered with affection.

ManC have at least twice being devious in their squad/payroll funding (cheating), giving them the most expensive squad ever assembled in the game, making them far less likeable imho.

Last edited:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Agreed. But it is the same with all the 'big' clubs.

Yes, but that doesn’t excuse it. I appreciate that you have lived there and have an affection for the club, but I just can’t relate to wishing success on any club but your own, and especially not Liverpool who will sell more shirts in Sussex now than ever.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, but that doesn’t excuse it. I appreciate that you have lived there and have an affection for the club, but I just can’t relate to wishing success on any club but your own, and especially not Liverpool who will sell more shirts in Sussex now than ever.
I don't know why you think I follow Liverpool. I don't. I have affection for the city and left a lot of good friends there who I am still in close contact with. Obviously I am happy for them. But as for yesterday, and all occasions, I support any team who will aid the Albion. It was pretty good that Liverpool beat West Ham but there again, I'd support Everton or man u for a game of they were playing our relegation rivals. I am a one team man, have been since the age of 5. Last season, I found the Liverpool game, apart from city, to be the most upsetting as the ref seemed against us, we got beaten by a softly awarded penalty and that git Robertson, shouted **** off in our direction in the family stand. I am Albion all the way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The Invincibles drew 13 games.

The Invincibles didn't win a touch under 1/4 of their matches, that season.

They have been living a sham and will continue to do so, if Liverpool lose one game and draw 3.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here