Pitch inspection for Walsall match

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Same here as we are on the 9.43 from Euston. Oh well if its off a day out in London or find an alternative game!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That takes the piss, Walsall well know that the team are travelling up today - they even acknowleded this fact on their own website. What if the pitch is still marginal at 9am? Are they going to wait until all the fans are in Brum before making a decision.

Are they hoping for more rain to thaw the pitch? It sounds like it.

Walsall are terrible at getting matches on, but one thing they are even worse at is advising fans in advance. Walsall FC = rubbish.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That takes the piss, Walsall well know that the team are travelling up today - they even acknowleded this fact on their own website. What if the pitch is still marginal at 9am? Are they going to wait until all the fans are in Brum before making a decision.

Are they hoping for more rain to thaw the pitch? It sounds like it.

Walsall are terrible at getting matches on, but one thing they are even worse at is advising fans in advance. Walsall FC = rubbish.

Why does it take the piss?

Surely if it's marginal it's better to leave it as late as possible? Look at the shit West Ham got last week for an early postponement.

Part and parcel of being a traveling football supporter. If it's called off go and find something else to do.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Why does it take the piss?

Surely if it's marginal it's better to leave it as late as possible? Look at the shit West Ham got last week for an early postponement.

Part and parcel of being a traveling football supporter. If it's called off go and find something else to do.

I guess so, it just strikes me that Walsall are the one club that are repeated offenders for late cancellations. I think thats what annoys me. Maybe I just have an irrational hatred of Walsall, that is also another perfectly plausible explaination.

Hmm, anyways, I guess you are right.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hmm, I think I have an irrational hatred of Walsall FC, shame, because I used to work in Walsall and the people are nice. Should I embrace this hatred, or should I focus my irrational hatred elsewhere?

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Hmm, I think I have an irrational hatred of Walsall FC, shame, because I used to work in Walsall and the people are nice. Should I embrace this hatred, or should I focus my irrational hatred elsewhere?

No, quite frankly the town is a s**t hole full of scroungers and teenage mums, the locals in general have no pride in their surroundings.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I hate Walsall too. I went there with a MASSIVE hangover a few years back and my pie was way too hot to eat and then I dropped it and their Walsall FC branded water was warm.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
What Don't quite get, is the groud staff removed the snow yesterday before the rain, and the rain here is no harder than and average rainy day, so waterlogg is surely unlikely.

I do think Walsall need the revenue as they have not played for a month, so expect they will pull out all the stops to get this game on.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
There will still be frost to come out of the ground. Walsall expect the game to go ahead as of now. The forecast is rain today, overnight and tomorrow - what are they expected to do! With the way the weather has been for the past month, no one exactly how much rain will fall and what effect thois will have on the pitch. Would you all rather the game was called off now and look forward to a Tuesday night in Walsall?

Dandyman

In London village.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Everyone moans when games are called off in advance, then moan when it's left to the matchday. It's only Birmingham, not Carlisle. Good on them for waiting until the morning.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Why don't you write a book about it?

A WHU fan did (well about Luton not Walsall)

016ed30e808cd3f597a65425567434d414f4541.jpg

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This is a bit annoying - I'm on the 09:43 from Euston so won't know until I'm on the way. I have a lot of work to do as well so could do with it being called off! Argh!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If the game was this afternoon it couldn't be played - the ground is very hard on top and for a bit underneath too. It is puddling as the rain cannot soak in. They are forking the pitch but main problem area is under the lea of the stand. Later they leave it the more chance there is. My guess is no better than 50:50

on the subject Walsall are desperate to get the game on and will do all they can - cash flow is king! Was chatting to a few guys last night from local non-league clubs - one hasn't played for 3 weeks, one for four, and the other for 7 weeks!!! Their clubs are in serious financial doo doo

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports