Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
OK, I'll bite. I believe that is to cover the entrance from the away dressing rooms that had to be built as part of Covid restrictions. We dont have a sugar daddy to help us fund a new ground, and we now have owners who are trying to look out for the best interests of our club and not spend spend spend. It may mean we get relegated, but I hope we are on a much firmer footing as a club. I'd hate for us to turn into a mega millions team who play in a soulless stadium with day out customers instead of die hard fans.

Us interlopers were also asked to comment about Wilf. He does seem disillusioned at the moment, which is a surprise to me as I thought PV's arrival would give him a new purpose. Its rumoured he is still hoping to leave, and that he doesnt want to get injured before the deadline, but hopefully when that has passed, he can go back to his pre-season form where he looked sharp. We need a fully focussed Wilf, we dont need a distracted Wilf which we currently have. If we get another signing or two, from the bargain basement as suggested, it may give Wilf his focus back, and give us a chance of getting 17th place

On a different subject, are any players likely to be in or out at Brighton before Tuesday night?

Thanks for the response.
Interesting comments re Wilf. I agree that you need him focused to stay up this season. Olisie might hit the ground running, but even if he does he is unlikely to be good enough to make up for a disinterested Wilf.

We are all expecting Cucurella to sign for us before the Window SLAMS shut.
Personally I don't think Nunez will be signing, though there have been plenty of effort to land him.

No major outgoings as far as I am aware.
If we get to Tuesday, without losing Bissouma, we will all be very happy.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I've said it before, but they actually have a fortunate start to develop their style of play.

Their first 10 games are tough (just 9 points on the tracker). This gives them ample time to get their system sorted in time for the games that matter.
If they take just 6 points from these games they will be in an ok position, better than 6 and we can forget about them struggling this season (IMO)

I guess you're talking about their equivalent of Giraffe's tracker. Assuming nothing from last year's top ten would mean losses to Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal & Man City and home wins against Brentford, us and Newcastle. They've already failed to win one of those three, so they'll either have to get points from some of the tough games, or turn over both us and Newcastle to get better than six. If it was us, with a new manager, injuries to key players and a lot of gelling to do, I'd be very scared. They'll be needing to be patient or to pull a rabbit out of a hat in one of these. Given their previous, the latter would seem more likely.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I guess you're talking about their equivalent of Giraffe's tracker. Assuming nothing from last year's top ten would mean losses to Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal & Man City and home wins against Brentford, us and Newcastle. They've already failed to win one of those three, so they'll either have to get points from some of the tough games, or turn over both us and Newcastle to get better than six. If it was us, with a new manager, injuries to key players and a lot of gelling to do, I'd be very scared. They'll be needing to be patient or to pull a rabbit out of a hat in one of these. Given their previous, the latter would seem more likely.

I'm taking it one game at a time with Palace at the moment.
They have previous for getting away with hopeless positions.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
OK, I'll bite. I believe that is to cover the entrance from the away dressing rooms that had to be built as part of Covid restrictions. We dont have a sugar daddy to help us fund a new ground, and we now have owners who are trying to look out for the best interests of our club and not spend spend spend. It may mean we get relegated, but I hope we are on a much firmer footing as a club. I'd hate for us to turn into a mega millions team who play in a soulless stadium with day out customers instead of die hard fans.

Us interlopers were also asked to comment about Wilf. He does seem disillusioned at the moment, which is a surprise to me as I thought PV's arrival would give him a new purpose. Its rumoured he is still hoping to leave, and that he doesnt want to get injured before the deadline, but hopefully when that has passed, he can go back to his pre-season form where he looked sharp. We need a fully focussed Wilf, we dont need a distracted Wilf which we currently have. If we get another signing or two, from the bargain basement as suggested, it may give Wilf his focus back, and give us a chance of getting 17th place

On a different subject, are any players likely to be in or out at Brighton before Tuesday night?

I really don’t get the love-in with Parish that you all seem to have. Dubbed one of four billionaires when he joined the club, he hasn’t exactly spent significant amounts of his own money on the club. Two billionaires have gone, and Parish and another remain. So why did they have to seek American money? Parish has paid himself millions and charges the club for offices and no doubt other costs. I would guess he has taken out more than he has ever, personally, put in. Lots of lies of ring fenced money etc. Pissed off season ticket holders by moving the black clad goons to better seats. The dreadful planning around Hodgson’s departure. And the lack of any investment in the ground, which, being polite, is in desperate need.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The question about Palace is, can they find the "ground out" victories and unexpected upsets they managed when under the cosh under Hodgson?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lets face it, Palace are an embarrassment to the Premier League. A rotting shack of a ground that is barely League One standard, a team that plays truly stultifying anti-football in their comical gaudy jesters costumes, in front of a bunch of goons who think wearing black hoodies and banging a drum for 2 hours constitutes "generating an atmosphere". They are the runts of the division, and although they'll openly revel in that, the sooner they piss off back to the second division (losing circa 10,000 fans in the process), the better it will be for all concerned. Then we can at last fumigate the place, and ideally forget they even exist.

Lets make room for more Brentfords and Fulhams. Nobody wants trash like Palace hanging around stinking out the place any more.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Such a ****. This sugar daddy shit etc - we didn’t have a bloody ground so had to get one from somewhere. The jealousy and little digs are constant - just piss off our message board if you can’t handle you’re well in our shadow you gimp.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I really don’t get the love-in with Parish that you all seem to have. Dubbed one of four billionaires when he joined the club, he hasn’t exactly spent significant amounts of his own money on the club. Two billionaires have gone, and Parish and another remain. So why did they have to seek American money? Parish has paid himself millions and charges the club for offices and no doubt other costs. I would guess he has taken out more than he has ever, personally, put in. Lots of lies of ring fenced money etc. Pissed off season ticket holders by moving the black clad goons to better seats. The dreadful planning around Hodgson’s departure. And the lack of any investment in the ground, which, being polite, is in desperate need.
Not Billionaires, millionaires.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Couple of quick questions for you:

Which of the following owners would you rather have?

(A) An owner who is a huge fan and whose family have been associated with the club for 50 + years

Or

(B) A mixture of a CEO who takes £3 million a year out of the club plus some random Americans who have zero affinity with the club and know nothing of your (11 year) history.

With regards to your spending you do know that your club's wages were the 9th highest in the PL? Sure lots of dead wood and high earners gone in the summer, but plenty of money spent too with probably more to be spent before the end of the window....

Does 'having the best interests of the club' mean starting on the 'we have the money ring-fenced for it' stand?

'Die hard fans' - don't make me laugh - there were 17,000 at Selhurst when we played you less than 10 years ago - like all clubs you got to the PL and discovered thousands of new fans.

Zaha - he wants out, he has for a long time - bad for morale - he knows he's wasted his career - but I guess his huge salary compensates for that.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Nice to see how much you are gloating at the moment

Will you be cheering us to get something against the Hammers on Saturday, and then a draw between Liverpool and Chelsea will give you top spot for two weeks

(I am assuming that a win over Everton is a given now seeing how well you have started the season)

Top spot you say? Yes,Yes I could. I’d love to live with your lot doubling your points tally for the season to give us the kudos of Champions placing even if it’s only for a couple of weeks. These opportunities don’t come round too often and it’s also just as likely for normal service to resume at some point in the season and Big Pats extreme expansive total football to reel us in and for your lot to take your rightful place amongst the elite of this division. Please.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't be arsed to run the gauntlet of the thread police but there might be some potential in:-

Which would you rather:-

palace scrape a point/Albion scrape a win and go top.

Or

palace get a full on dry humping without even a cuddle after/the Albion miss out on only realistic chance to be #1.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I can't be arsed to run the gauntlet of the thread police but there might be some potential in:-

Which would you rather:-

palace scrape a point/Albion scrape a win and go top.

Or

palace get a full on dry humping without even a cuddle after/the Albion miss out on only realistic chance to be #1.

Option 1: I’d rather see Palace limp along for the next few months, going through long phases of losses only to be offered some hope by a draw. Keep stringing along PV until it’s too late.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Option 1: I’d rather see Palace limp along for the next few months, going through long phases of losses only to be offered some hope by a draw. Keep stringing along PV until it’s too late.

Yeah I think so too but I would be well lush to be top for a full international break.
(Assuming the Liverpool game ends in a draw)

Feel free to take the thread and see where I goes I've got to crack on now anyway.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Zaha wants away, but because of his long contract and high wages no other club is prepared to match that financial package.
Also with 25% of any transfer fee being due to Manchester United we all agree that he's unlikely to be going anywhere this season.

However, his escape from the Stad de Clad is more likely to happen if Palace get relegated. Parish and his mates would then likely want to reduce their wage bill, and unloading a slowing Zaha would help a lot.

If I was a Palace fan, I wouldn't expect too much commitment from Zaha this season.
He wants to get away and relegation will be the easiest way of achieving it.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
If Will Hughes is the answer
What the hell was the question?

I genuinely feel that he would be our worst midfielder if he joined us, and I include all of the U23 that played against Cardiff on Tuesday.

They have made good progress in replacing dead wood with young players with lots of potential, but are now spunking £10m on a 26 year old who is the definition of average.
Yet on Twitter the Palace goons are creaming themselves, while Watford are laughing that someone is so gullible to spend that much on him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Will Hughes is the answer
What the hell was the question?

I genuinely feel that he would be our worst midfielder if he joined us, and I include all of the U23 that played against Cardiff on Tuesday.

They have made good progress in replacing dead wood with young players with lots of potential, but are now spunking £10m on a 26 year old who is the definition of average.
Yet on Twitter the Palace goons are creaming themselves, while Watford are laughing that someone is so gullible to spend that much on him.

I thought he had downed tools, hadn't he?

Why is he worth £10m

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Such a ****. This sugar daddy shit etc - we didn’t have a bloody ground so had to get one from somewhere. The jealousy and little digs are constant - just piss off our message board if you can’t handle you’re well in our shadow you gimp.

Thanks again for the advice Sheebo. Sorry if you dont like me referring to mr Bloom as a sugar daddy, rather than a billionaire life long fan. You did have a ground, but previous owners sold it from under you. Not sure why I would think we were in your shadow. You may have access to more money at the moment, and not be reliant on dodgy American business owners who may or may not have ring fenced 100million for an upgraded new stand. Apparently the delay is around persuading Sainsburys to sell some of the land they own. Weren't there similar delays before the Amex was built? However, I believe we have finished above you for many seasons now, and the one season we didnt, the play offs sorted that out.

Certainly not jealous of Brighton, and the little digs were meant in jest, like I suppose when you refer to me as a gimp, or that I should support Charlton

Feel free to continue with your insults, I'll hope to be allowed to converse with others here who seem prepared to accept my views even though they dont agree with them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here