Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Mods, this should be renamed as the Palarse :tosser: thread. Been completely derailed by the w@nkers.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh, sorry, hadn't realised that [MENTION=28302]ThePaddy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] were the same person, but he appears to be talking to himself?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Instead of? Trossard? Lallana? Gross? Bissouma maybe? I think you need to have a little think before you post such stuff.

Obviously not Bissouma as they're totally different players (Bissouma is also excellent)

I can say with complete confidence that I'd much rather have Eze than any of the first three though, and it's not close.

boik

Obviously not Bissouma as they're totally different players (Bissouma is also excellent)

I can say with complete confidence that I'd much rather have Eze than any of the first three though, and it's not close.

You're a funny man. Full Belgian international, England international and the second highest assist maker in the last 5 years of the EPL. Or a championship player taking his first steps in the EPL who has potential but is very inconsistent.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
How many of them were 19?

You can never guarantee success when making the step up, but Olise is so highly rated for a reason. To be as good as he is at such a young age bodes well for his chances of making it at the top level.

So were Tom Ince and Sessegnon....

There was this other player you might have heard of, Wilf Zaha? Greatest player ever apparently, went to the Premier league and was awful. Better 2nd time around, but 2 seasons of dross

Last edited:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
You're a funny man. Full Belgian international, England international and the second highest assist maker in the last 5 years of the EPL. Or a championship player taking his first steps in the EPL who has potential but is very inconsistent.

Eze is a Championship player in the same way that Patrick Bamford or Kalvin Phillips are, i.e. not at all.

It's strange that your full internationals couldn't manage to get more goal contributions than Eze considering how raw and inconsistent he is.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Eze is a decent player - but we've been here before on the who "walks" into either squad.

Zaha/Bissouma/Dunk are 3 players that could comfortably play at a higher level.

Eze would strengthen our squad ( assuming his injury doesn't affect his pace)
As Lamptey/Webster/Trossard/Gross would strengthen theirs.

Two Premier league teams of approximately the same strength don't really have that many players that "walks" into either first 11.
Confirmation bias is all that's being represented here.

boik

Eze is a Championship player in the same way that Patrick Bamford or Kalvin Phillips are, i.e. not at all.

It's strange that your full internationals couldn't manage to get more goal contributions than Eze considering how raw and inconsistent he is.

Eze who scored 4 in 34 compared to, um, Trossard who scored 5 in 31?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Eze is a decent player - but we've been here before on the who "walks" into either squad.

Two Premier league teams of approximately the same strength don't really have that many players that "walks" into either first 11.

I agree with most of what you're saying, but I'd put both Eze & Lamptey in the category of players that could comfortably move up a level.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Eze who scored 4 in 34 compared to, um, Trossard who scored 5 in 31?

Both Eze & Trossard had 10 goal contributions last season. Eze played fewer games. Trossard even had the advantage of playing in a side that occasionally left the edge of their own penalty area.

Come on, this stuff is easy to google.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021

You missed off Andersen here, a full international and has played CL football for Lyon.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Both Eze & Trossard had 10 goal contributions last season. Eze played fewer games. Trossard even had the advantage of playing in a side that occasionally left the edge of their own penalty area.

1 fewer games - come off it!

Screenshot 2021-08-02 091849.png

boik

Blimey you're determined arent you. So I'm guessing he also outperformed Gross then? Oh, hang on, Gross seems to have had 11 "goal contributions" in his 27 starts.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

I had a look at Eze's goal contributions the other day, because i really haven't seen much of him and wanted to educate myself.
He is undoubtedly an exciting prospect, but what struck me most was the level of lucky breaks in goal contributions last season.

The first 7 goal contributions in this highlights package, include 1 lucky rebound, 1 mishit shot assist, 1 fantastic freekick, 1 corner ( the header is superb, not the corner), 1 massive deflection, 1 rebound from a defender,1 goal keeping howler.

He has potential definitely, but he has had a big chunk of luck in regards to goal contributions last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here