Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So you honestly think just 1 player from Palace gets in to your X1?

If so, please then explain why the 2 teams were so close last year but Palace finished higher? How could that possibly happen if 10 out of 11 players are better? All i'm hearing is you were unlucky and we were lucky, i don't buy that at all.

And if you are so good, why did you finish only 16th out of 20 teams last season? And failed to beat the bottom 4 home and away?

It really makes no sense ???

The only stat that matters is the league table - No argument with that - You won that hands down.
Well done.

That has no relevance to a hypothetical best XI.

Your league position can be attributed to scoring 1 goal more than us - Benteke's goal at the Amex.
Take that out of the equation and the positions reverse. so the gap is not all that. Is it?

We failed to beat teams that played for a draw because we were poor at finishing chances.
Really poor.

The xg argument has been done to death, but the fact that our XGd was something like 40 goals better than yours tells a story too.
You were way more clinical than us for your 1 goal more.

So as Stat alludes to (and you are finally getting there) your forwards had a great season in comparison to ours.
But in pure footballing terms our first 11 defended better and created better chances than your lot.

My first 11 is based on what those individuals did on the pitch last season.
I'm not sure how you factor in points gained into a best 11.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is going to be a splendid bounce when Palace get relegated next season.

Sadly, we won't see [MENTION=42405]Milo[/MENTION] for dust when that happens - we all know what happens to cocky Nìgels when it all goes tits up; nowhere to be seen.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'd have Alexander Sorloth as the THIRD coming. Meyer FOURTH

‘Joniesta’ been mentioned yet? :lolol::lolol::ffsparr:

7E61E7C7-A972-4C72-801C-894393F4B1C5.jpeg

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
This is going to be a splendid bounce when Palace get relegated next season.

Sadly, we won't see [MENTION=42405]Milo[/MENTION] for dust when that happens - we all know what happens to cocky Nìgels when it all goes tits up; nowhere to be seen.

Or maybe, just maybe, it'll be your lot getting relegated. You've lost White, if you lose Bissoma as well then suddenly you're looking very weak.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Or maybe, just maybe, it'll be your lot getting relegated. You've lost White, if you lose Bissoma as well then suddenly you're looking very weak.
Yes, or maybe just maybe it'll be Manchester City getting relegated. :rolleyes:

I will be incredibly pissed off if we don't finish above you Nìgels this coming season, as we are MILES better than you on paper. We don't look weak at all if Bissouma goes, by the way.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Get your parents mortgage on it [MENTION=42405]Milo[/MENTION].

If you’re old enough to bet, that is.

6/1.

You lot are 15/8

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Yes, or maybe just maybe it'll be Manchester City getting relegated. :rolleyes:

I will be incredibly pissed off if we don't finish above you Nìgels this coming season, as we are MILES better than you on paper. We don't look weak at all if Bissouma goes, by the way.

Like it or not, most neutrals see you dowm the bottom this year. You came 16th last year and are selling one of your best players so you're weaker than last year already.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I must look up this "Most Neutrals" website.
Sounds like a great resource for balanced informed about players and clubs performance data.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Like it or not, most neutrals see you dowm the bottom this year. You came 16th last year and are selling one of your best players so your weaker than last year already.
Most neutrals? Are you sure? Look at the odds on us being relegated compared to your odds.

If you are looking at the bald stats from last season, then clearly you're going to miss an awful lot of things you should be considering. That takes no account of how settled a squad is, how tied down they are, what impact another season's experience/age will have, or indeed the direction of travel through the season. In our case, you'd see we were far stronger after Christmas.

I'm not going to say we are nailed on for staying up but there are many reasons why we're a best priced 8/1 to go down whereas you are 15/8 (4th favourites for the drop). We really shouldn't be troubling the relegation places. You will though, and hopefully it will end up in relegation for you.

The good news is that you'll have the best main stand in the championship now that it's completely finished with all that ring-fenced money.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Not really, just shows your ignorance of our squad depth. Ben White was our 3rd best CB last season. I know Arsenal fans don’t like to hear that but it’s true.

Milo

Banned
Jul 9, 2021
Most neutrals? Are you sure? Look at the odds on us being relegated compared to your odds.

If you are looking at the bald stats from last season, then clearly you're going to miss an awful lot of things you should be considering. That takes no account of how settled a squad is, how tied down they are, what impact another season's experience/age will have, or indeed the direction of travel through the season. In our case, you'd see we were far stronger after Christmas.

I'm not going to say we are nailed on for staying up but there are many reasons why we're a best priced 8/1 to go down whereas you are 15/8 (4th favourites for the drop). We really shouldn't be troubling the relegation places. You will though, and hopefully it will end up in relegation for you.

The good news is that you'll have the best main stand in the championship now that it's completely finished with all that ring-fenced money.

Lose Bissoma and your odds will tumble. You're heavily reliant on him, he's a great player. Arsenal and City are sniffing according to the press. If we sign a few more players our odds will get better. Most people that are betting on us is because, like you lot, they believe we have lost 22 players this summer when reality is we lost 6 or 7 first teamers and we have already replaced 2 of them with better signings.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Lose Bissoma and your odds will tumble. You're heavily reliant on him, he's a great player. Arsenal and City are sniffing according to the press. If we sign a few more players our odds will get better. Most people that are betting on us is because, like you lot, they believe we have lost 22 players this summer when reality is we lost 6 or 7 first teamers and we have already replaced 2 of them with better signings.

Blimey - you really are poorly informed.

We have a young international Centre-mid playing already (Moder)
We've just signed what most commentators have identified as his likely immediate replacement (Mwepu)
Then there's a highly rated young Ecuadorian (Caciedo) for further cover in this position.

It's called succession planning it's how well run clubs make sure they don't have to panic buy a whole first team 2 weeks before the season starts.

Last edited:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

I am actually feeling for this kid, he either does not have a clue, is totally deluded or just trying to be positive about his 'car crash' club. I expect the latter. Right just off the read the 'Neutrals' on Social Media who
Think that Palace better than us, when I find them, I will post a link. I think
Maybe they will be dressed in red and blue clown outfits and live near Croydon.... still
Laughing about Ward being a better defender than Lampney and some Dutch bloke called Rieldwald ??? Who only played a few games is better than Lallana, Gross etc. This is the same bloke as My
Non deluded Palace mate said 'is he is playing I am walking out'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This bit alone marks you out as completely clueless. We are simply not "heavily reliant on him". He's been here 3 seasons, and was almost anonymous (give or take the odd good game) for a season and a half. Outstanding last season and the second half of the season before, I grant you.

People are betting on you being relegated because, on balance, you look a bit crap. Of the good players that remain, many are are over the hill and others don't want to be there. Your odds will only get better if you sign better players than you've lost because nobody seriously thinks you'll start the season with about 14 squad members do they? The problem for you (and it is an amusing one) is that, well, nobody who is any good wants to commit to a shambles like yours. You're going to end up overpaying for average players out of desperation.

To be clear, I've kept my head down on threads chuckling at Palace for the last few years and rightly so as it turns out - but this season is shaping up nicely for you to be in deep trouble, in stark contrast to ourselves, so this time round I'm all in. It would be lovely to see you down before my Christmas decorations and there has got to be a chance of this too. As I say, you won't be seen here when that happens - you'll scuttle off like a rat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here