Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given the choice, I’d take a shorter term in the PL that involved Euro qualification over 11 dull years of mid-lower table mediocrity.

Anyway, we’re in outstanding financial shape with a pipeline of talent so would almost certainly come straight back up.
Absolutely.
It's better to have loved and lost than not loved at all.

There's no love and nothing to love up there.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Given the choice, I’d take a shorter term in the PL that involved Euro qualification over 11 dull years of mid-lower table mediocrity.

Anyway, we’re in outstanding financial shape with a pipeline of talent so would almost certainly come straight back up.
I too would prefer to shine brightly and briefly rather than make up the numbers year after year. That said, don't forget they made it to a cup final where their manager was dead classy. So they have that memory to cling to...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There was some goon on Fascist Twitter a few days ago saying that 7 Palace players get into the joint Palace/Brighton team. A slightly less insane Palace fan (but still certifiable) replied that it was no more than 4🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
On last night's performance is there actually a single Palace player who would strengthen our team? Would we take Guehi over JPVH? I wouldn't.
That goon is too stupid to realise that we are a magnet to up and coming players pretty much the world over (I mean, ANSU FATI FFS) in much the same way Palace are a magnet to dull journeyman players looking for a final payday in exchange for keeping them up and who were never that good in the first place (Schlupp, Édouard, Ward, most of their team in fact).

We've got two or three teenage players I'd take over about eight of their starters.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Absolutely.
It's better to have loved and lost than not loved at all.

There's no love and nothing to love up there.
And it's costing them a shed load of cash to tread water in 11th-15th place year on year. Something has to give.

If my back-of-fag-packet calcs are correct, last year's profit (accounts yet to be realeased) should see us just about breaking even after 6 years of PL football and a huge advancement in the strength of the club. Based on 180m transfer income in the summer window, the current year should see us well over 100m in the black.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's 2 things I can't believe:-

I can't believe Will Hughes is getting off so lightly.
&
I can't believe Will Hughes is a Premier League player.

(Add to the compendium of posts that'll come back and arse bite)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
1000009816.jpg

Wowser..11 years though

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Eze and the full back etc suddenly back before our game - happens every year. The luckiest ‘*club’ around.

* Third version of due to cheating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here