[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
26 years on, the club brings in hundreds of millions of pounds to the local economy, and are given the freedom of the city!
There must have been quite a few short sighted tossers on the Council back then .

What do you mean 'back then'. Recently refused Planning for various improvements in and around the ground, yet give permission for the huge monstrosities going up on Lewis Rd, top of Sackville Rd etc ...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Apparently Palace have identified their next manager according to TS. They have been long time admirers of Steve Cooper.
I'd like that. He's quite easy to dislike. I don't like it when Palace are managed by people who I find decent, affable or amusing: Venables, Holloway, Vieira, Hodgson don't make good pantomime villains. Nobody will surpass Pardew, but as Swansea fans mentioned even before he left them, and, as we got a taste of on Saturday, when things go wrong, Cooper is a miserable whinger and blamer. He'd be as easy to dislike as the likes of Pulis, Bruce, Francis and Allison.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Apparently Palace have identified their next manager according to TS. They have been long time admirers of Steve Cooper.
Why would he want to leave a club with both a past and a future for a club with sod all history and a personality disorder. Plus the fact that squad and squad finances are way behind that of forest.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Why would he want to leave a club with both a past and a future for a club with sod all history and a personality disorder. Plus the fact that squad and squad finances are way behind that of forest.
Not sure if you're up to date with you're history, but Palace are currently the oldest football club in the world, which aligns quite nicely with their stadium. So Steve would find his day to day steeped in all of that history.

On top of that allure, how many other clubs are about to spend £100m on improving just one stand? If you follow the logic, this surely means Steve will be involved in a near half billion infrastructure refurb, once all four stands get done, as they surely will.

Joking aside, I genuinely don't see a better prospect for Steve, than Palace. If I was him I would jump at it. Unless of course literally any other club in the prem was an option, or indeed any club from a top-5 European league, or any championship club. Or a football club at a decent university. But other than those, I'd be taking the Palace job.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Quick head up for Palace fans this evening:

BBC1 The One Show followed by Eastenders; BBC2 has got Richard Osman's House of Games, followed by Strictly, It Takes Two or alternatively flick over to BBC4 for Greg Wallace's Christmas Adventures, followed by Christmas at Kew Gardens.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Quick head up for Palace fans this evening:

BBC1 The One Show followed by Eastenders; BBC2 has got Richard Osman's House of Games, followed by Strictly, It Takes Two or alternatively flick over to BBC4 for Greg Wallace's Christmas Adventures, followed by Christmas at Kew Gardens.
Meanwhile

Attachments

• 20231130_135855.jpg
    20231130_135855.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 76

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Good luck with that, Beaky,

Or is it just a cunning plan to limit January transfer window expectations?

Attachments

• IMG_6331.jpeg
    IMG_6331.jpeg
    773.7 KB · Views: 66

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Palace fans biggest fear?

Albion unbeaten away in European football has just thrown its hat into the ring.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I can see Beaky dumping Roy in a heartbeat if Cooper gets sacked as he will not want anyone else getting him. Not very classy.
Why would he want to leave a club with both a past and a future for a club with sod all history and a personality disorder.
I don't think he will have a choice. Rumoured to be under pressure from a twitchy chairman.
Who’s going to say”Told you so “

😂😂😂😂🤡🤡🤡🤡
He must have forgotten about the ringfenced money.
Good luck with that, Beaky,

Or is it just a cunning plan to limit January transfer window expectations?
Both. Fair play if he can pull it off, but two of them have been trying to get out since 2018.

The next level must be so exciting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports