[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I seem to remember @loz (who‘s a decent soul) on here politely reminding us all not to get too Billy Big Bollocks because we’d only finished above them for two seasons, and the first of those was only secured during the second half of the final match.

Fair enough. Now I know there’s a very long way to go but I’m feeling moderately optimistic about our sealing the hat-trick this season.

EDIT - Just saw his post (sent more or less the same time as mine) expressing his disdain for Chelsea. You’ve just got to applaud that sentiment. Fair play to you @loz . You’re one of the good guys.
:thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well for me I can start to relish the demise of what I class as my real hate team, and forget the sort of forced rivalry of palace / Brighton. ( he says through gritted teeth while having his tongue firmly in his cheek )

Chelsea , a team / fans and owners that by rights should be everyone’s hate team , a club with no redeeming features. I can talk football with most fans but if I hear a Chelsea fan talk about football I walk away.

I don’t think any FOOTBALL fan can begrudge what Brighton have accomplished, it may stick in the craw but is undoubtedly pretty impressive.

And as for yesterday game v Fulham, IMHO both teams should have a point deduction for wasting 6 hours of my day a sunny day to watch two fat bald men fight over a comb.
Why are you so nice and normal 🤣 yeh MK Dons and Chelsea have to be the two that actually take the biscuit let’s be honest. Then Leeds. Then massive.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I seem to remember @loz (who‘s a decent soul) on here politely reminding us all not to get too Billy Big Bollocks because we’d only finished above them for two seasons, and the first of those was only secured during the second half of the final match.

Fair enough. Now I know there’s a very long way to go but I’m feeling moderately optimistic about our sealing the hat-trick this season.

EDIT - Just saw his post (sent more or less the same time as mine) expressing his disdain for Chelsea. You’ve just got to applaud that sentiment. Fair play to you @loz . You’re one of the good guys.
:thumbsup:
It’s actually how I talk to palace mates (who I have more respect for then any top 6 ‘fan’ and they do me). The problem here is nsc and poster obsessed Doogle and the postcode prat. That just makes this threads a binfest. Loz is decent and clearly a nice fella so fair play.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s actually how I talk to palace mates (who I have more respect for then any top 6 ‘fan’ and they do me). The problem here is nsc and poster obsessed Doogle and the postcode prat. That just makes this threads a binfest. Loz is decent and clearly a nice fella so fair play.
Blimey high praise indeed.

I think even most palace fans ( not just the haters for the sake of it) look at Brighton and think “ how to Fxxk how they do it,” picking a player from some unknown club and make him into a multi million pound player ?

Don’t get me wrong I love to beat Brighton but most of my palace mates and TBF most football fans look at what you are doing and must be thinking HOW ?

Anyway enough of this cosy chat, I hope you are found out and end up below us 😁

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I think even most palace fans ( not just the haters for the sake of it) look at Brighton and think “ how to Fxxk how they do it,” picking a player from some unknown club and make him into a multi million pound player ?

Don’t get me wrong I love to beat Brighton but most of my palace mates and TBF most football fans look at what you are doing and must be thinking HOW ?

As much chance as UK winning Eurovision or England winning the Rugby World Cup.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Yeh but most of football think that. And remember most nsc regulars have put up with decades of you finishing above us so long may it continue 🤪 it’s a rare time for us and we have to enjoy every moment

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I have an annual wager with a (plastic) Palace fan at work on which team is going to finish higher in the PL.

After Albion winning two on the bounce, he wasn't up for it this season, funnily enough.

So I had to give him a two-place handicap. I'm very confident.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

Simple, we have Bloom you have Parish.

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
I have an annual wager with a (plastic) Palace fan at work on which team is going to finish higher in the PL.

After Albion winning two on the bounce, he wasn't up for it this season, funnily enough.

So I had to give him a two-place handicap. I'm very confident.
I have a Palace supporting friend. His BiL is a Brentford fan. Since Brentford got promoted we formed the 3PL (3 Pint League). If you finish the season above one of the other person’s team they have to buy you 3 pints of beer. We make a night of it at the end of the season and so far I’ve had 2 great nights out and 12 pints of free beer! Looking forward to another 6 pints at the end of this season.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They have been for well over a year now, haven't they?

The usual suspects will come creeping back if and when things turn around.

The way things are going they may need to leave instructions for their children to on and banter with my great grand children

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
100% this, I have family and friends (yes, been discussed so many times on here) who are huge Palace fans and I have taken stick for years, but boy am I enjoying it now. Am I going to ease off, not a f*&^ing chance, my Son bites like a hungry pike, much to the amusement of the rest of the family on both sides. I love them all, and many of my Palace friends I just think some on here have a strange outlook on life. (and on the Palace groups I'm sure). Big love, keep the appropriate banter going and don't take life too seriously.

Last edited:

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Well for me I can start to relish the demise of what I class as my real hate team, and forget the sort of forced rivalry of palace / Brighton. ( he says through gritted teeth while having his tongue firmly in his cheek )

Chelsea , a team / fans and owners that by rights should be everyone’s hate team , a club with no redeeming features. I can talk football with most fans but if I hear a Chelsea fan talk about football I walk away.

I don’t think any FOOTBALL fan can begrudge what Brighton have accomplished, it may stick in the craw but is undoubtedly pretty impressive.

And as for yesterday game v Fulham, IMHO both teams should have a point deduction for wasting 6 hours of my day a sunny day to watch two fat bald men fight over a comb.
agreed with the Chelsea thing. They're the only club whose fans I simply can't converse with. Never met any of them who weren't complete pricks.

I went to London yesterday and there were loads of them travelling up from Sussex. I'm so glad that they had an awful day

TBF I probably hate them more than Palace. Obviously we have a rivalry with Palace but at least I vaguely respect them as a club. Chelsea have nothing likable about them whatsoever

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Anyone needing a laugh then read this.

Always amuses me when people tell us that it can’t last because ‘future players will insist on higher wages and release clauses’. It’s such a basic logic failure. They seem to think that because some players have been sold for huge profits, that all players can argue they will be worth tens of millions in the future. Why isn’t the reverse true? It’s the fact that Brighton enable a player to become successful that allows them to reach those valuations and huge contract offers. How many promising players are there in the world, versus the number of clubs well-run with a good path into the first team and possible success? I’d argue we are more likely to attract talent for reasonable rates, as they want the potential springboard we offer.

On top of that, usually we are buying them before they have made it so will not have many alternatives that can offer what we will. Sure, they can go get more on a big team’s bench, and possibly never get their chance to land a massive contract with Chelsea.

Anyway, just a couple of pence for you ♥️🪿

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Bloody hell. Someone wrote "form is temporary, class is permanent". I think they may have been suggesting they have some class!!! Unbelievable. If they had posted that here I'd have assumed that it was a jolly jape to get a reaction. Seeing it posted there makes me wonder whether they seriously believe that. Nurse! NUUUURSE!!!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I love the fact they keep banging on about 2013 and how it must still hurt for us.

Have they not seen the progression we have made or is it wishful thinking we still hurt?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We definitely have far more in common with Palace and Palace fans than teams like Chelsea and their hoardes of armchair warriors.

The African-based Chelsea fans have been particularly tiresome on social media this season. Although it's perplexing that they are all over the official BHA Twitter every pre-match crowing that we're going to get 'cooked', despite the fact that they have been a disaster so far having won 1 PL game out of 6, and that was against Luton so doesn't really count.

We even seem to have triggered the African ManU contingent this week as well telling us Bournmouth are 'cooking' us yesterday morning, seemingly oblivious to the fact that we comprehensively beat them on their own turf last week for the 4th PL match in a row!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports