Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Don’t really get this line of attack? Who moves on ? It wasn’t , Leicester, Everton,wolves, Southampton or dare I say it Chelsea last season all clubs that have been in the premier league for a few years. And some of those teams spend much more.

I know you are on about Brighton coming 6th and quite rightly proud of that but let’s not hide the fact both Chelsea and Spurs are unlikely to be that Gash again. Not saying BHA won’t but it may be harder ?

In saying that I would love both our clubs to be above Chelsea.
Absolutely - last season was extraordinary how so many of the big clubs were so determined to be so shit. Liverpool gave it a really good go early on but then fell away, Chelsea's consistency was admirable, Spurs put in a herculean effort despite the best efforts of the officials to help them along - so rude and ungrrateful to throw that help back in their faces. Then there are those middling clubs that you would not have expected to be quite so shit such as Leicester, Saints (special mention for the self harm at that club), Everton and Wolves. I saw last year as the toughest PL in many years in terms of fighting to stay up - no out and out basket cases, but the inability to perform at the top end of the table was amazing and we benefited from that.

It will be tough for us this season for all sorts of reasons, losing a top midfield two, additional games, being taken very seriousless as contenders for the top 6 and the big clubs failing to be shit again are all going to be difficult hurdles. Definately would love to see both palace and Albion above Chelsea this year, it would be a successful season iin my eyes wherever we end up.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Don’t really get this line of attack? Who moves on ? It wasn’t , Leicester, Everton,wolves, Southampton or dare I say it Chelsea last season all clubs that have been in the premier league for a few years. And some of those teams spend much more.

I know you are on about Brighton coming 6th and quite rightly proud of that but let’s not hide the fact both Chelsea and Spurs are unlikely to be that Gash again. Not saying BHA won’t but it may be harder ?

Us finishing above Spurs and Chelsea was likely a one off last season. They will both finish above both of us this season I reckon. With Villa resurgent under Emery, 10th will be a great finish.

Beaky just doesn't inspire does he? All he has done this week is keep a player there, i.e. 'as you were'. I guess he can't go a bit radical in case it blows up. Fair enough but boring.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011

I was pondering those that have been promoted in the time Brighton have been in the top tier. Most have dropped back down again which leaves Newcastle, Wolves, Villa and Brentford. Wolves are in trouble and Newcastle got funded into the big 7. So Villa, Brentford and Brighton - we still have to worry about relegation but have moved on from fire-fighting in August.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I was pondering those that have been promoted in the time Brighton have been in the top tier. Most have dropped back down again which leaves Newcastle, Wolves, Villa and Brentford. Wolves are in trouble and Newcastle got funded into the big 7. So Villa, Brentford and Brighton - we still have to worry about relegation but have moved on from fire-fighting in August.
I hadn't realised that it was just us , villa , wolves, and brentford the only ones to stay up since we were promoted- Newcastle is a different case I think, its basically a different club now, but before the saudi money they were I recall in deep deep relegation trouble.

It just shows how hard it is to break into and remain in the Premier league- and shows how good a job CH did with a very limited budget that first two years.

It would be interesting to see which teams have been promoted and remained since Palace came up. Although we take the piss, they have remained safely in the division for a decade, which as shown by who followed us up, is no mean feat

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I hadn't realised that it was just us , villa , wolves, and brentford the only ones to stay up since we were promoted- Newcastle is a different case I think, its basically a different club now, but before the saudi money they were I recall in deep deep relegation trouble.

It just shows how hard it is to break into and remain in the Premier league- and shows how good a job CH did with a very limited budget that first two years.

It would be interesting to see which teams have been promoted and remained since Palace came up. Although we take the piss, they have remained safely in the division for a decade, which as shown by who followed us up, is no mean feat
None. They have done very well in clinging on for ten seasons. Outside the teams mentioned already and the 6 promoted in the last 2 seasons there is just West Ham (promoted 2012) and Everton left. Both not safe from relegation but both which much bigger budgets.

Now that I think about it Loz is right. This is about as good as it gets for Palace.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
None. They have done very well in clinging on for ten seasons. Outside the teams mentioned already and the 6 promoted in the last 2 seasons there is just West Ham (promoted 2012) and Everton left. Both not safe from relegation but both which much bigger budgets.

Now that I think about it Loz is right. This is about as good as it gets for Palace.
Well thank you😁

In my 50 odd years supporting palace this is apart from 1990 ( which was short lived) is as good as I can expect without the injection of Billions, which quite frankly I would hate unless it was another Palace fan.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
As much as I would like Palace to be relegated I don't think it will happen in the near future. They have been in the Prem for 11 consecutive seasons and finished between 10th and 15th in all of them, which is good - plus there are some pretty ropey sides in it this season so I am sure they will finish in their usual mid table position.

As a comparison between us and them we are ahead in most things (if not all) at the moment but things can change quickly. A mid table position for us with the rigors of Europe might be the best we can manage. Always hopeful of another good cup run if the draw is kind.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He didn’t play Saturday as he is out until at least October. And palace managed 11 on the park then. ( just) 😁

and you've now secured him for another four years!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
In bed with the Saudi's??

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ...... I'd be very worried now if I were a Palace fan, Jordan and Parrish may have been a challenge, but the Saudi's are a whole new ball game. Let's hope nobody uses any of that ring fenced new stand money or they'll face Saudi punishment!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
CPFC Sky Transfers showing IN 2 players, OUT 19 players
Brighton IN 9 players OUT 33 players, still think we'll have two more IN's

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agreed - Steven Gerrard as manager, now THIS.
It's crazy though, talking to fans of several other clubs they'd welcome Saudi investment with open arms, with quotes like "Everyone will be Saudi, better to get in early", and "You've got to chase the cash to stay in the EPL". When I said I'd rather play lower leagues than take the cash they thought it mad, so ..... that got me thinking, what would I really want? No change for me supporter at the helm and let's see where that takes us, if it's not to be EPL so be it. (personally I think we'll be fine living of the extravagance of these people in transfers etc.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It's crazy though, talking to fans of several other clubs they'd welcome Saudi investment with open arms, with quotes like "Everyone will be Saudi, better to get in early", and "You've got to chase the cash to stay in the EPL". When I said I'd rather play lower leagues than take the cash they thought it mad, so ..... that got me thinking, what would I really want? No change for me supporter at the helm and let's see where that takes us, if it's not to be EPL so be it. (personally I think we'll be fine living of the extravagance of these people in transfers etc.
I'd rather bathe in my own piss and eat my own poo than accept any Saudi influence at the Albion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's crazy though, talking to fans of several other clubs they'd welcome Saudi investment with open arms, with quotes like "Everyone will be Saudi, better to get in early"
There has to be rules to stop that. Otherwise they could easily damage our league to help theirs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There has to be rules to stop that. Otherwise they could easily damage our league to help theirs.
... and they will, they already own, or are in the process of owning, the Top 6 (except us)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here