Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We signed a young lad from Brazil who I believe is the same sort of player it is hoped.
I thought he was Zaha's replacement?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
putting my dislike of all things Palarse aside I would state that well done the lad and well done Palarse. The lad has clearly chosen a LONG term career path playing regular first team football and that lot have negotiated well. It’s taken a lot for me to say that but given my detestable like for all things CFC I have given ground and salute the player and the team. Shame Caicedo had this fixation with that shit shower of West London not to mention the other unmentionables.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Curious to know whether Romano was making stuff up, or whether Palace have had to squander the bank roll to get him to remove the release fee from his contract.

It's good their managing to keep their best players, but I assume it's at some considerable cost.
If so, Eze is either going to be knocking on their door, or looking elsewhere.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Curious to know whether Romano was making stuff up, or whether Palace have had to squander the bank roll to get him to remove the release fee from his contract.

It's good their managing to keep their best players, but I assume it's at some considerable cost.

My lad who seems to know these things by keeping “in” with the people who are quite often correct, recons it was what I would call a huge pay rise from £30K a week to £100K per week, so not quite Zaha wage but getting up there….

Of course no one actually knows?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
My lad who seems to know these things by keeping “in” with the people who are quite often correct, recons it was what I would call a huge pay rise from £30K a week to £100K per week, so not quite Zaha wage but getting up there….

Of course no one actually knows?
Would guess a sweetener knowing likely to move in future windows if he maintains current trajectory. Palace seem to be being picked off late in the window which must be a worry is there anything in the Eze or Doucare interest as surely those are two you must hold onto if are to remain competitive next season?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

We know that Beaky does not like change and prefers a comfortable regular situation. Roy back and minimal squad changes being the clear evidence. Olise has certainly taken a slice of the salary earmarked for Dibley and no doubt others will want some too. All Beaky achieves is the same staff but at greater cost.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Would guess a sweetener knowing likely to move in future windows if he maintains current trajectory. Palace seem to be being picked off late in the window which must be a worry is there anything in the Eze or Doucare interest as surely those are two you must hold onto if are to remain competitive next season?
Which is surprising as I keep reading on here that Palace don’t have any decent players 😁

Parish has said they are not expecting anyone else to leave unless very serious money is offered.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Surely no more Palace Players are going to fall for the:
"Sign this contract for bigger wages and we'll let you leave if a big club come in for you."
line from Beaky again?

I assume the Palace players speak to each other?
Maybe not.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Which is surprising as I keep reading on here that Palace don’t have any decent players 😁

Parish has said they are not expecting anyone else to leave unless very serious money is offered.
You don't keep reading that though do you.

We think your club is really badly run with no strategy other than "DON'T GET RELEGATED".
The amount of money being spent to maintain a safe distance from the relegation zone, is a constant theme.

A succession of managers getting less from the players than they should, has been an entertaining watch for several seasons.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Didn't Liverpool put a £58m offer in for Doucoure already?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You don't keep reading that though do you.

We think your club is really badly run with no strategy other than "DON'T GET RELEGATED".
The amount of money being spent to maintain a safe distance from the relegation zone, is a constant theme.

A succession of managers getting less from the players than they should, has been an entertaining watch for several seasons.
We have been through this before , but I would have thought all but 6 clubs main strategy is not to get relegated, and hopefully have a decent cup run, which TBF palace have also had in the last 10 years.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We have been through this before , but I would have thought all but 6 clubs main strategy is not to get relegated, and hopefully have a decent cup run, which TBF palace have also had in the last 10 years.
Yeah but with Beaky it seems to be the only, not main, strategy. I'm not knocking him because it has worked so far but sooner or later his 'that'll just about be enough' approach won't be. You only beat clubs that started the day below you last season - that's not great is it?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Yeah but with Beaky it seems to be the only, not main, strategy. I'm not knocking him because it has worked so far but sooner or later his 'that'll just about be enough' approach won't be. You only beat clubs that started the day below you last season - that's not great is it?
I agree last season we were “ Flat track bullies” but i seasons past we have beaten the big 6 both home and away. So no it does not worry me in particular, no good beating Man City then losing to Sheffield United..

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
To be fair it isnt just prince charming with that attitude, seems to be the same at half the teams in the Prem. Mind you most move on from it after 2 or 3 seasons if they do stay up and start aiming a little higher.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah but most other clubs don't run the risk of destroying their finances if they do get relegated.
Some actually factor in the likelihood of relegation into their plans.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
To be fair it isnt just prince charming with that attitude, seems to be the same at half the teams in the Prem. Mind you most move on from it after 2 or 3 seasons if they do stay up and start aiming a little higher.
Don’t really get this line of attack? Who moves on ? It wasn’t , Leicester, Everton,wolves, Southampton or dare I say it Chelsea last season all clubs that have been in the premier league for a few years. And some of those teams spend much more.

I know you are on about Brighton coming 6th and quite rightly proud of that but let’s not hide the fact both Chelsea and Spurs are unlikely to be that Gash again. Not saying BHA won’t but it may be harder ?

In saying that I would love both our clubs to be above Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here