Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They assumed Zaha would sign a new contract and had no plan b worked out.

Don't think they have a plan other than "Don't get relegated"

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now confirmed that Zaha has signed for Galatasary
Great signing video. Zaha walks into their trophy room and says ‘I’ve never seen this number of cups at all’.... dig at Palace?
Unlike players who walk into our trophy room and see the Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup gleaming in splendid solitude.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Unlike players who walk into our trophy room and see the Oxfordshire Benevolent Cup gleaming in splendid solitude.
I think you may have forgotten The Jewish Chronicle Trophy from the 70's!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Millonarios is a club in Colombia. If that's any help.
Ahh, so another pre-season friendly defeat against a team they should be beating. A step up from Barnet potentially but they have a track record in sacking managers due to pre-season friendly results. I wonder if Roy is feeling nervous yet?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ahh, so another pre-season friendly defeat against a team they should be beating. A step up from Barnet potentially but they have a track record in sacking managers due to pre-season friendly results. I wonder if Roy is feeling nervous yet?
To be a little fair to Palace, Millonarios are one of the top teams in Colombia. Which I guess would make them maybe relegation strugglers in the PL...so about Palace's level.

I managed Millonarios in Football Manager this year. Developed a bit of a soft spot for them; that they've done Palace in real life makes me like them even mroe.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
  • That we qualify for European football before them. Oops.
  • That we can turn down bids up to £80M for our players. Oops.
  • That they cannot find a new manager so they have get a 76 year old out of retirement. Oops.
  • That Beaky's vanity project new stand is not opened when planned. Oops.
The answer is relegation. It always is. That would be so funny, but sadly we won't see it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
  • That they cannot find a new manager so they have get a 76 year old out of retirement. Oops.
The answer is relegation. It always is. That would be so funny, but sadly we won't see it.
They’re doing well in the context of their history whereas we’re in completely uncharted waters. I feel the gap has widened which must be a bit gutting for them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

They have a significant fly in the ointment with the new stand, I believe, they have the car park but can't buy a garden they need to make the project work. That's according to a long suffering Palace fan I know

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
They have a significant fly in the ointment with the new stand, I believe, they have the car park but can't buy a garden they need to make the project work. That's according to a long suffering Palace fan I know
Probably part of Tony’s property portfolio…

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Looks like Olise is Chelsea's main target now the are not targeting Moses (that's their way of trying to play our Tony, that won't work for them)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Probably part of Tony’s property portfolio…
Imagine, just imagine, the smirk on his face if he had indeed purchased a piece of land they needed to get hold of.

As shithousery goes I don't think you could beat it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Imagine, just imagine, the smirk on his face if he had indeed purchased a piece of land they needed to get hold of.

As shithousery goes I don't think you could beat it.

That would mean we'd need to immediately fund raise for a statue of the great man, if we shouldn't be doing that already

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sky Sports only showing one player IN and about a dozen OUT for our city cousins!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

So our third choice, want away, never play for the Albion again keeper has been sold for £10m less than palace's best player.

Either there's some serious 4d chess being played up the road.
Or
They ain't got a fudging clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here