Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
, but also frustrating as you don't seem able to keep up!W
We have finished higher than them 4 times in 35 years and even recently they have been respectfully mid table. Things can change very quickly. Let's not get too braggy yet, it makes us look pretty twatish imo.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have finished higher than them 4 times in 35 years and even recently they have been respectfully mid table. Things can change very quickly. Let's not get too braggy yet, it makes us look pretty twatish imo.
That was then, this is now…mind the gap :lolol:

#twattish

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nah, we've been building to where we are now for almost a decade and seem to get stronger by the season. Palace have been treading water in the PL for the same amount of time and are on the verge of losing the player that has been a huge part in that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Football fans in 'overreacting to get temporary one over on biggest rivals' SHOCKER!

Every club's message board up and down the country will be full of stuff like this that one or the other 'side' will quote at some point in the future to prove a point or gloat about.

Having said that, I do agree with you that some of the rhetoric on here is OTT. It's the start of a brand new season where anything can happen and either club could finish anywhere. The previous season's 'achievements' of both clubs will be long forgotten. Until the next time there is something for either side to get al excited about!
You almost had me in agreement.

I find it hard to believe our 2022/23 will be long forgotten.
The only way that's forgotten is if it's bettered - something that seems highly unlikely.

Us losing to Luton (come on we're all thinking it) and palace winning won't have me saying 'oh no last season is long forgotten, I was so silly in the off-season', when the goons come scurrying back shouting "mind the gap".

Next season we could finish 2nd or 20th.
We could win or lose every game in the Europa League.
We could follow palace's example and get kicked out of the domestic cups asap, or make it to a final.

I'd take our worst season when compared to 'hopefully we'll finish nearly top 10, again'.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You almost had me in agreement.

I find it hard to believe our 2022/23 will be long forgotten.
The only way that's forgotten is if it's bettered - something that seems highly unlikely.

Us losing to Luton (come on we're all thinking it) and palace winning won't have me saying 'oh no last season is long forgotten, I was so silly in the off-season', when the goons come scurrying back shouting "mind the gap".

Next season we could finish 2nd or 20th.
We could win or lose every game in the Europa League.
We could follow palace's example and get kicked out of the domestic cups asap, or make it to a final.

I'd take our worst season when compared to 'hopefully we'll finish nearly top 10, again'.
I meant more 'long forgotten' by the opposition, especially if, for example, there is something for Palace fans to crow about.

BTW, I can't believe you've written off our title challenge already!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Thank you for that.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Too be fair, the 1989/190 and 1990/91 seasons still hold great memories for me. A cup final that we came close to winning, and 3rd place in the top league. The opposition may not have been what it is today, with less money involved, but its still our best couple of seasons in history, and if UEFA had a pair, then we would have had a season in Europe.

Unless of course that doesn't count as that was before both administrations, although I still supported the team at the time.

We were even top of the top league for 1 week 10 years before that, when we were dubbed the team of the eighties.

Anyway, best pop off and check today's new signings and the latest time lapse on the new stand development

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Too be fair, the 1989/190 and 1990/91 seasons still hold great memories for me. A cup final that we came close to winning, and 3rd place in the top league. The opposition may not have been what it is today, with less money involved, but its still our best couple of seasons in history, and if UEFA had a pair, then we would have had a season in Europe.

Unless of course that doesn't count as that was before both administrations, although I still supported the team at the time.

We were even top of the top league for 1 week 10 years before that, when we were dubbed the team of the eighties.

Anyway, best pop off and check today's new signings and the latest time lapse on the new stand development
Team of the 80s was an absolute joke. Very strange thing to come up with, similar to the NHS bus during Brexit.

Agree with the rest. Different times but good times when teams promoted could have reasonable expectations of nearing the top without bankrupting themselves.

Mind you, Palace did end up bankrupting themselves of course, several times. Or was it three?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Team of the 80s was an absolute joke. Very strange thing to come up with, similar to the NHS bus during Brexit.

Agree with the rest. Different times but good times when teams promoted could have reasonable expectations of nearing the top without bankrupting themselves.

Mind you, Palace did end up bankrupting themselves of course, several times. Or was it three?
TBF the press gave Palace that tag not the club. I think it was the Vanables factor.

As you know full well Palace have never been bankrupt, they continued as a club with an administer running the club until it was sold. Not a good look I grant you but not in the fans hands so not much we could do about it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I still think he'll get cold feet and sign Palace' s contract. The other three might be more money, but he was useless whenever he's not lived in South London. Like Dunky, he needs home. If Cardiff and Manchester were too much of a culture shock for him, how's he going to manage in Italy, Turkey or Saudi Arabia?
He was driving to the airport but had to take a detour due to roadworks, ended up driving past the Mural and the rest was history

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
TBF the press gave Palace that tag not the club. I think it was the Vanables factor.

As you know full well Palace have never been bankrupt, they continued as a club with an administer running the club until it was sold. Not a good look I grant you but not in the fans hands so not much we could do about it.
Yes it was a media thing for sure. As for administration, it is a very thin line between that and bankrupcy. The only difference in reality being the industry. Any other and Palace were bankrupt.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry I’m a bit late to the party, Real life life has seriously got in the way of posting both here and on the BBS.

Genuine congratulations on an astoundingly season.

Good luck in Europe.
Thank you, we are understandably still bubbling with it all. I hope you are in a more peaceful position than it sounds you've been of late. Football rivalries are pantomimes and that shouldn't be forgotten.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So, young Mr Tumble is waiting for his agent's contract to end before making a move ..... interesting

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think he’ll go to Saudi, £300k a week, big signing on fee and no leeching agent taking 10%.

Couldn't agree more but think he'll get homesick and lose a load of tax benefit coming back early!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here