Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Article in athletic supporting the view that Pottet saw Palace as too much of a drop in status/quality/potential/everything. This from a Palace following media bod:-

there was also a question mark over whether Potter was ready to return to football following his bruising time at Stamford Bridge and if he would set his sights higher than Palace when he did.
And yet my dear friend Doogle suggested I had an imaginary friend… Oops 😬

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
As I have said before, top 10 is the plan with the occasional cup run, Palace have not got the budget for anything more, that’s just reality.

You have got to think most seasons there will be. Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, man united, Chelsea, spurs and now Newcastle in the top 10, so most seasons there will be 3 places for the other 13 clubs to fight for.

I say most seasons as I can’t believe as much as I want to the spurs and Chelsea will be so shithouse.

Basically top 10 is the plan for most teams and if achieved must be thought of as being “ best of the rest”
A very balanced view as always Loz.
I think a season more of Roy with a clear succession plan is as low risk an approach as possible.
It doesn’t appear as if Palace are very active in the transfer market though. Is it a case of a successful window being able to keep hold of Guehi, Eze and Olise?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You are a pathetic desperate attention seeking loser. Sort your life out you bellend.

Look at loz's posts and learn. A decent poster who we like to interact with.
E2C7A4C2-437A-4531-B7F7-C57AEB04B095.png

Harsh - he’s just having a read up on a youngster we’ve been loosely linked to right now - what else would you be doing on a Monday evening 😬

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the news of Roy's appointment, he does say that the target is a top half finish, which I would happily take now. Who knows, Wilf could become his first signing! At least IF he does sign again, I believe we would lose the sell on clause to ManUre from when he returned

Losing the sell on clause won’t really matter because who will pay good money for him if you give him the 4 year deal that’s on the table. He’ll be nearly 35 at the end of it , anyway.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Losing the sell on clause won’t really matter because who will pay good money for him if you give him the 4 year deal that’s on the table. He’ll be nearly 35 at the end of it , anyway.
He should've taken the £200k when it was on offer ...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He should've taken the £200k when it was on offer ...
I get the feeling this might be Wilf's 2 fingers to Beaky, after he welched on the verbal agreement on the last contract.
He was pretty pissed when he realised he had been conned.

Zaha has taken every penny from the contract and will be looking for a big free agent signing on fee.
If Palace want him back, it will be £200k a week + signing on fee (which they haven't got)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I get the feeling this might be Wilf's 2 fingers to Beaky, after he welched on the verbal agreement on the last contract.
He was pretty pissed when he realised he had been conned.

Zaha has taken every penny from the contract and will be looking for a big free agent signing on fee.
If Palace want him back, it will be £200k a week + signing on fee (which they haven't got)

I cannot understand why any club would pay him £200,000per week, we've never gone anywhere near those levels of wages, that's £10m+ per year, it's just staggering for an average player at an average club

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
10 million if he helps them to stay up, is not a bad outlay to be fair.
I believe their fans are looking for another (not quite) top 10 finish, next season.
I doubt Wilf, or Roy for that matter, can help with that.

Although he might be able to assist in their cup runs, assuming palace maintain the success of last season.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I still think he'll get cold feet and sign Palace' s contract. The other three might be more money, but he was useless whenever he's not lived in South London. Like Dunky, he needs home. If Cardiff and Manchester were too much of a culture shock for him, how's he going to manage in Italy, Turkey or Saudi Arabia?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Wow they've renewed all those cloggers?! We are light years away from this rubbish now. Ballers coming out of our ears and palace have to put up with another season of these donkeys.

Hilarious.
As I mentioned a few days ago, number 1 priority is avoiding relegation, and will always be so for a club of our size, competing against the bigger London clubs. You may well have moved on and left us behind, in which case good luck to you. Perhaps you should look to appoint new rivals if we are no longer worthy

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
I still think he'll get cold feet and sign Palace' s contract. The other three might be more money, but he was useless whenever he's not lived in South London. Like Dunky, he needs home. If Cardiff and Manchester were too much of a culture shock for him, how's he going to manage in Italy, Turkey or Saudi Arabia?
Do you think Dunky will ever go elsewhere?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Come on, every player dreams of playing in the SüperLig or the دوري المحترفين السعودي

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
10 million if he helps them to stay up, is not a bad outlay to be fair.

But the impact of the dressing room with 10-15% of the wages budget going on one player, why would you allow such a salary to be paid?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here