Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have seen a few Palace accounts explaining the lack of any meaningful signings as being due to the new stand.
Question for Palace fans.

How do you feel about the new stand?
Is it a priority?

I don't see how you can expect to see any increase in revenue, in the short term, unless the owners are going to write-off the investment (£200m).
Surely that's unlikely isn't it?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
In the news of Roy's appointment, he does say that the target is a top half finish, which I would happily take now. Who knows, Wilf could become his first signing! At least IF he does sign again, I believe we would lose the sell on clause to ManUre from when he returned
top ten finish my arse.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just shown that to a colleague who is palace. Her face was priceless. 😀
It is actually a real shame that they are taking advantage of an elderly person, probably offered him a lifetimes supply of Werther's original's and a bus pass.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I will admit jealousy to you going on a European tour, regardless of who its against. We had one game in the InterToto cup back in the day, against an unknown Turkish team. The big regret is when we finished 3rd in the top division in 1991, but never got to play in Europe the following season. Firstly, there were only a couple of places up for grabs as England were only just starting up again in Europe after Heysel, and then UEFA reduced the additional ban against Liverpool, who finished 2nd, to mean we lost out on a place.
Best chance we ever had of finishing in a European place
Pls can your lot stop comparing finishing bottom of the league and having one game in a trial competition (as nobody else applied for it) in the same sentence as what we’ve achieved. It’s desperate. Thanks.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
In the news of Roy's appointment, he does say that the target is a top half finish, which I would happily take now. Who knows, Wilf could become his first signing! At least IF he does sign again, I believe we would lose the sell on clause to ManUre from when he returned
Roy still your manager.
Zaha your 'first' signing.
No progress on the new stand.
Somewhere close to Top Ten the only ambition.

groundhog-day-800-d902871ec3f444ed9ee74681effd8d99.jpg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Welcome Roy. Onwards and upwards.
I think that looking at the positions for the last ten seasons we can conclude that it will be onwards and sideways.

Palace, 11th-14th anyone ? No prizes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Welcome Roy. Onwards and upwards.
When I think about modern, progressive, 2023 Premier League football, I think about Ray ‘bloody’ Lewington. What-a-coach!

Just a bit ruddy jealous of you guys here on the south coast with a bunch of unknown no-name Italians. Whilst we could be toast, you’ll be shooting for the top 6!

Best of luck next season.

IMG_2868.jpeg

I will admit jealousy to you going on a European tour, regardless of who its against. We had one game in the InterToto cup back in the day, against an unknown Turkish team. The big regret is when we finished 3rd in the top division in 1991, but never got to play in Europe the following season. Firstly, there were only a couple of places up for grabs as England were only just starting up again in Europe after Heysel, and then UEFA reduced the additional ban against Liverpool, who finished 2nd, to mean we lost out on a place.
Best chance we ever had of finishing in a European place
That is not comparable to what we achieved you goon.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Article in athletic supporting the view that Pottet saw Palace as too much of a drop in status/quality/potential/everything. This from a Palace following media bod:-

there was also a question mark over whether Potter was ready to return to football following his bruising time at Stamford Bridge and if he would set his sights higher than Palace when he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here