Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Palace do own the academy and it’s pretty big 6 full size pitches 1 full size 3G pitch and 1 full size indoor pitch…it might not be as big as your woman’s hub but it’s 50 acres In total, the Crystal Palace Training Ground and Academy facility amasses over 50 acres, which considering that it's located within an area of South London that's only a short journey from the centre of the capital, is pretty impressive.

I've visited the new Palace academy several times and it is a decent set up. Certainly a lot better than West Ham or Fulham's for instance and bigger than Arsenal's.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I'm very late to the Potter/Palace party but would like to add that it seems to make sense for Graham, make sense for Palace and would really add something to the rivalry, especially if Zaha is off. So please make it happen.
Potter doesn't have the emotional intelligence to cope with the abuse he would get.
He wilted in front of the crowd at the Amex against Chelsea, it would go up another level if he turned up as Palace manager.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very true and noted by my mates now and they don't sing that song anymore. Palace fans still sing it and the 'Brighton take it up the xxx' song and then Claim to be a club with a diversity morales? Club might be but they need to educate some of the idiots that follow them

Agreed.

and before you say we sing songs about burning down your town etc, my comment remains, bad both sides and needs to stop. Banter is fine, but keep it honest.

Saying 'you burned your own town' is not libelous and its not discriminatory. Its the sort of silly thing fans should be able to sing if they like IMO. Just like Southern softies, dirty northern bas***** etc. They call us Weed, that's all fine. Not too be confused with homophobia.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm very late to the Potter/Palace party but would like to add that it seems to make sense for Graham, make sense for Palace and would really add something to the rivalry, especially if Zaha is off. So please make it happen.
I don't think it makes sense for Potter. It takes a long time for him to get his players playing his way, and Palace have a strong history of sacking managers who don't get points quickly.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
*Some* Palace fans may sing it, but there'll be plenty who won't.

Every club has its fair share of pricks following them.

There will be people following the Albion who sing and say things that neither fit with the club's ethics and moral stance nor, frankly, with mine, eg...

This song and the "we're gonna have a party when...." song are just utterly pathetic and we should have nothing to do with them. They are disgusting and should beneath us. Plenty more songs that you can sing at Palace without resorting to the sewer.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Agreed.

Saying 'you burned your own town' is not libelous and its not discriminatory. Its the sort of silly thing fans should be able to sing if they like IMO. Just like Southern softies, dirty northern bas***** etc. They call us Weed, that's all fine. Not too be confused with homophobia.
Not libellous, but pretty immature in
My view. I doubt if any Palace fans we involved in the riots. A lot of business's folded because of that, nothing to be proud of and if we want to have the Morale higher ground then fans should think about what we are chanting.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Meanwhile in Za-la-land it seems no other clubs are stupid enough to offer an out of contract Zaha £200k a week apart from our friends up the road. Surely the top clubs will be on the phone anytime soon……

Attachments

• 46789CEC-2AEE-483D-A0B3-FBAF36546F4D.jpeg
    46789CEC-2AEE-483D-A0B3-FBAF36546F4D.jpeg
    67.1 KB · Views: 63

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Not libellous, but pretty immature in
My view. I doubt if any Palace fans we involved in the riots. A lot of business's folded because of that, nothing to be proud of and if we want to have the Morale higher ground then fans should think about what we are chanting.
It is because it is silly and immature that it is an ideal topic for a daft football chant. I do wonder what anti-palace chants are acceptable from your moral high ground if this one is not? There are no racist, sexist, ageist nor homophobic slurs, no incitements to, nor glorification of violence, no demands to demonstrate hatred through physical acts, just roundly condemning acts of arson and rioting that ultimately made their own neighbourhoods worse than they were. The suggestion that they should have burnt more is obviously a joke.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
What 2 players are you talking about?

Would it be Dunk and Bissouma?

If it is, Bissouma was never charged, and Dunk was found not guilty after a trial and the young lady in question later confessed that she had lied about the whole thing.
You obviously don’t get innocent until proven guilty as you have hinted pretty strongly that they both had a case to answer. I would suggest your post is border line libellous.

@Bozza, I think this fell needs a ban to consider his posts.
I was interested in how the situations were different, and clearly I have been educated by the facts of the situation. I am not one of those who sings "She said no" as I am sure you dont sing about Wilf getting Malaria. Despite the audio message, Greenwood has not been charged, because his gf has decided not to pursue it, yet Man U are still deciding what to do about him. (Not defending Man Ure by the way, as I dislike everything that club stands for)
Someone mentioned Neil Shipperley, and while what he did was wrong, he left the club many years ago, although whoever monitors the club fb page may need reminding and taking down the post.
As for the main stand, I'll plead the 5th on that one

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just noticed that in the nine seasons they have had upstairs since 2013, every year they have finished between 10th and 15th with 41-49 points (10th once)

They are currently 12th with 43 points and cannot move out that bracket.

Must be very dull being a Palace fan

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
It is because it is silly and immature that it is an ideal topic for a daft football chant. I do wonder what anti-palace chants are acceptable from your moral high ground if this one is not? There are no racist, sexist, ageist nor homophobic slurs, no incitements to, nor glorification of violence, no demands to demonstrate hatred through physical acts, just roundly condemning acts of arson and rioting that ultimately made their own neighbourhoods worse than they were. The suggestion that they should have burnt more is obviously a joke.
As said, immature and if we want to have a go at Palace we need to get our own house ir order. Would disagree that it is not glorification of violence though. Anyway my morals must be a bit higher than yours, which if fine and we can agree to disagree.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
As said, immature and if we want to have a go at Palace we need to get our own house ir order. Would disagree that it is not glorification of violence though. Anyway my morals must be a bit higher than yours, which if fine and we can agree to disagree.
I think there is a world of difference between immature silliness and libel, hatred or abuse. You still hold the moral high ground when being silly compared to a racist or a malicious liar. No need to be pure as driven snow in order to look done on a scum bag.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Most palace supporters are impressed with what Brighton are achieving TBH, a few who get off on the pantomime rivalries…you must remember the locality of most palace fans divides the rivalry and there is a lot more hate from BHA towards palace than comes the other way.
I think that's because your fans know we are so far ahead now that they claim they are not bothered by us anymore when in fact it irks the life out of them how well run we are and you can't compete with us anymore.

I'm sure if you over take us, your fans would be interested again.

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
I was interested in how the situations were different, and clearly I have been educated by the facts of the situation. I am not one of those who sings "She said no" as I am sure you dont sing about Wilf getting Malaria. Despite the audio message, Greenwood has not been charged, because his gf has decided not to pursue it, yet Man U are still deciding what to do about him. (Not defending Man Ure by the way, as I dislike everything that club stands for)
Someone mentioned Neil Shipperley, and while what he did was wrong, he left the club many years ago, although whoever monitors the club fb page may need reminding and taking down the post.
Greenwood was charged with attempted rape. These charges were dropped earlier this year.
https://www.walkermorris.co.uk/in-brief/mason-greenwood-charges-dropped/

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I think that's because your fans know we are so far ahead now that they claim they are not bothered by us anymore when in fact it irks the life out of them how well run we are and you can't compete with us anymore.

I'm sure if you over take us, your fans would be interested again.

Well Leicester, West Ham and Southampton were far ahead of us a few years ago…not so much now.

But yes enjoy it it may last it may not ??

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Here is one of your "fans" on twitter yesterday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517-171051_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517-171051_Twitter.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 131

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I think you ought to read up about the David Goodwillie rape case in 2011. Although found no case to answer due to lack of evidence, the victim’ was awarded £11,000 in criminal injuries when it was ruled that, in all likelihood, she had been raped.
Goodwillie was ordered to pay £100,000 compensation to the victim when a civil prosecution was found in her favour against him in 2016.

Goodwillie signed on loan to Crystal Palace in 2012.

That moral high ground just got a great deal higher to climb

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Well Leicester, West Ham and Southampton were far ahead of us a few years ago…not so much now.

But yes enjoy it it may last it may not ??
The old Leicester and Southampton argument.

A massive difference is they changed owners and direction, then turned to shit.

Anyone who knows anything about football, and don't have an agenda, can see this.

It's lazy and wishful thinking to compare us to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here