Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
At least 2 players were spoken to by the police, and in both cases Brighton did nothing and let them carry on as if nothing happened. Same with the unnamed player at Arsenal. Whereas Man u immediately suspended Mason Greenwood, and an unnamed Everton player hasnt been seen since he was accused. I get the innocent until proved guilty argument, but in my job, if I were charged with a crime, I would be suspended pending the results

You've let yourself down there.
The fact that neither players were found guilty should see the matter dropped and certainly not used for point scoring.

In regards to the incidents in question, the club would have been heavily engaged with the police and lawyers, and would have had a clear understanding on the charges, the severity of the alleged assaults and likely outcomes of each case.
In both cases the club would have done their due diligence, before making decisions on what actions they should take.

Bissouma did not play for several games, after his arrest.
But did start playing again and was never charged with an offense.

Dunk was charged and played very few times,during the season leading up to his court case.
He was found not guilty with the other 3 defendants.
The accuser later confirmed she had lied to police and her employers.

Palace fans contest to this day that the club paid off the woman in question and still sing "She said no".
Implying rape, which is not the offence that Dunk was charged with.

Apparently this is acceptable "banter".

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Palace fans contest to this day that the club paid off the woman in question and still sing "She said no".

The fact that so many of their 'fans' sing this merely confirms their position as oozing sewer slime that has somehow risen up to infest that part of London and offend every right minded person. Disgusting bunch of individuals.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I have a few Palace mates and they are all decent guys, who, like us, just love and support their team. They hate the Ultras and can't understand why Parish gives them support and priority. I suggested that they got together with other fans to try and rid these idiots from their club, but a lot of apathy as they think it would not make and difference with Parish. They are realistic fans and think that they wlll only be an mid table club with Parish and the other owners who don't want to be there. They also think that Parish keeps using planning excuses for the new stand as delay tactics as they don't have the money to build it as the American owners will not fund it. Bottom line is that they have some very decent fans who respect what we have done as a club, but obviously not happy about it though. They also think Zaha has made his mind up to go, which I think could be beneficial to them long term as they totally rely on him at the moment and this needs changing.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Don't forget the new Academy that isn't as big as our Women's Hub at Lancing. And they don't own it. .

Palace do own the academy and it’s pretty big 6 full size pitches 1 full size 3G pitch and 1 full size indoor pitch…it might not be as big as your woman’s hub but it’s 50 acres In total, the Crystal Palace Training Ground and Academy facility amasses over 50 acres, which considering that it's located within an area of South London that's only a short journey from the centre of the capital, is pretty impressive.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I have a few Palace mates and they are all decent guys, who, like us, just love and support their team. They hate the Ultras and can't understand why Parish gives them support and priority. I suggested that they got together with other fans to try and rid these idiots from their club, but a lot of apathy as they think it would not make and difference with Parish. They are realistic fans and think that they wlll only be an mid table club with Parish and the other owners who don't want to be there. They also think that Parish keeps using planning excuses for the new stand as delay tactics as they don't have the money to build it as the American owners will not fund it. Bottom line is that they have some very decent fans who respect what we have done as a club, but obviously not happy about it though. They also think Zaha has made his mind up to go, which I think could be beneficial to them long term as they totally rely on him at the moment and this needs changing.
Most palace supporters are impressed with what Brighton are achieving TBH, a few who get off on the pantomime rivalries…you must remember the locality of most palace fans divides the rivalry and there is a lot more hate from BHA towards palace than comes the other way.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Most palace supporters are impressed with what Brighton are achieving TBH, a few who get off on the pantomime rivalries…you must remember the locality of most palace fans divides the rivalry and there is a lot more hate from BHA towards palace than comes the other way.
Well I don't hate Palace, hate is a strong word. As said have very good mates who are great Palace fans plus one who will never go back whilst Parish in charge as he was kicked out of his seat to satisfy his weird love of the hooded hooligans. Have a look at social media attacks on us by your fans, which might not serve your argument well. Both sides have social media idiots, which I don't class you as one. Your discussions are normally fine and respect your views.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
How do you quantify that?
seems very comparable to me.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just to clarify, not only was Dunk not charged with rape, he did not not have any sexual relationship with the woman and was never accused of having sex with her. It's just Palace made up nonsense.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Just to clarify, not only was Dunk not charged with rape, he did not not have any sexual relationship with the woman and was never accused of having sex with her. It's just Palace made up nonsense.
Very true and noted by my mates now and they don't sing that song anymore. Palace fans still sing it and the 'Brighton take it up the xxx' song and then Claim to be a club with a diversity morales? Club might be but they need to educate some of the idiots that follow them and before you say we sing songs about burning down your town etc, my comment remains, bad both sides and needs to stop. Banter is fine, but keep it honest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very true and noted by my mates now and they don't sing that song anymore. Palace fans still sing it and the 'Brighton take it up the xxx' song and then Claim to be a club with a diversity morales? Club might be but they need to educate some of the idiots that follow them and before you say we sing songs about burning down your town etc, my comment remains, bad both sides and needs to stop. Banter is fine, but keep it honest.
*Some* Palace fans may sing it, but there'll be plenty who won't.

Every club has its fair share of pricks following them.

There will be people following the Albion who sing and say things that neither fit with the club's ethics and moral stance nor, frankly, with mine, eg...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You've let yourself down there.
The fact that neither players were found guilty should see the matter dropped and certainly not used for point scoring.

In regards to the incidents in question, the club would have been heavily engaged with the police and lawyers, and would have had a clear understanding on the charges, the severity of the alleged assaults and likely outcomes of each case.
In both cases the club would have done their due diligence, before making decisions on what actions they should take.

Bissouma did not play for several games, after his arrest.
But did start playing again and was never charged with an offense.

Dunk was charged and played very few times,during the season leading up to his court case.
He was found not guilty with the other 3 defendants.
The accuser later confirmed she had lied to police and her employers.

Is the bit about the accuser confirmaing that she'd lied about it correct? I remember that there were defense witnesses that said, under oath, that she had a history of making up tall stories., such as claiming a close family member had died. But I'd have thought that if she actually admitted lying about it then she'd have been charged with wasting police time

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is the bit about the accuser confirmaing that she'd lied about it correct? I remember that there were defense witnesses that said, under oath, that she had a history of making up tall stories., such as claiming a close family member had died. But I'd have thought that if she actually admitted lying about it then she'd have been charged with wasting police time
From the BBC:

"The woman was said to have "told a pack of lies" following the incident and agreed she lied to police and her employer"

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Palace do own the academy and it’s pretty big 6 full size pitches 1 full size 3G pitch and 1 full size indoor pitch…it might not be as big as your woman’s hub but it’s 50 acres In total, the Crystal Palace Training Ground and Academy facility amasses over 50 acres, which considering that it's located within an area of South London that's only a short journey from the centre of the capital, is pretty impressive.
It's in Kent. Only a political decision decided it should be in Greater London changed it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm very late to the Potter/Palace party but would like to add that it seems to make sense for Graham, make sense for Palace and would really add something to the rivalry, especially if Zaha is off. So please make it happen.
I much prefer the term rivalry than hatred, I'm like most of you, enjoy the chat and have Palace family and friends, so can't join the "haters".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here