Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I really don’t think Palace will go down, but if they get nothing against City, us and Arsenal, they then have a run of 6 games against the teams squabbling for survival below them. This is Palace’s season defining period, they are well and truly in the relegation mix if they don’t beat at least a couple of them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
12th sounds secure but they’re actually only 6 points clear of bottom place as things stand - they’re closer to bottom than they are to 11th in terms of points!

There’s no chance that they remain 12th over the next 3 games, especially if we play our part and they lose all 3.
I hope you are right. We also need to do our bit for teams around Palace in terms of their goal difference. It’s not too bad currently but hopefully, we won’t be missing Mac Allister hat-ricks when they come to the Amex and we can help get it over -20 along with Arsenal and Citeh in March.

This could be Wilf’s last rivalry game, it’s incredibly important that we make it one he’ll never be able to forget, even with expensive PTS treatment. A sound thrashing for Palace will leave him with never ending regret and a permanent dread of the fixture.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I really don’t think Palace will go down, but if they get nothing against City, us and Arsenal, they then have a run of 6 games against the teams squabbling for survival below them. This is Palace’s season defining period, they are well and truly in the relegation mix if they don’t beat at least a couple of them.
After Arsenal, 8 of their last 10 games are against the current bottom 8. Given how close it is down there - ie 6 points between 12th-20th - all 8 of those games are potentially 6 pointers.

In their situation you’d probably prefer to be having a run in against bottom-half teams, and they’ll probably get the 9-10 points needed for safety, but it’ll certainly provide us with some entertainment from an outside point of view.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
No chance of Palace going down IMO. Despite a bad run of results. They have more than enough to stay up.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
For years I've wished us to be in a division above Palace but actually worry now that if it happens we could spend quite a few years without the rivalry game. I'd miss it, and as much as I hate them do feel solidarity with them in many ways as a fellow other 12 Premier league club against the mega rich filth.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
For years I've wished us to be in a division above Palace but actually worry now that if it happens we could spend quite a few years without the rivalry game. I'd miss it, and as much as I hate them do feel solidarity with them in many ways as a fellow other 12 Premier league club against the mega rich filth.
Exactly this. Be careful what you wish for.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I still want them to fall into the bottom three on the last day.
I'd rather they somehow fell into the bottom 3 immediately, suffered from now until the end of the season, including multiple trouncings, but survived by the skin of their teeth on the last day. Then they would go into next season racked with self doubt, fearful of another season of turgid, chanceless bobbins football and desperate to live another day, and could do it all again next year.

See also, Leeds United

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I'd rather they somehow fell into the bottom 3 immediately, suffered from now until the end of the season, including multiple trouncings, but survived by the skin of their teeth on the last day. Then they would go into next season racked with self doubt, fearful of another season of turgid, chanceless bobbins football and desperate to live another day, and could do it all again next year.

See also, Leeds United
Nah Leeds relegated ASAP gets my vote. Palace relegated same season we win the league is my ideal outcome 👌

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Getting back to Mr Tumble, a good mate of mine is an Arsenal fan, talking to him last week he reckons 2 years ago they would have been interested, but not any longer; literally past his Sell By Date...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No chance of Palace going down IMO. Despite a bad run of results. They have more than enough to stay up.
They still have a bit of work to do. 34-36 points has been the requirement to avoid relegation for several seasons now, but with it being so close in the mid-lower table I reckon it could be a couple of points more this season and I wouldn't back against GD being a factor on the final day.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agreed. We all know how it works there. Turgid football throughout. An embarrassing run of results for half a season compensated by half a season of spawny deflected goals, penalty’s incorrectly awarded through mainly dives by gravity whore and a number of lucky deflected goals and points (West Ham / Villa spring to mind for them already this season - oh and our game of course). It’s the Palace2010 version way - but it’s a tediously shit way - especially for their 10,000 fans and even the Spurs etc ones that appeared since they somehow fluked Premier League football. Their model is never sustainable and when they do go down eventually, there will be nothing to show for it - not even memories of great performances which we will thankfully always have. Ruined club of 13 years.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think you are right but perhaps there is a chance.

However despite their no win this year run they have picked up some useful draws against the bigger teams - Liverpool, Man Utd, Newcastle, Brentford and Brighton :ROFLMAO:

Hoping Man City put them in their place Saturday if they can avoid the non stop clogging on a rutted pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here