Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
You really don't get it do you. A lot of that money has been invested in the future of the club. A proper stadium because of being shafted by previous owners, top training facilities that all of our players can use, male or female, from the kids up to the first team (free of charge too). Tony Bloom hasn't just thrown money at becoming a PL club. He made sure the infrastructure was there to support becoming a Premier League club first. Your mob can't even get their tribute to our West Stand built and continue throwing money mainly at wages. If you get relegated it will be admin number 3 or 4, I've lost count.

It would be admin 3 if it happens. What would have happened if Mr Bloom had not come along? You being shafted by previous owners is not dissimilar to us, but we didnt have quite as rich a supporter to come along and gift us money to change the infrastructure

Palace have said they are committed to building a new stand, and we do not need new planning permission. These things do take time. How long did it take for you guys to get approval for Falmer and then get it built?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
So add your handouts from the EPL to the £400 million (I stand corrected) and counting, and I suspect you will also have had over £1bn income, and managed to have a shiny out of town bowl, training facilities, 1 top 10 finish, more than 50 points, and 2 seasons out of I dont know how many finishing above your rivals, one of which doesnt count because it was bettered by losing in the play offs

Yeah we've spent about 1.1bn
You've spent £1.3bn + however much you raised from the sell off to the yanks.

For which we have a new stadium/Training complex - A huge squad, with plenty of young players on loan at European/Championship clubs.
We have a strategy in place to try and improve the standing of the club.

Sure you won the playoffs, well done. What have you done with it?
You had a 4 year head start on us, Spent £200m more and now find yourselves miles behind us.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It would be admin 3 if it happens. What would have happened if Mr Bloom had not come along? You being shafted by previous owners is not dissimilar to us, but we didnt have quite as rich a supporter to come along and gift us money to change the infrastructure

Palace have said they are committed to building a new stand, and we do not need new planning permission. These things do take time. How long did it take for you guys to get approval for Falmer and then get it built?

Our delay was getting approval - You had the approval 4 years ago,
The only thing stopping you was paying Sainsbury's the commercial rate to get started.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Yeah we've spent about 1.1bn
You've spent £1.3bn + however much you raised from the sell off to the yanks.

For which we have a new stadium/Training complex - A huge squad, with plenty of young players on loan at European/Championship clubs.
We have a strategy in place to try and improve the standing of the club.

Sure you won the playoffs, well done. What have you done with it?
You had a 4 year head start on us, Spent £200m more and now find yourselves miles behind us.

I think miles behind is a bit of a generalisation. How many league places was it? If you continue to improve season on season, and start to finish above us regularly then I will maybe concede your point, but remember that last season you didnt win for months, and had one of the lowest goals totals at home. There were many disillusioned fans here, but a couple of stand out wins at the end of the season changed all that. Not sure any of your wins were not something we had already done.
Still the gap is there now, lets see what this season brings.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

It took a long time for us to get planning permission to build the stadium, because we were building part of it in an ANOB and a national park. Once we got that planning permission in July 2007 it took under 4 years to build the stadium. You were granted planning permission to build just one new stand in April 2018, over 4 years later no work has even started. Can you spot a minor difference?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
It took a long time for us to get planning permission to build the stadium, because we were building part of it in an ANOB and a national park. Once we got that planning permission in July 2007 it took under 4 years to build the stadium. You were granted planning permission to build just one new stand in April 2018, over 4 years later no work has even started. Can you spot a minor difference?

It took us a while to get planning permission too, as we are also in an ANOB..., No even I cant write that :)
Yes progress has been slow, but we do now have a decent academy and training facility, regardless of who has to pay to use or not, and hopefully work on the ground will start soon, but it shouldnt take 4 years

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think miles behind is a bit of a generalisation. How many league places was it? If you continue to improve season on season, and start to finish above us regularly then I will maybe concede your point, but remember that last season you didnt win for months, and had one of the lowest goals totals at home. There were many disillusioned fans here, but a couple of stand out wins at the end of the season changed all that. Not sure any of your wins were not something we had already done.
Still the gap is there now, lets see what this season brings.

Sorry I wasn't talking about the table.
The fact is there isn't much between the starting 11s,and won't be for a long time.
Either of us could shade the final positions. Which will be down to fine margins.

I was talking about the fact that we can sell our two best players and still look forwards.
Your best player of last season has increased his value and you won't see a penny of it..

The best player to have played for either side, over the past decade, will end his days with you and you will need to replace him.
Your plan has been to pay big wages to keep you up it's worked, but for what purpose?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It took us a while to get planning permission too, as we are also in an ANOB..., No even I cant write that :)
Yes progress has been slow, but we do now have a decent academy and training facility, regardless of who has to pay to use or not, and hopefully work on the ground will start soon, but it shouldnt take 4 years

It’s already taken over 4 years, you’ve had planning permission for as long as we had and we built an entire stadium in that time. You’ve only got 1 stand to build so no it shouldn’t take 4 years, but in your case from permission to completion is going to be significantly longer.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Don’t worry , Steve will deliver.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

unfortunatley planning permission lapsed- so even if you wanted to start work tomorrow -you couldnt. You need to reapply for planning permission from the start- that will take god knows how long- it REALLY isnt going to happen

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So add your handouts from the EPL to the £400 million (I stand corrected) and counting, and I suspect you will also have had over £1bn income, and managed to have a shiny out of town bowl, training facilities, 1 top 10 finish, more than 50 points, and 2 seasons out of I dont know how many finishing above your rivals, one of which doesnt count because it was bettered by losing in the play offs

So we’re ignoring season 2011/12 when we finished above you then? Funny how often this is forgotten by both Palace and Brighton fans alike given it was by a not insignificant 10 points and 7 league positions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here