Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
z
Both Albion and Palace very quiet in the transfer window, I guess it's the status of us both that we have to wait for the big clubs feeding frenzy to be over and then we go in and get our chance to feed?

Palace have signed goalkeeper Sam Johnstone and winger Malcolm Ebiowei signed on free transfers.

I know absolutely nothing about either. And as it’s cricket season I will wait till later.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

With a year left on his contract I wonder what an offer too good for Palace to refuse would look like. 20m? 30? 40?

I expect him to sign a new contract over the coming weeks but just imagine if he didn't. Imagine he got to January without having signed a new deal. I'd really, really enjoy the fans twisting themselves inside out as some claim he's way past his peak and a passenger while others write a strongly worded open letter to the club expressing their displeasure. Then there'd be those claiming a certain sangfroid about the decision. All round it would be magnificent viewing!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
With a year left on his contract I wonder what an offer too good for Palace to refuse would look like. 20m? 30? 40?

I expect him to sign a new contract over the coming weeks but just imagine if he didn't. Imagine he got to January without having signed a new deal. I'd really, really enjoy the fans twisting themselves inside out as some claim he's way past his peak and a passenger while others write a strongly worded open letter to the club expressing their displeasure. Then there'd be those claiming a certain sangfroid about the decision. All round it would be magnificent viewing!

I am not so sure now, with Eze and Olise, we can see the next generation coming up and time stops for no man.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

20-30 would be a SUPERB deal for a player past his best and with just a year left.

So expect Palace to put the usual £785m price tag on him, and then act all surprised when no-one is interested…

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I am not so sure now, with Eze and Olise, we can see the next generation coming up and time stops for no man.

That is the sensible response but I'm pretty sure it's one that will be drowned out by the two extreme opposing views.

What would you consider a decent price for him now he's only got a year left? I reckon 25-30m would be a good deal. He's an attacking player who has added end product over the last couple of seasons but he's pushing 30 so he's probably not got too long left at his peak.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

True but moving to 5 subs changes the dynamics of the 25 man squad. With 3 subs you could get by with 18/19, 5 subs means you need 21/22. You need at least another 4 Eze’s and Olise just to hang on.
Loosing zaha without a similar replacement is going to hurt, as is not having a replacement for Gallagher.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
True but moving to 5 subs changes the dynamics of the 25 man squad. With 3 subs you could get by with 18/19, 5 subs means you need 21/22. You need at least another 4 Eze’s and Olise just to hang on.
Loosing zaha without a similar replacement is going to hurt, as is not having a replacement for Gallagher.

Can you use 5 subs in the same game ? Blimey shows you how much I care about football these days.

But what you are saying surly effects all but the top 5 clubs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can you use 5 subs in the same game ? Blimey shows you how much I care about football these days.

It's all about the Top 6, they have the spending power to buy and loan players that clearly impacts on teams trying to break into the Top 6, they have the breaks in terms of law changes, like this, where a substitute isn't really weakening the starting eleven it's complimenting it, I really don't feel it's appropriate to be able to buy and loan players within the league you compete in, for any club. I know there are changes to numbers allowed and you can't loan in the EPL from the transfer window the player was purchased in, but, with the right amount of cash, you can impact the results in your league.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Or clubs who have invested heavily in the squad …. West Ham and one Brighton and Hove Albion spring to mind …..

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Or clubs who have invested heavily in the squad …. West Ham and one Brighton and Hove Albion spring to mind …..

Wonder if we can improve on that three place better finish?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Wonder if we can improve on that three place better finish?

I would like to think so. When you look at benches last season many teams only had three or four players at most that could make a difference, the rest were window dressing. The additions to our squad will mean we have at least 5 players on the bench who can make a difference, even with injuries we’ll have the depth to cover.
Winter will be the time it hits teams with small squads as this is when injuries hit.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Two things,

5D57B52E-473F-40A6-BEA0-37590B5FDFC6.png

4EE65F51-D730-498B-B8E0-F054D4DF7B89.png

I’m surprised no one has mentioned either yet.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Two things,

View attachment 149616

View attachment 149617

I’m surprised no one has mentioned either yet.

Irt the kit.
I don't mind the away kit, but the home kit is ****ing disgusting.
Amazed two clubs agreed to have it.

Irt the vaccine situation, I have to say that I'm not that surprised that a large number of professional athletes opted to not take it.
Whether I think they should have done or not, I'm not going to pass judgement on any players that opted not to.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Personally, I couldn’t care less what their Vaccine status is, but for the club to arrange a pre- season tour of a country that has stringent Covid vaccine entry rules when you know a fair proportion of your first team haven’t been vaccinated strikes me as a little bit stupid.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I couldn’t care less what their Vaccine status is, but for the club to arrange a pre- season tour of a country that has stringent Covid vaccine entry rules when you know a fair proportion of your first team haven’t been vaccinated strikes me as a little bit stupid.

You are surprised that Palace can be so Tinpot? I’m not

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I would like to think so. When you look at benches last season many teams only had three or four players at most that could make a difference, the rest were window dressing. The additions to our squad will mean we have at least 5 players on the bench who can make a difference, even with injuries we’ll have the depth to cover.
Winter will be the time it hits teams with small squads as this is when injuries hit.

Although the World Cup could also?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here