Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Well he'll make a nice companion for Eddie... bit worried that Albion don't seem to have a gay icon supporter (or at least public)...

That's a bit of a failed attempt at value signaling. Eddie Izzard now identifies as 'she' and has described herself as a lesbian trapped in a man's body. However, she's not a gay man. By suggesting that she would make a nice companion for a gay man, you seem to be just chucking people in a single bag marked 'other'. And unless you are suggesting that doing the adverts for your new sponsor immediately makes Rylan a Palace fan, you also don't have a gay icon supporter. Very few teams do - Watford obviously, Arsenal have Matt Lucas, Paul Sinha's a big Liverpool fan, but I can't think of a lot more.

Incidentally, Palace do seem to have more comedy types supporting them than most teams: Izzard, Jo Brand, Kevin Day, Mark & Elliot Steele, the Inbetweeners' James Buckley, the sadly departed Sean Hughes, the sadly not departed Nookie Bear and haven't I also seen the entire cast of 'People Just Do Nothing' dressing up in black pyjamas and stealing the best seats off some of your long term fans?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's a bit of a failed attempt at value signaling. Eddie Izzard now identifies as 'she' and has described herself as a lesbian trapped in a man's body. However, she's not a gay man. By suggesting that she would make a nice companion for a gay man, you seem to be just chucking people in a single bag marked 'other'. And unless you are suggesting that doing the adverts for your new sponsor immediately makes Rylan a Palace fan, you also don't have a gay icon supporter. Very few teams do - Watford obviously, Arsenal have Matt Lucas, Paul Sinha's a big Liverpool fan, but I can't think of a lot more.

Incidentally, Palace do seem to have more comedy types supporting them than most teams: Izzard, Jo Brand, Kevin Day, Mark & Elliot Steele, the Inbetweeners' James Buckley, the sadly departed Sean Hughes, the sadly not departed Nookie Bear and haven't I also seen the entire cast of 'People Just Do Nothing' dressing up in black pyjamas and stealing the best seats off some of your long term fans?

You’d need a sense of humour to support Palace

You forgot Neil Morrissey in your Palace fans rundown btw

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another achievement being the only side for years (apart from Liverpool one season) not to concede a goal against the champions Man City. And beat 'em 2-0 on their own ground.

Considering all the doom and gloom about 13 (was it?) players being out of contract at the end of last season and a totally new manager to the Prem, going up two places and having a sniff of the Top 10 is pretty good. Of course Albion can't remember life before the Prem, when Palace finished 3rd in 1990/91.

You were only formed in 2010

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
Well it finally happened after years of trying (only 12 in some people's view) that BHA finished above CP and unlike the last time no nasty play off scenarios to burst the bubble. Have to say that its been a good achievement by both clubs, especially BHA given the indifferent home form and a run from September to Boxing Day without a win. Also impressive end to the season, with some notable victories against Arsenal, Spuds, Manure and Wet Sham. I think much depends on the transfer window for both of us, as there are folk sniffing around Bissouma and Curcurella who look to have been stand out for you this season, and we have a large Gallagher shaped hole to fill in midfield. Looking forward to August when we get to do it all again, and looking forward to the derby games especially.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013

The "attempt" came from your side laddie, with the post about Cinch and Rylan Clark(-Neal). By the way why did he drop the Neal?

I'm old enough to remember when there were virtually no "double-barrelled" players, a certain Ian Storey-Moore who played for Forest and then Man U, thought it was too posh-sounding and dropped the "Storey". End of...

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The "attempt" came from your side laddie, with the post about Cinch and Rylan Clark(-Neal). By the way why did he drop the Neal?

I'm old enough to remember when there were virtually no "double-barrelled" players, a certain Ian Storey-Moore who played for Forest and then Man U, thought it was too posh-sounding and dropped the "Storey". End of...

"Laddie!?"

Was that absolutely necessary? It reads like someone spoiling for a fight in a pub carpark.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
The year before the PL when we lost to Warnock’s Notts County in the playoffs?

Yup. Another successful future Palace manager.

Albion must be so happy that at last they have a manager whom other sides with more financial clout than even Tony Bloom might covet. Look what happened to the last two:

Sami Hyypia - the Finnish answer to err... Sami Hyypia.

Then Chris Hughton who managed to take a side to the bottom of the Championship, that his successor is one game away from getting into the Prem.

Oh the memories... I bet you can't wait to play Bournemouth again after that 0-5 trouncing, followed by Cardiff beating you as well. Then the speculation on here that Palace might actually throw the last game out of spite. And you want to know why so many comedians support us? Maybe because they get so much material from you lot..

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

As I've now clarified in my above post, I wasn't making a joke about Rylan being gay (and why would I?), but about Palace being an awful club.

I understand he dropped the 'Neal' after separating from his husband, Dan Neal.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Albion must be so happy that at last they have a manager whom other sides with more financial clout than even Tony Bloom might covet. Look what happened to the last two:

Then Chris Hughton who managed to take a side to the bottom of the Championship, that his successor is one game away from getting into the Prem.

This is not only a very odd and pointless boast to attempt, its also inherently self defeating. Who was the last Palace manager who went from managing them to a top job? No, not even Venables. He went to second division QPR.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Oh the memories... I bet you can't wait to play Bournemouth again after that 0-5 trouncing, followed by Cardiff beating you as well. Then the speculation on here that Palace might actually throw the last game out of spite. And you want to know why so many comedians support us? Maybe because they get so much material from you lot..

Are you ok?

Does that make coherent sense to you?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How do you know that? Long before you were born.

And the last time Albion actually finished a season above Palace was in 2012/13. I'm sure you can't have forgotten...:whistle::shit:

I remember it well.

I also remember the last 4 times we’ve done the double over you, in fact, I was there. Do you think you’ll live long enough to see your side ever do the double over us? You’d have to be well into your 90s to have witnessed the last time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is not only a very odd and pointless boast to attempt, its also inherently self defeating. Who was the last Palace manager who went from managing them to a top job? No, not even Venables. He went to second division QPR.

Come on, their last manager was able to get Watford relegated in about 4 months. And what happened to Pardew?

And Steve Bruce and Tony Pullis would rather go on gardening leave or pay a bonus back than continue being their manager.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Another achievement being the only side for years (apart from Liverpool one season) not to concede a goal against the champions Man City. And beat 'em 2-0 on their own ground.

Considering all the doom and gloom about 13 (was it?) players being out of contract at the end of last season and a totally new manager to the Prem, going up two places and having a sniff of the Top 10 is pretty good. Of course Albion can't remember life before the Prem, when Palace finished 3rd in 1990/91.

what went wrong after that?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well it finally happened after years of trying (only 12 in some people's view) that BHA finished above CP and unlike the last time no nasty play off scenarios to burst the bubble. Have to say that its been a good achievement by both clubs, especially BHA given the indifferent home form and a run from September to Boxing Day without a win. Also impressive end to the season, with some notable victories against Arsenal, Spuds, Manure and Wet Sham. I think much depends on the transfer window for both of us, as there are folk sniffing around Bissouma and Curcurella who look to have been stand out for you this season, and we have a large Gallagher shaped hole to fill in midfield. Looking forward to August when we get to do it all again, and looking forward to the derby games especially.

That's fair enough but the 12 year thing is valid. A football club went bust and someone stepped in and started a new one with the 'stock' and premises, again. The only continuity is the appearance, or 'brand'.

I think we can just about claim the bragging rights on league positioning. I know you got to a SF, but it was a cushy ride to get there.

Enjoy your summer.

Oh God, I'm going to have to give Nadine Dorries some credit. Eurgh.

She's so thick she probably thinks she's reversing a ban.

Last edited:

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
More than delighted to have finished above that lot from up the road but it has taken us an awfully long time to establish bragging rights. I thought Viera would be sacked after a dozen games and I got that wrong so yes, a lot depends on who can hold on to certain players and summer signings. I would be very surprised if either team were looking over their shoulders at relegation next season.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
More than delighted to have finished above that lot from up the road but it has taken us an awfully long time to establish bragging rights. I thought Viera would be sacked after a dozen games and I got that wrong so yes, a lot depends on who can hold on to certain players and summer signings. I would be very surprised if either team were looking over their shoulders at relegation next season.

It has only taken this long cause they took the easy way out and cheated twice by going into administration......but shhhssssshhhh you are not allowed to talk facts to them lot!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It has only taken this long cause they took the easy way out and cheated twice by going into administration......but shhhssssshhhh you are not allowed to talk facts to them lot!

Strictly speaking both the predecessor companies went into administration once each, and no-longer exist. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here