[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
As we know the P & L of so many clubs is littered with £60m gambles, few successful. I know what you mean but, for your club, I fear the Summer transfer of two of your three is inevitable, as it is with some of ours.
Oh yes no doubt, but that’s football, it’s not something I fear.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
As we know the P & L of so many clubs is littered with £60m gambles, few successful. I know what you mean but, for your club, I fear the Summer transfer of two of your three is inevitable, as it is with some of ours.
I reckon we wil lose two players, Guehi and one of olise or eze. The problem being who we replace them with , not easy as seen by your efforts.
im quietly confident dougie will come up trumps again assuming he’s still with us 😉👍

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I reckon we wil lose two players, Guehi and one of olise or eze. The problem being who we replace them with , not easy as seen by your efforts.
im quietly confident dougie will come up trumps again assuming he’s still with us 😉👍

Agree, but looks like Dougie's one of those going now. Olise is a City target and Eze, Chelsea, both having put themselves firmly in the window lately, and I guess it's a given that Guehi's going, going to be a tough Summer. In a way pleased some of our talent hasn't been in the window of late.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Palace looked very good against a poor Manchester United side.
If they can afford to keep that squad together and turn down huge sums for Olise, Eze and Guehi and also find a way of building the much vaunted new stand then they would have done very well. I'm sure many Palace fans will begin next season dreaming of Europe.

It will be very interesting to see how Parish juggles everything. If I was a Palace fan I would be most worried about losing Olise and Wharton. I would be prepared to sacrifice Eze and Guehi in order to keep those two.

This summer Parish will be under pressure from the fans to keep his best players, while knowing that to strengthen the club to improve their profit and sustainability he has to sell his gold.

The Brighton/Palace rivalry is very much alive. An interesting summer is ahead for both sets of fans.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Wharton looks an annoyingly good piece of business. Along with Pedro, Watkins etc it’s further support for paying ‘mid range prices’ for the best players in the Championship (cheaper than buying from PL or one of the top Euro leagues but more expensive than youngsters from South America for example). One reason I hope we can pull off KDH.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Wharton looks an annoyingly good piece of business. Along with Pedro, Watkins etc it’s further support for paying ‘mid range prices’ for the best players in the Championship (cheaper than buying from PL or one of the top Euro leagues but more expensive than youngsters from South America for example). One reason I hope we can pull off KDH.
Palace have often been good at picking up decent players from the championship.
However Over the years Palace have also wasted a big chunk of wages on "proven" talent.
There is a much greater need to get those signings right.

Replacing the likes of Olise and Eze will not be easy.
Personally I think both players will be happy to fleece Parish for exorbitant wages, rather than prove themselves at a higher level.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think we need to remember that whilst many Palace fans make representations about "not being a selling club" they are, as are most clubs outside the established six, and we are. The "ring-fenced" £100m for the new stand has run out and they are under pressure to start this project, so I think they need to make up the £100m shortfall, plus the difference in cost of the stand now, which is probably nearer £120m, so sell all three to stand still is looking a very likely unattractive option.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
One reason I hope we can pull off KDH.
ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think you are right. Seems as if Palace are quite happy to sell Guehi this summer. They obviously don’t want to sell Olise but I’m sure he’ll go due to his release clause at c £60m and I think there are plenty of clubs who will pay that.
I think Olise is more of a loss to you than Eze would be.
So say you get £100m for the two. How much will Palace be able to reinvest? I ask this as I assume that the purchases in Jan seem to have been made knowing that sales would happen in the summer.
I can’t see Palace being as strong next season as late this season, just in the same way as we’ve taken a small step back this season after MacAllister and Caicedo left.
Freeman going would also be a loss as he has done well identifying talent.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I think you are right. Seems as if Palace are quite happy to sell Guehi this summer. They obviously don’t want to sell Olise but I’m sure he’ll go due to his release clause at c £60m and I think there are plenty of clubs who will pay that.
So say you get £100m for the two. How much will Palace be able to reinvest? I ask this as I assume that the purchases in Jan seem to have been made knowing that sales would happen in the summer.
I can’t see Palace being as strong next season as late this season, just in the same way as we’ve taken a small step back this season after MacAllister and Caicedo left.
In truth we haven’t missed Guehi as Richard’s has adapted to the new managers style like a duck to water. And you are right Olise will be the bigger miss as he is constantly good whereas Eze can be very hit and miss.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Doesn't matter which club it is, the rich 6 are like sharks, the moment they scent blood in the water, they come calling. It'll be interesting to see how Palace fair once they've been turned into chum after the summer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd be amazed if someone doesn't trigger the 60m release clause for Olise this summer. His outstanding form in the last few weeks has been timed to perfection.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'd be amazed if someone doesn't trigger the 60m release clause for Olise this summer. His outstanding form in the last few weeks has been timed to perfection.
Absolutely.
Funny that.

Fortunately Mitoma has been hidden from view for months.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Personally I think both players will be happy to fleece Parish for exorbitant wages, rather than prove themselves at a higher level.
No, Palace wouldn't allow a wantaway winger to sign a new contract, to be paid over the top wages to stay and let his career stagnate would they.....

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No, Palace wouldn't allow a wantaway winger to sign a new contract, to be paid over the top wages to stay and let his career stagnate would they.....
I'm sure they've definitely learnt from how poorly they handled that situation.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Agree, but looks like Dougie's one of those going now. Olise is a City target and Eze, Chelsea, both having put themselves firmly in the window lately, and I guess it's a given that Guehi's going, going to be a tough Summer. In a way pleased some of our talent hasn't been in the window of late.
I wouldn’t believe all you hear about my namesake 😉👍

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
How very interesting. Please would you share your sauce for this titbit?
Tim hasn’t got a source whereas mine has stated it will begin at the end of the season👍

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Tim hasn’t got a source whereas mine has stated it will begin at the end of the season👍
If that was the case your freak chairman would be telling everyone about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports