Owen Garvan (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
With that fantastic Championship record of his Bennett is clearly Prem class... oh wait

He is only 22. And believe us, Bennett is Prem class. We don't need to back him up anymore as he's not our player, but I can see him settling right in. He would have been one of the best midfielders in the Championship by far had he stayed.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Pardon me for nipping in to this semi-binfest, but have we given the Garvin kiddie the cold shoulder?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You sound like a Peterborough fan I know...

Fancy a bet then me old mucker? For REMF. £100.00 says he won't join you this season for the purposes of the bet.

(He won't join you in a million years by the way)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Fancy a bet then me old mucker? For REMF. £100.00 says he won't join you this season for the purposes of the bet.

(He won't join you in a million years by the way)

make that £100 if BHA finish about you, betting on a player joining is balls.

Viva Calderon

Apr 29, 2010
Er, maybe because our midfield is better than your's? You're star man has left and you're other decent midfielder, Bridcutt, was on trial with us in the summer but didn't make the grade. Ambrose, Danns, Zaha and Marrow would all walk into you're team. Get over yourselves, you pissed a very poor League One, The Championship is a massive step up.

Er !! hang on dude It's pretty obvious that Gus didn't see Glen Murray in his Plans for the coming season other wise he would have made him an offer that would have kept him here! Now keep that in Mind when you add up who he has signed and how much for so far!! with more to come! How many millions have Palarse spent on players ??? Zilch, Nada, Zero, all freebies. You should think yourselves lucky your still in the Championship! So understand this. Gus is no fool nor is Tony Bloom. So lets just see how the season works out shall we? I would not bet on Palarse finishing up, above BHA this season But would bet that we take 6 points off you! Viva Gustavo! Viva BHA! Viva The Amex!! Viva CMS !! Viva !! Viva!! Viva!!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
make that £100 if BHA finish about you, betting on a player joining is balls.

Marc, it's balls when you know it won't happen, yes i agree. As far as finishing above us, who knows, your chairman is certainly spending his cash. 22k a week for CMS, we just can't compete with that!

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
He is only 22. And believe us, Bennett is Prem class. We don't need to back him up anymore as he's not our player, but I can see him settling right in. He would have been one of the best midfielders in the Championship by far had he stayed.

I'm not denying he is good enough - he may well be, I have never seen him play. I just think Norwich have taken a risk with him having never played above League 1 level, and so for that reason he can't be compared to Ambrose - who has had a career in the top two divisions, and had plenty of Prem experience by Bennett's age.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Marc, it's balls when you know it won't happen, yes i agree. As far as finishing above us, who knows, your chairman is certainly spending his cash. 22k a week for CMS, we just can't compete with that!

Lets say that is true (which I highly doubt it is....) but didn't Palace fans say our chairman had no money, because we couldn't afford to keep our top scorer (Murray) yet now you are slating us for spending (allegedly) £22k a week? Which by the way, no-one can actually back up...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Marc, it's balls when you know it won't happen, yes i agree. As far as finishing above us, who knows, your chairman is certainly spending his cash. 22k a week in your stadium, we just can't compete with that!

Uh huh 'old bean' (patronising wanker)

Chrystal Palace

SJ's Fake Tan
Sep 6, 2009
Er !! hang on dude It's pretty obvious that Gus didn't see Glen Murray in his Plans for the coming season other wise he would have made him an offer that would have kept him here! Now keep that in Mind when you add up who he has signed and how much for so far!! with more to come! How many millions have Palarse spent on players ??? Zilch, Nada, Zero, all freebies. You should think yourselves lucky your still in the Championship! So understand this. Gus is no fool nor is Tony Bloom. So lets just see how the season works out shall we? I would not bet on Palarse finishing up, above BHA this season But would bet that we take 6 points off you! Viva Gustavo! Viva BHA! Viva The Amex!! Viva CMS !! Viva !! Viva!! Viva!!

Can I just say, KG wasn't a free. But carry on.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Which you thoroughly deserved for being in administration AGAIN.

f***ing hell.

I don't give a f*** whether we deserved it or not, it's not relevant to the point i was making.

I said it couldn't have got any worse, because we'd been through it all. We came out stronger, and will obviously improve on last season.

To the people saying we'll lose our best players - they aren't going anywhere unless it's for stupid money. This has been confirmed by Parish and Dougie countless times.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I still cannot see who would want your 'best players' ... you all but failed last season.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So away from these goofy palace geeks getting menstrual and jealous , when are we likely to get confirmation ?

Assuming he is in talks then should be an announcement any minute ?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

If the deal for Gould goes through, we have spendeded £1.3m.
You really are quite stupid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports