[Albion] Oscar Zambrano - ‘The new Caicedo’

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
young ecuadorean midfielder, was on the verge of joining luton but ourselves and man u have shown a late interest, allegedly. could of course be agent talk, but i definitely think we need a midfielder brought in.

looks a decent player, and i don’t think the caicedo comparison is as lazy as it sounds

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Now this is the sort of rumour I believe. That is an impressive highlights reel. Excellent break up play and a good range of passing, just the sort of thing we are looking for. Would definitely have to acclimatise to the premier league but the potential is clearly there. Chuck in a decent sell on clause and we could get this done.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I doubt any interest on our part is "sudden" but you never know.
could be that we were waiting to see what else could pan out this window before going for him, but luton advancing in negotiations so early in january has forced our hand? do not doubt that we would have been scouting him since he was about 4

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The one negative about having been so good in the transfer market is that every two bit agent is chucking our name in there to try and hawk a PL contract from every two bit PL club who wants to emulate us for their two bit player.

Or of course, we could be really interested in signing him. In which case. Great. Welcome Oscar :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Boooooooooooooooing him already.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
SING him up. Don’t think we’ve had a Z player since Lord Robert of Zamora 🙌🏼.

Also he’d have a ready made chant in Zambezi by Brighton’s finest The Piranhas.

Go on, TBMBE and PBOBE, get that cheque book out!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if United will learn from last time

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I wonder if United will learn from last time

Lets hope not.

Just wondering if our interest is either 'sudden' or none. Especially with our Ecuadorian track, Roland YT presence and the Agent being the same as RDZ and Baleba.

Maybe we're in for him and Luton are trying to jump the gun? Hopefully anyway.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
We must surely be in the hotseat if it comes to getting Ecuadorians considering the trajectory of Perv and Caicedo.

As an aside, I was in Spain over the Xmas holidays and met (not in that way) a woman who lived there from Ecuador and her parents were over from Quito for a visit. I met them and they spoke no English but when I said that I was from Brighton their faces (well the Dad's) lit up and he started talking about 'seagulls' 'Estupinan and Caicedo'.

I did what any true brit would do in the circumstances. Went bright red and gave him a big smile and a double thumbs up.

👍👍🏻

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
United would have signed Moises but for the ”complications” As there don’t appear to be any with this guy. I doubt we’re in the running if they are serious and it’s not all unfounded rumours. I am suspicious of the “sudden” interest comment, that’s not how we generally do business is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports