Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
qr55.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Doing my Sherlock Holmes bit, people wearing flares, no goals or lines on the pitch - probably ploughed up but can't tell. South stand empty, £ 1.30 to get in.
My guess is Sunday morning, 6th May, 1979. The Goldstone party after getting promotion at Newcastle the day before and free to get in.
I'm probably miles out!

el punal

Doing my Sherlock Holmes bit, people wearing flares, no goals or lines on the pitch - probably ploughed up but can't tell. South stand empty, £ 1.30 to get in.
My guess is Sunday morning, 6th May, 1979. The Goldstone party after getting promotion at Newcastle the day before and free to get in.
I'm probably miles out!
If you can see Mark Lawrenson with his arm in a sling then you’re dead right! I was there but I can’t remember if they did the bus tour and presentation at Hove Town Hall before or after the Goldstone trek.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
If you can see Mark Lawrenson with his arm in a sling then you’re dead right! I was there but I can’t remember if they did the bus tour and presentation at Hove Town Hall before or after the Goldstone trek.
I was at the Goldstone that Sunday morning too. I was trying to remember when the old roof on the North Stand came down as it’s still there on that picture?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The Black Rabbit in Arundel...

Other clues of 'Vote [someone]' on the Kit-Kat ad (I googled old KitKat ads, but nothing came up) and Bukta advertising also have me leaning towards 1979.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I was at the Goldstone that Sunday morning too. I was trying to remember when the old roof on the North Stand came down as it’s still there on that picture?
North Stand Roof was 100% there on 6th May 1979.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
1703768795672.png

1703768865548.png

Can't believe the Arsgas put the wrong date there! That would have been a Tuesday!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here