Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
The square brick building on the corner (Upper Rock Gardens/Edward St) behind the back of the bus is built on a wartime bomb site; my Dad was living in a basement flat just across the road at the time (Egremont Place). I have a feeling this was the September 1940 incident when the Odeon cinema was hit; a Dornier jettisoned its load while under attack, dumping 20 bombs across the area.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The Golden Cross, Western Rd/Marlborough Street ?

ms1.jpg

ms2.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What on earth is that car on the right. It looks like the Johnny Cash 'one piece at a time' car with no two bits fitting together.
The very first time the word "Psychobilly" was used to build his Psychobilly Cadillac, a song about his time in Detroit working on the assembly line and folks stealing bits to build their cars at home, something the wife's family actually did although not a full car.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Possible. The “Audax” range was used both in the Sunbeam and Hillman. All part of the Roots group parts bin.
I did my time trying to spot Minxs, Gazelles etc as I clambered around the breakers yard at Pease Pottage, nicking bits to keep my Rapier on the road. Remember the rule 'If it fits in your toolbox, there's no charge'. No, couldn't find anything today mate :wink:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here