Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
New car show rooms at the south west corner of the Old Steine. I never knew it had been there , having gone before my time of going about Brighton. This from the 1950s.
5CCDD7E3-25DF-40AE-A77C-09EB225B538A.jpeg

I am assuming that it is the square building at the bottom of the new pic. This from a news site after the recent Royal Albion fire.
7F3E6EE8-B7D0-4F49-836C-F72050E622FD.jpeg

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Yep, for the elephant in the room.
New car show rooms at the south west corner of the Old Steine. I never knew it had been there , having gone before my time of going about Brighton. This from the 1950s.
View attachment 164138

I am assuming that it is the square building at the bottom of the new pic. This from a news site after the recent Royal Albion fire.
View attachment 164137
I remember the showroom, have a vague recollection that it was Jaguar at one point

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
View attachment 164138

View attachment 164137
Film advertised is 1958. I don’t remember the building but I was quite young then!

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
View attachment 164138

View attachment 164137
Still has the black cat half way up the wall. Someone I knew was seriously hospitalised 25 years ago trying to rescue it when drunk. It appears to be the same building converted into flats.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
View attachment 164138

View attachment 164137
Still has the black cat on the wall

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
View attachment 164138

View attachment 164137

I remember that, the Moores showroom was still open early 70’s, selling RR, Daimler, Jaguar and Triumph.

They had another showroom until the early 80’s on Western Road, now the site of the mini Sainsbury’s.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I remember the showroom, have a vague recollection that it was Jaguar at one point

Just found it in on the internet, a Jaguar/Triumph dealer until 1974.
View attachment 164138

View attachment 164137

IMG_0152.png

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I remember that, the Moores showroom was still open early 70’s, selling RR, Daimler, Jaguar and Triumph.

They had another showroom until the early 80’s on Western Road, now the site of the mini Sainsbury’s.
Oh wow. The Rolls Royce description dragged this place out of the darkest depths of my memory. Connolly leather and pungent leaded fuel from big engines on choke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here