Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm looking at the pictures of Western Road before Churchill Square was built and wondering what happened to the owners of all those small shops plus the residents of the flats above. Looking at a map there were lots of small street in that area.
Where did they all go?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
ric1.jpg

ric2.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All those spare XXXL tops that are left over in the club shop are perfect for a 'really large fellow' :lolol:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Seem to recall that when the new shirts appeared in the Queens Road shop 'a friend' used to always just grab the biggest size on the rack. Including one time a 5XL :blush:
I remember the staff there urging people to get at least a larger size (or two) than they normally would as Errea sizes were either wrong or had a weird idea about what each size would normally be. Presumably didn't want the hassle of returns! That was when it was on the right hand side as you went down Queens Road (the old Virgin Records store). I know there's people on here who like Errea but I always found the fabric not that great, not that breathable, and prone to issues/snags/that sort of thing, so I was pleased when we moved away from them.

Jul 7, 2003
Seem to recall that when the new shirts appeared in the Queens Road shop 'a friend' used to always just grab the biggest size on the rack. Including one time a 5XL :blush:
I have a red Sandtex shirt from 93/94 which has the size name of 'Jumbo'. I believe these were the sizes given to the players at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here